Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your local GAA club, junior memberhsip fees

Options
  • 19-02-2020 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Just looking for peoples views of what junior membership fees should be in typical club. Note all clubs are different.

Is 70euros annual membership plus 2 euro a training session reasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Ours is €50/child but reduces for third child.
    No weekly sub

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Last year down my way it was 60 euros up front and nothing else..
    But on our decrepit island it's like fuel prices nothing is regulated..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Last year our Club changed it to €150 for the 1st Child and €20 for each additional Child so we paid €170 for our 2 Kids. No weekly cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Genghis

Think ours was either €30 or €40 per child per year. We have 2 u10 boys. No other fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

thank you all. i appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

€100 for one child
    €150 for two children
    €200 for three or more

That’s it then, no other extras during year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Last year down my way it was 60 euros up front and nothing else..
    But on our decrepit island it's like fuel prices nothing is regulated..

How on earth can you expect fees to a voluntary organisation to be regulated? The government have enough to be dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Hi..crossman 47.. I'm not sure you could actually class the gaa as a voluntary organization. As of 2016 they show net profit of 66million and passed back 16 million to local clubs. Yes they fall somewhere supposedly inside the boundaries of a charitable organization but I'd say there not doing too badly..as for your comment about the government having enough to do without regulating the gaa... the government couldn't organize a pee up in a brewery..This could open up a big can of worms... and even so if all clubs are supposed to be under the same governing body then surely one would imagine that there would be blanket guidelines across fees/membership ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Each club has different costs. Some own their grounds, some rent. Some rely on parents' fundraising for gear, some get it from the cost of nursery membership / attendance. Some clubs have to pay for installation and upkeep of all-weather facilities, some don't. Some clubs have a hurl and helmet for every child, others encourage parents to buy them for kids that are hooked.

If your child likes Gaa it will be the best money you ever spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Hi..crossman 47.. I'm not sure you could actually class the gaa as a voluntary organization. As of 2016 they show net profit of 66million and passed back 16 million to local clubs. Yes they fall somewhere supposedly inside the boundaries of a charitable organization but I'd say there not doing too badly..as for your comment about the government having enough to do without regulating the gaa... the government couldn't organize a pee up in a brewery..This could open up a big can of worms... and even so if all clubs are supposed to be under the same governing body then surely one would imagine that there would be blanket guidelines across fees/membership ...

Mother of god......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

30e adult and 5e per child no training fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭rpurfield

€80 for age 3-4
    €90 for age 5-6
    €100 for 6-18

Family memberships range depending on kids and voting rights from €140 (no voting rights, two social adults and one child) to €350 (voting rights for both parents and three children on the membership).

No subs during the year though so I don't think its too bad to be honest. By comparison two of mine are playing rugby and the family membership is €100 a year but subs are €5 a week to cover the two of them, so it's much of a muchness to the above.

By the way is this an annual thread? I seem to remember this coming up before!

Advertisement