Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ye Olde Watch Giveaway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

yeah its a good looking watch and think it would look well on the Nato too.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Yes, looking at it now it is a lovely piece and I wondered for a minute why I'm giving it away, but I simply cannot take to it and I don't know quite why, so I'm happy to let someone appreciate it.

It's a really nice watch, my style ;)

OK, as promised earlier I'm putting up for grabs my Timex Expedition chrono with indiglo. Bought last year, worn twice, it's a big handsome watch but for some unfathomable reason I don't get on with it. I'll throw in a matching nato with it. I'm pretty sure I have the box and receipt too. As per new rules, like the post to be in the draw. Wibbs will hopefully monitor. I'll let it run til 9pm next Saturday.

Let the games begin!

It's a lovely watch and while I'd love something to wear for "out and about", I've just got a new watch and wouldn't feel right throwing my hat in for yet another new watch in such a short time- would be nice that it went to someone who really wanted it, as well as I'm only new to this forum- but fair dues to you- nice random act of kindness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Just to let people know, I've hunted high and low in vain for the box, so it's just the watch and the 2 straps.

Forgot about this on Sunday, so did the draw a few minutes ago by scientifically writing down the names on pieces of paper, scrunching them up, mixing them up in a bowl and dumping them on the watch on my kitchen table, nearest to the watch face wins.
    And the nearest was......

VW1, 'tis yours if you still want it. PM me when you get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

PM on its way, unbelievably grateful, thanks a million!

If you're in Dublin I'll meet you somewhere, otherwise I'll throw it in a padded envelope, on condition you throw €2 to a local charity. I really hope you enjoy it.

Well would you believe, he's 5 minutes up the road from me. Congrats, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well isn't that a coincidence hope he enjoys it as much as mine which I was lucky enought to win from Hitemfrank. Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

banie01 wrote: »
    I have a Zetime hybrid smart watch that is getting zero wrist time anymore.
    It has a curious mix of real hands, driven by micro electric motors and touchscreen with heart rate monitoring, step counter and other smart functions.

I have a couple of spare straps to go with it too.
    Metal bracelet, a carbon fibre embossed leather and if memory serves a rubber strap too.
    Will also throw in the 2 chargers, the portable one(built in battery) and a standard disc charger.

The case has seen better days and the coating is worn in some spots with desk dive wear.
    Battery life between charges is exceptional however, and it is a quirky, functional and interesting piece that attempts to bridge the benefits of a smart watch with the ease of functional hands.

Will leave the offer open until Sunday at 8pm, then run a draw in the same format as Frank's last week.

I'll add som pics of the watch Tmrw.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Attached below are some pics of the watch and 2 of the straps.
    It is a bit dinged on the coating, but perfectly serviceable and functioning.

I forgot to add info on the watch itself, specs and info here https://www.mykronoz.com/uk/en/smart-watches/zetime-elite.html?

I was a Kickstarter backer, but my original watch was replaced so it's not KS edition case.

What with such strange days upon us, and the fact that the above never gets any wrist time, I'm going to resurrect this thread and re-gift the above watch (Thanks Banie!).

So thank this post and we'll see how it goes. I'll accept until Tuesday night. Hopefully can still post next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Doubt it will qualify as essential so you will have to leave it up till after Easter Sunday. Seeing as we are in Lockdown now.
    Birneybau wrote: »
    What with such strange days upon us, and the fact that the above never gets any wrist time, I'm going to resurrect this thread and re-gift the above watch (Thanks Banie!).

So thank this post and we'll see how it goes. I'll accept until Tuesday night. Hopefully can still post next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

That's an interesting looking watch I'm in 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Zombie thread revival!

On a whim recently, I bought a watch that I really don't need.

I was going to flip it, but I decided that it might be a good way to revive this thread and give someone an ownership experience risk free.

The watch is a modern (2010s or so) Vostok Amphibian 'Scuba Dude'.

It has a Type 431 case and an OEM folded link bracelet with diving suit extension.
    zkpNqF.jpg
    ajyf0g.jpg
    zITDkj.jpg

This is a military grade watch, insofar as it is rough and ready but utterly dependable and all in a 200m case.

It is currently sized to fit a 16.5cm (6.5") wrist, but has a fair bit of range on the extension.

So, I will happily send this on its way to the someone who has never had a Vostok before but would like to try one.

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers
    LD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Nice to see this revived.

(just for clarity, I'm not interested in the watch - just posting some support)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Consider this post a "Thank" but count me out of the draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Consider this post a "Thank" but count me out of the draw!

I'll 2nd Birney on this, count me out too.
    That said, good luck to all who enter.
    Great to see this thread revived, and I have a couple of watches that shall be put up whenever the current giveaway ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That's a cool watch. I have a komandirskie but never got an Amphibian so count me in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Good of you LD to revive the thread. I'm going to pass though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi LD, I've never had a Vostok or even seen one in the flesh, would be delighted to put my name in the hat and experience the Soviet experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well done on donating the watch . Great to see this thread on the go again. Best of luck to the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Dont have any russian watches inmy collection. Would appreciate been put in the hat. Will make a small donation to charity of posters choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

Would love a watch like that, but it would be wasted on me, so count me out. This is a great idea for a thread

OK peoples, there are a few interested in the Scuba Dude, so I'll leave this open for a day or so and then throw the names in a hat.

Having had a Vostok and a Poljot for the best part of 20 years, I know someone will get a good experience with this.

Cheers for all the comments.

Nice to see this thread revived, and someone will get a fine watch from this draw. (don't put me in the draw, I have one already!)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Amik

Very generous! Please do count me in.

I've been itching to get a Vostok but the model I'm interested in isn't in stock for now. This classic would be the perfect alternative.

29a26ef71f893f7d36e657241bafd939.jpg

Thanks everyone for the interest.

There were a few requests to be put into the hat, and thanks to an old D&D dice, I was able to roll for a winner!

And the winner is....

Roycropper63!

PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Or if you are within Dublin county, I can deliver.

Cheers all,

LD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hand delivered too, great service Lorddrakul.
    Amik wrote: »
    Very generous! Please do count me in.

I've been itching to get a Vostok but the model I'm interested in isn't in stock for now. This classic would be the perfect alternative.

That one comes with with a removable polonium bezel, ready to drop into someones tea.

Budget the price of a new strap when you get one btw, they come with really low quality straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Many thanks LD. My first russian timepiece!
    Pm on its way....

Many thanks LD. My first russian timepiece!
    Pm on its way....

In the post this afternoon, registered.

Should be there for tomorrow.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks to LordDrakul for his generous contribution.
    It really does reinforce my notion that despite occasional crossed wires and sneakiness SNARKINESS (grammarly auto corrected me earlier:o)Sorry lads, I'd blame PMS only for I'm male!

That this really is the nicest corner of boards.
    Now with that in mind, and my having a surfeit of Invicta's due a batch buy to get a titanium one :pac:

I am will be offering up 2 of the beasties.
    1 now, the neon green and 1 in November, the yellow.
    Both are full set, sized for a 7.5" or so wrist and with spare links too.

1st on the block is the green.
    If memory serves these are NH35a movement and bloody big! 45mm or so at a guess.

I'll leave it run til the 15th and all likes on this comment will be entered into a random draw.
    Not everyone's cup of tea, but a nice and reliable beater auto to get someone started maybe!

Good luck to all interested.
    IMG-20201002-121246.jpg MVIMG-20201002-121330.jpg MVIMG-20201002-121337.jpg MVIMG-20201002-121347.jpg IMG-20201002-121407.jpg

Advertisement