Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

British shooting show 2020

• 16-02-2020 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Anyone on here tip over to it this year?What you think of it?
    I’m still here I was at it yesterday and will go in again today my view was it was brilliant the amount of trade stands and shooting areas was nothing short of unreal,I couldn’t get over the difference to the English attitude to guns and ammo to ours....lads walking around with new air rifles and shotguns and rifles to beat the band even seen a police man wanted to have a quick look and admire a new blaser shotgun a lad had just bought inside the show just as he was waiting for the bus outside!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Was over there yesterday.

Great show and great one stop shop to see most of what’s available on the market.

Loved the Browning, SGC and GMK stands.

Nice buzz about the place.

Easy to get to. Could be easily done in the day with cheap flights booked in advance.

Here’s a link to 2020 show review by TGS for anyone who might be interested. TGS have a great YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/4JCS_Hogd44

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭pm.

tikkamark wrote: »
    .lads walking around with new air rifles and shotguns and rifles to beat the band even seen a police man wanted to have a quick look and admire a new blaser shotgun a lad had just bought inside the show just as he was waiting for the bus outside!!

I'd love to go myself. Can they just sell guns straight away? Or am I reading this wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭.243

pm. wrote: »
    I'd love to go myself. Can they just sell guns straight away? Or am I reading this wrong?
    Substitutions,or add ons to your firearms certificate if you have a slot can be done there as dealers have access to the firearms database

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭pm.

.243 wrote: »
    Substitutions,or add ons to your firearms certificate if you have a slot can be done there as dealers have access to the firearms database

Our crowd could learn a thing or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

tudderone wrote: »

We went on a one day trip.
    6:30am flight out
    7pm fligjt home.
    Couldn't be easier, all at the airport, no buses or taxi etc.
    I agree with above comments, fantastic show, almost every brand available.
    People there were very friendly, very chatty and knowledgeable.
    Some good prices too, we took of plenty of stuff home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jack133

We must have been on the same flights trackerman! Excellant show , 2nd year at it ...flights and ticket for the show for less than €50..its odd seeing so many people just walking around with newly purchased guns.... i seen a man fitting a scope to a new rifle in weatherspoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Jack133 wrote: »
    We must have been on the same flights trackerman! Excellant show , 2nd year at it ...flights and ticket for the show for less than €50..its odd seeing so many people just walking around with newly purchased guns.... i seen a man fitting a scope to a new rifle in weatherspoons!

The great thing about the way the British licence is you get cleared to buy a gun, and when you go to a dealers and see one you like, you can buy it and take it on the spot. No too-ing and fro-ing like there is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Was there on the Friday. Over and back in the same day. Great venue - right beside the airport.
    Good selection of with all the main rifle / shotgun brands represented. They were happy to let you handle any firearm but it could be hard to get to talk to the rep as some stands were busy. But even at that it was great to be just able to see so many models in the flesh.
    There were ranges set up where you could try various air rifles & air pistols and even .22rf. Although I did hear one guy being called a snowflake by the guys running the .22rf range when he enquired about eye / ear protection - they didn't have any. Surprised at that in these litigious times...

Advertisement