Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ATA Shotguns

• 07-02-2020 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Anyone taken a punt on ATA Shotguns or see them in use?

Getting increasingly positive attention in the UK in recent years.

Coming in at £600-£900 new!

Reviews suggesting it’s not the usual Turkish lower quality.

Instinct would probably tell most to spend it on a second hand Silver Pigeon or similar instead.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/CT3oRkW2094

https://youtu.be/Va_qjwVtTEM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Personally I would never recommend buying anything Turkish. It may work, it may be fine. But if something does go wrong you can be sure it will be a complete pain in the hole to order new parts because they are always tweaking designs etc. That then means the parts have to be reworked or remade by a gunsmith and that will then end up costing more than the gun is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Run a mile.

My friend bought one. I was there when he was excited to fire it for the first time.

The gun wouldn't close smoothly because the bottom cartridge was rubbing against the breach face. Then the latch on the top lever went so it wouldn't stay to the right when the gun was open.

Absolute disaster. You'll be far better served by a clean secondhand gun from a reputable manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DogfoxCork

have had one for a few years now, no issues with it and it cycles everything i put into it and i dont think its ever not fed or jammed on me. does what it says on the tin for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I have a ata over and under about 6 years I think and I love it. I use it for Clays and game I don't do much of either but it works Everytime I need it to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

I know the Turkish guns were ropey a few years back, but i hear the new ATA'S are really good, they are basically a clone of the Beretta's or Perazzi's. Stunning wood in them and they are not giving trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 duckshooter

Hape of dirt buy the silver pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 32 duckshooter

Hape of dirt buy the silver pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

tudderone wrote: »
    I know the Turkish guns were ropey a few years back, but i hear the new ATA'S are really good, they are basically a clone of the Beretta's or Perazzi's. Stunning wood in them and they are not giving trouble.

Tgs gun is a rebranded yildiz. Held one in sportsden. Fair shotgun for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

They kinda remind me of the Lanber guns. Solid guns that will do a job well and that are priced very cleverly.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭airsoft tactics

From my experience.
    Venza bought brand new from dealer. My first pigeon hunt with ATA Venza, the gun stock was unscrewed after 150 shots. The second cartridge every 5 shots stopped at the feed. I went to the dealer, said I want to buy a new shotgun (Beretta), for ATA trade in i got back 40% of the price with an idiotic explanation, after 6 months from the box.
    This is was my first and last Turkish gun. Maybe guns made in Turkey not bad, but defo not for me anymore )))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

From my experience.
    Venza bought brand new from dealer. My first pigeon hunt with ATA Venza, the gun stock was unscrewed after 150 shots. The second cartridge every 5 shots stopped at the feed. I went to the dealer, said I want to buy a new shotgun (Beretta), for ATA trade in i got back 40% of the price with an idiotic explanation, after 6 months from the box.
    This is was my first and last Turkish gun. Maybe guns made in Turkey not bad, but defo not for me anymore )))))

Lot of berettas are made in Turkey too.. so were Ferrari's and fiats..

No doubts, but for some reason when Beretta made in Turkey, shotguns don't have malfunctions like ATA shotguns which made in Turkey too.
    And you can read on gun made in Italy not Made in Turkey ;-)

No doubts, but for some reason when Beretta made in Turkey, shotguns don't have malfunctions like ATA shotguns which made in Turkey too.

receivers made in gardone val trompia in italy alright but i had an a300 and an al390 both had barrels made in turkey by stoeger. beretta es100 built in spain as well.

its all relevant anyway lads the first of the dt-11's that came out had major problems with double discharging. early dt-10's also had problems with the trigger unit. perazzi mx8/mx2000's had problems with the soldering on the ribs and 1st gen kemen km4 cracked stocks for fun.

as i said in an earlier post i held a yildiz pro sport in sportsden and it is a sweet machine for sub 2k

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Difference between made and assembled..

Beretta 690 first run were meant to be the biggest pile of dirt they released in years. Ejectors and finish..

If we were to believe all we read we would only be bigger fools.

I agree. Many companies are moving to China and Turkey because of cheap labor. But the fact remains. Beretta guns are several times better in quality than the ATA. The same Venza is a clone of the A300, but steel parts are made worse, lighter and cheaper. From here, the low price of guns is obvious. The company is trying to get a good reputation in the market, but as a buyer, from my experience, I am not satisfied with the quality of their products and technical support.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Spoke to SGC at the British Shooting show on Saturday.

They are the main importers for ATA firearms into UK and according to the guy sell 100+ per week.

They sell many other makes including Beretta and Browning. He said return rates for warranty for ATA were no higher than Beretta or Browning at around 1%.

He seemed genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Spoke to SGC at the British Shooting show on Saturday.

They are the main importers for ATA firearms into UK and according to the guy sell 100+ per week.

They sell many other makes including Beretta and Browning. He said return rates for warranty for ATA were no higher than Beretta or Browning at around 1%.

He seemed genuine.

I wouldn't doubt it. When they were first released they may well have had some teething problems, but from what I can find out about them, the latest ATA are fine guns. Well priced for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

I heard the same, the Turks upped their game, no future in churning out unreliable tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish1759

I was looking to the the ATA supersport adj as my first gun, but cant find anyone in Ireland that sells them. Looks at them on the SGC website at at 700 to £800 seems like a bargain and seen some great reviews on them

irish1759 wrote: »
    I was looking to the the ATA supersport adj as my first gun, but cant find anyone in Ireland that sells them. Looks at them on the SGC website at at 700 to £800 seems like a bargain and seen some great reviews on them

Iv a dealer who has a trade account with sgc if it's any use. He can get you anything you want off them and at very good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Iv a dealer who has a trade account with sgc if it's any use. He can get you anything you want off them and at very good prices.

Is it expensive getting a firearm shipped over.Do they only do straight deals or will they take a trade in on a firearm from sgc.Thanks.

Asus1 wrote: »
    Is it expensive getting a firearm shipped over.Do they only do straight deals or will they take a trade in on a firearm from sgc.Thanks.

its all part of the package they handle the import licence shipping and all that malarkey. dont know about the trade in you could ask alright but for best prices cash is king

Where are they based anywhere near Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

hedzball wrote: »
    Difference between made and assembled..

Beretta 690 first run were meant to be the biggest pile of dirt they released in years. Ejectors and finish..

If we were to believe all we read we would only be bigger fools.

I’ve seen that too at a clay shoot last year where the trigger guard literally fell off the gun as it was been taken out of the gun slip....the chap that owned wasn’t too amused he brought it straight back to the shop.
    The gas thing is that it’s the natural successor to the 682 and they were charging over €500 more for it and the quality seemed to go the opposite direction

irish1759 wrote: »
    Where are they based anywhere near Dublin

Kildare town

Kildare town

Could you PM me their details, might get a price on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Go with tried and tested
    Find a second hand Miroku or Browning 525 or 68 series beretta
    All are bombproof.
    I know it’s not very exciting paying a grand or so for a gun that’s probably been well shot and has an odd scratch, but they keep shooting and you’ll have something to sell on.
    I’m not sure the Turkish guns for all their gloss will do the same.

Advertisement