Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin to Antrim late at night

• 16-02-2020 5:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 10

Hi folks,

Bit of advice needed.

I arrive back into Dublin Airport at 9:30pm on Mon evening and want to get home to my bed that night as I have work early on Tue morning.

Basically after a bit of my own research I could see that Airlink buses would drop me in Belfast at 11:50pm, but it only goes to Belfast and not Antrim town.

So basically wondering if there is any alternative route to Antrim that I am not aware of after 9:30pm. Would any taxi driver be willing to take me?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

snrdnal wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Bit of advice needed.

I arrive back into Dublin Airport at 9:30pm on Mon evening and want to get home to my bed that night as I have work early on Tue morning.

Basically after a bit of my own research I could see that Airlink buses would drop me in Belfast at 11:50pm, but it only goes to Belfast and not Antrim town.

So basically wondering if there is any alternative route to Antrim that I am not aware of after 9:30pm. Would any taxi driver be willing to take me?

Thanks for your help.

Get a coach to belfast then use the 300a bus to templepatrick or the international airport and taxi from there to antrim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

From Dublin Airport Aircoach leave at 22.00, 23.00, 00.00
    Ulsterbus/Bus Eireann X1 leave at 21.35, 22.35, 23.35, 00.35
    Get a coach to belfast then use the 300a bus to templepatrick or the international airport and taxi from there to antrim

The last 300 of the night is at 23.30 from Belfast. The 21.35 Ulsterbus X1 may just make it in time, otherwise the next 300 is at 02.30

Another option is the Belfast - Derry 212 bus at 00.00 and 01.00 from Belfast, this drops off at Toomebridge Park and Ride to the west of Antrim, would need to arrange a taxi pick-up either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Would be worth phoning a taxi company for a price direct from Belfast. Shouldn't be massively expensive and would save a lot of bother...

• Site Banned Posts: 10 snrdnal

How much would a taxi from Dublin Airport to Antrim town be? Would any drivers take me?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

How much would a taxi from Dublin Airport to Antrim town be? Would any drivers take me?

It’s 60 quid for me to get a taxi from the airport to where I live in south Dublin, I cannot imagine how many hundreds of Euros they’d charge you. But why not google some taxi or car service companies and call them for a quote in the morning?
    Might be better off getting the Belfast bus and taxi the rest?

• Advertisement

But why not google some taxi or car service companies and call them for a quote in the morning?

Where is the fun in that for him? This is how he gets his kicks every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Oh of course 😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Taxi fare calculator for Dublin Airport to Antrim town is between €336.00 - €419.60
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/fares/taxi-fare-estimator/

Taxi fare calculator for Dublin Airport to Antrim town is between €336.00 - €419.60

What are the chances of a driver at the airport agreeing to take me to Antrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Find one driving a new Opel Insignia, be grand.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Where is the fun in that for him? This is how he gets his kicks every night.

I did check the Aircoach timetables, what I want to know is whether or not a taxi driver would do that journey.

Would taxi drivers at Dublin Airport agree to bring me to Antrim?

Yes, but only as long as you agree to go via Slieve Gullion.

Been a while.

What I’d do is get a train from Dublin airport to the secret experimental teleportation facility in temple bar. Then zap - straight into your bed.
    And if it fries you, you won’t have to worry about work on Tuesday. Bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yes, but only as long as you agree to go via Slieve Gullion.

Would the park warden be around at that time ?

Big Ears wrote: »
    Would the park warden be around at that time ?

That's a risk the OP is going to have to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

How many taxis do you need? Surely one would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One to collect the Park Warden from Newry while the OP eats the interior of the other one in the park.

Not your ornery onager

Yes one.

Would any taxi driver at the airport agree to drive that distance?

Yes one.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yes one.

They would, but you should probably ring the warden on the way to save yourself a bit of money !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement