Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 27 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have two free transfers and need to ship out Maddison and Vardy but really dunno who to go with!

Everton have two obvious options up front but there fixtures are bit ropey.

Dont wanna bring in anyone who's blanking so ignoring City and Arsenal. Already have Jimi and Ings and 3 Liverpool assists.

All the injuries are making it awkward to pick out standout replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve only 1 FT and I’ve been looking at something similar re: Aguero.

However I do think he will play this weekend as will Mahrez. I think both don’t play v Real midweek. However they both blank week after & then shortly after.

I want Jimi & Doherty.

On top of Mahrez & Aguero, I have Sarr & Webster I’d be happy to move on.

So could either do Aguero to Jimi & Webster to Doherty or Sarr to Traore & Webster to Doherty.

With the 2nd option I’ll play Mahrez & Aguero this week and then move one on week after next.

Right so I've went with Calvert Lewin in for Vardy.

Strongly thinking of taking a punt on Bruno Fernandes for Maddison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got Stephens in for Holgate, Hilson gets another week but tempted by St Maximin for a punt for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Have two free transfers and need to ship out Maddison and Vardy but really dunno who to go with!

Everton have two obvious options up front but there fixtures are bit ropey.

Dont wanna bring in anyone who's blanking so ignoring City and Arsenal. Already have Jimi and Ings and 3 Liverpool assists.

All the injuries are making it awkward to pick out standout replacements.

Interesting as I am actually considering bringing in Vardy and possibly one other Leicester, after the city game they have a nice run of fixtures. Everton have a nasty run coming up so would be inclined to steer clear tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm looking at a triple transfer of Mahrez, Sidibé and DCL to Martial, Boly and Jimenez for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Which is the best option to get Mané in?

Aguero/Cantwell to Mané/DCL for -4

or

KDB to Mané for free

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Which is the best option to get Mané in?

Aguero/Cantwell to Mané/DCL for -4

or

KDB to Mané for free
    First one. KDB is a definite hold for now.

Interesting as I am actually considering bringing in Vardy and possibly one other Leicester, after the city game they have a nice run of fixtures. Everton have a nasty run coming up so would be inclined to steer clear tbh

I've held onto Vardy and Maddison for long time now hoping they would regain form to be honest I've only gotten away with having them because so many others did to!

I think Calvert Lewin is in good form and I've been tempted by him a lot this season so finally decided to go for it seeing as no one else is grabbing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

First one. KDB is a definite hold for now.

Depends on your rank I think. If you're looking to gain ground, KDB to Mané this week could be a good move especially if you were to captain Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who would you play: Henderson (BHA) or McCarthy (AVI)? My head says Henderson but the bookies actually say McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Who would you play: Henderson (BHA) or McCarthy (AVI)? My head says Henderson but the bookies actually say McCarthy

I’d go Hendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Front 3 of Aguero--Firmino--Ings, and a bit unsure about what to do. Tempted by Jiminez, also by Vardy, but might hold off on that until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Boring sideways transfer of Sidibe to Saiss.
    Sidibe has been terrible and has terrible fixtures.
    Saiss is nailed on for Wolves and has great fixtures. Looks like a no-brainer and frees up cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Boring sideways transfer of Sidibe to Saiss.
    Sidibe has been terrible and has terrible fixtures.
    Saiss is nailed on for Wolves and has great fixtures. Looks like a no-brainer and frees up cash.

I’m ditching Sidibe too, what a disappointment he’s been.

Saiss was first choice but my head is being turned by Charlie Taylor, the highlights I saw of them v Arsenal he was very advanced. Was surprised when I saw he has only one assist in his three seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I honestly don't know what to do, front 7 is

Fleck, Salah, De Bruyne, Grealish
    Jimenez, Firmino, Ings

I'd like to save some cash and swap out Firmino but DCL seems a strange punt given his fixtures.

I have Traore on the bench for Fleck for tomorrow

I have Sidibe to flog on the bench, could that be the one to do this week?

Considering Grealish to Martial, promised myself never to get two gloves in again but his form is tempting.....am I mad!!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what to do, front 7 is

Fleck, Salah, De Bruyne, Grealish
    Jimenez, Firmino, Ings

I'd like to save some cash and swap out Firmino but DCL seems a strange punt given his fixtures.

