Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cheap Winter Golf .. where ?

• 19-02-2020 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

tired of the Algarve .. and golf prices are rocketing there

Anyone suggest good locations for cheap winter golf with

ryanair fly to
    golf is cheap
    accommodation is cheap in Feb/Mar and Oct/Nov
    choice of a few golf courses ( dont have to be championship quality)

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I don't know if it ticks the cheap box, but it's something different...Turkey?

A colleague was there for a weeks' golf with three other lads before Xmas and he's been singing its praise ever since.

These lads usually go to the Algarve every year but fancied a change last year. They went to the west coast of Turkey, package job. Direct flight from Dublin with Turkish Airlines (golf clubs went for free). He said the resort, golf and weather were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Skyfloater

Italy, February and November might be pushing it weatherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I don't know if it ticks the cheap box, but it's something different...Turkey?

A colleague was there for a weeks' golf with three other lads before Xmas and he's been singing its praise ever since.

These lads usually go to the Algarve every year but fancied a change last year. They went to the west coast of Turkey, package job. Direct flight from Dublin with Turkish Airlines (golf clubs went for free). He said the resort, golf and weather were excellent.

Can you get the name of it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

bailey99 wrote: »
    Can you get the name of it please?

This looks like a good site for a whole heap of destinations eg :

https://www.yourgolftravel.com/golf-holidays/turkey#js-offers-section

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thewobbler

celtic_oz wrote: »
    tired of the Algarve .. and golf prices are rocketing there

Anyone suggest good locations for cheap winter golf with

ryanair fly to
    golf is cheap
    accommodation is cheap in Feb/Mar and Oct/Nov
    choice of a few golf courses ( dont have to be championship quality)

thanks!

I’d think you would be better off still flying to Faro, but either heading a full hour west to Boavista / Espiche, or a full hour east into Spain and play/stay El Rompido.

Flying to Turkey will add a lot more time to your journey than that, and I can’t imagine it would be any cheaper than those suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

thewobbler wrote: »
    I’d think you would be better off still flying to Faro, but either heading a full hour west to Boavista / Espiche, or a full hour east into Spain and play/stay El Rompido.

Flying to Turkey will add a lot more time to your journey than that, and I can’t imagine it would be any cheaper than those suggestions.
    Boavista are doing a 7 night, 5 round (including buggies) with breakfast every day and a dinner for about €720 a head, staying in one of their two bed town houses. Gives you full access to their leisure centre as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

some of the spanish packages look good .. 3 nights 3 rounds €300 on 3 different courses

https://www.yourgolftravel.com/alboran-golf?package=1b58e3faeccc19842f0107477e746870

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think any European travel is fecked for the next couple of months, I’ve two cities breaks coming up and resigned that neither will go ahead. This virus will kill March to May travels I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Boavista are doing a 7 night, 5 round (including buggies) with breakfast every day and a dinner for about €720 a head, staying in one of their two bed town houses. Gives you full access to their leisure centre as well.

Boavista Golf Club? Any link to this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

bailey99 wrote: »
    Boavista Golf Club? Any link to this please?
    This is their special offers page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not sure of packages but Biarritz might be worth a look. Nice town, plenty of good golf courses within easy reach and San Sebastian is well within reach for a daytime or nightime excursion.

Advertisement