Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Matchday Thread - Winter Break Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

80 with Kevin's Bps. Happy days. Should be a big swing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jesus must be the most frustrating player in the league. Stifles all creativity in the most attacking team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't know what to say. Thought the brave move on wc was getting Aguero in for this fixture despite his blank in 28. Funny thing is if I hadn't got Kun I would have captained KDB. Beyond fed up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

64 all in. Main rival had Aguero captained so delighted with his blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

A bang average 56.

Small red arrows but managed to scrape a H2H win thanks to combo of KDB haul and Aguerooooo blank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

82 all out, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Yeah solely on the fact it got rearranged this game week. Not the fact we have them.

I had De Bruyne captain and I don't feel one bit lucky. There was a call to be made between him or Aguero for captaincy this week, and thankfully I got the tight call right for once!

Tbf there's no luck in having a game played in a gameweek it was scheduled to be played in originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

70(-4) Just back inside top 100k. Have been stuck between 70k and 120k for bloody ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Good, not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

60. Grey arrow territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

70 which is fine. I Will drop in rankings tonight I'd imagine as I only had KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

70. Hewt and green arrows on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was on 47 (-4) going into this game but looks like I'll finish on 75 (-4) thanks to captain KDB.

Soyuncu on the bench as first sub is annoying, but overall well pleased with that.

giphy.gif

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

So after a gw that feels like it lasted as long as the season and 61 points I'm predicted to drop about 800 places. At least we've only to wait till saturday now for more torture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

76 HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't get why people are annoyed that he blanked, he's not going to return big scores every time he plays, he scored a hattrick, followed by a brace and then got a goal when came on as a Sub. He could go and score 2 against Leicester - you just got to weather the storm.

A lot would have got him in after the 5 goals in 2 games and have ended up with 8 pts from 3 games. He now has a tough game against Leicester that you couldn't be certain he will play followed by a blank.

A lot would have got him in after the 5 goals in 2 games and have ended up with 8 pts from 3 games. He now has a tough game against Leicester that you couldn't be certain he will play followed by a blank.

To be honest I'm a firm believer in 'due a blank'

If a player scores like that people have to accept they missed the haul. Chasing last weeks points. How frequently do players score 3,2,2,2,1 etc? That form is sproadic. Aguero isn't known for his assists either so you're wanting him to get 2+ every game you have him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If a player scores like that people have to accept they missed the haul. Chasing last weeks points. How frequently do players score 3,2,2,2,1 etc? That form is sproadic. Aguero isn't known for his assists either so you're wanting him to get 2+ every game you have him

He was odds on to score tonight. Your the guy with the oddsonfpl site aren't you? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Ageuro to be rested against Leicester now after his 90 mins tonite is very likely with Madrid game up next

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He was odds on to score tonight. Your the guy with the oddsonfpl site aren't you? 😂

Yup one of them! Although not doing it this year.

I just mean from an FPL perspective for example

-

Aguero 3 2 2 Goals
    Aubam 3 2 0 Goals.

If both had easy fixtures I would want Aubam more as I feel Aguero is more likely to blank as that form is not going to be maintained (generally speaking)

It's a 100% viable option, I just think people chase last week's points.

• Advertisement

The 2 hauls he got were amazing for owners as all the other major captains options scored poorly when he hauled. It was a huge boost for them close to a 50 pt gain over 2 weeks. Villa he was always going to start as he got benched for the carabao cup game against utd, but the palace game he was a risky pick. Its hard not to get caught up in going for him after that has happened and especially as he is a Cult hero on here. However you have Salah 7.3 KDB 7 Mane 6.6 Vardy 6.4 aguero 6.2 PPG. Then if you look at Overall score he is only the 15th highest scorer KDB 175, Salah 168, Vardy 154, mane 152, Aguero 123.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yup one of them! Although not doing it this year.

I just mean from an FPL perspective for example

-

Aguero 3 2 2 Goals
    Aubam 3 2 0 Goals.

If both had easy fixtures I would want Aubam more as I feel Aguero is more likely to blank as that form is not going to be maintained (generally speaking)

It's a 100% viable option, I just think people chase last week's points.

Hmmm not sure about that one. It sounds similar to betting on red in roulette because black has come up 5 times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

76 HEWT

Actually got 66pts, stupid app saying i got 80pts because it thinks i have KDB as captain

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure about that one. It sounds similar to betting on red in roulette because black has come up 5 times in a row.

Slightly different as there's a human involved. Gamblers fallacy I believe it's called

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

57 points. 1 more than average sees a slight red arrow. Captain Aguero the big let down of the GW. Bringing him in a few GW's ago has certainly not worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

57 - Mo Captain Fail. Pool defense duo KDB, Grealish and Ings the contributors. 16 points on my bench is a plsser

68 and at 125k now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dropped 77 places
    Still around 7.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

55. Red arrow to 55k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

60 points and red arrows all around, thought it was a decent score until this morning. Salah captain costing me in a few leagues, surprised so many went with KDB

Advertisement