Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Poleberry is a nice area for residential?

Options
  • 17-02-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi all, I'll move to Waterford city in 2 months later. I need to find an apartment/house to rent in Waterford city. i saw a nice one in Poleberry.

Could I ask you if Poleberry is a good place to live?:o

thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

It’s convenient but there are a lot of students around there. Generally a lot of rental around there so depends on who is around you. Would not be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dcenrie

thank you for your response.

Poleberry can be considered as a safe residential place, i assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It used to be a flooding area but they built defences and it's now fine AFAIK.

Which property is it? If you are renting an apartment it's probably better to get feedback on the landlord and services as much as the wider area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

dcenrie wrote: »
    thank you for your response.

Poleberry can be considered as a safe residential place, i assume?

Yes, just meant living near students is not everybodies cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

It's the posh part of Ballytruckle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes poleberry is a fine and safe area.

Id much rather live in poleberry than the likes of the Glen etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

vriesmays wrote: »
    It's the posh part of Ballytruckle.

Thats Ferndale.

Advertisement