I have Traore on the bench for Fleck for tomorrow

I have Sidibe to flog on the bench, could that be the one to do this week?

I would get rid of Sidibe - lots of better value cheapie defenders out there and will free up funds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Not an urgent transfer by any means but have Guaita as second keeper and see he’s at -97% to a drop on Fpl Stats.
    Thinking of swopping for Patricio as Wolves seem back on form defensively.
    Won’t be using Wildcard for a while yet but would like to have two decent keepers.

I would get rid of Sidibe - lots of better value cheapie defenders out there and will free up funds

Yeah did it, AWB in for him, still a mill in the bank. Decided to throw caution to the wind and play the bench boost with Pope, Saiss, Stevens and Evans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Not an urgent transfer by any means but have Guaita as second keeper and see he’s at -97% to a drop on Fpl Stats.
    Thinking of swopping for Patricio as Wolves seem back on form defensively.
    Won’t be using Wildcard for a while yet but would like to have two decent keepers.

If you own Pope it's not worth it.
    If you own Hendo you could need a transfer on GK in GW31 if Liverpool beat Chelsea in cup but are you gonna play the new keeper before then (excluding next week against Spurs) and is Pat worth 5M of your budget to guarantee a game versus BOU in GW31? Wolves picks are trending so do you want one to be the keeper.

If you've neither of the above I still don't think it's worth it as Palace have good fixtures (on paper anyway)

Personally I got Taylor in for Kelly to avoid a value drop with one of my 2 FTs but I've Cantwell in danger of a value drop tonight and I'll take it on the chin and roll the other transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Could do with some thoughts. Have been doing quite well but struggling in last few weeks. Have one free transfer and 0.5 in bank. Thinking Salah to Mane and Sidibe to someone else? He has tough fixures. Open to ideas though.

Allison

baddock---Sidibe----TAA

Grealish--De Bruyne--Traore--Salah

Aguero---Ings--Jiminez

Subs: Button-Soyuncu-Noble-Simpson

Tusky wrote: »
    Could do with some thoughts. Have been doing quite well but struggling in last few weeks. Have one free transfer and 0.5 in bank. Thinking Salah to Mane and Sidibe to someone else? He has tough fixures. Open to ideas though.

Allison

baddock---Sidibe----TAA

Grealish--De Bruyne--Traore--Salah

Aguero---Ings--Jiminez
    Subs: Button-Noble-Simpson

Even without knowing the missing defender I'd say save.
    Walcott still out means Sidibe could be right mid.
    There's a chance Milner starts (which would diminish Salah) but I think Ox or Keita will get the nod to replace Henderson.
    2 FTs to deal with your missing players next week looks optimal.

^ Get rid of Alisson, he's not worth the money to be sitting around being protected all day, get a keeper who makes the saves and save a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ElTel wrote: »
    Even without knowing the missing defender I'd say save.
    Walcott still out means Sidibe could be right mid.
    There's a chance Milner starts (which would diminish Salah) but I think Ox or Keita will get the nod to replace Henderson.
    2 FTs to deal with your missing players next week looks optimal.

Missing defender is Soyuncu!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Henderson home to brighton or Pope home to bournemouth
    egan or taylor same fixtures......

DCL away to Arsenal or Barnes home to city

First 3 named currently starting for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »

Pope, Egan, DCL (or Bench Boost?)

FWIW I would be going the same if I had those players, it’s marginal stuff tho, smart money could be to select Hendo - Cleanie marginally more likely and Taylor more likely attacking returns and decent prospect of cleanie..flip a coin stuff

Yeah I'd do the same.
    With your back 7 the temptation is there to split the risk this week but gets easier up to GW31 then. Just gotta hope your on the right side of schizo Bournemouth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah I'd do the same.
    With your back 7 the temptation is there to split the risk this week but gets easier up to GW31 then. Just gotta hope your on the right side of schizo Bournemouth!

Exactly my thinking!
    DCL over Barnes is tough too
    But DCL is bang in form

Advertisement