Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off the ball abu dabai open trip!

• 16-02-2020 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I was just wondering did any body go on this trip was it worth it? Didn’t see anything on the pod about it!€1750 seemed a bit steep to me !let us know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nedser101 wrote: »
    I was just wondering did any body go on this trip was it worth it? Didn’t see anything on the pod about it!€1750 seemed a bit steep to me !let us know!

Was it not cancelled?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

Was it not cancelled?

Was it? Sorry I didn’t know!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Nedser101 wrote: »
    Was it? Sorry I didn’t know!

It just suddenly disappeared from discussion. I was asking about this on the Off the Ball forum. Surely some had paid and got refunded....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

poteen wrote: »
    It just suddenly disappeared from discussion. I was asking about this on the Off the Ball forum. Surely some had paid and got refunded....

yeah seems like it dropped off the face of the earth. be interesting to know what the story was. i wonder what kind of numbers they needed to make it viable. i would have thought there was at least some kind of market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

tropics001 wrote: »
    yeah seems like it dropped off the face of the earth. be interesting to know what the story was. i wonder what kind of numbers they needed to make it viable. i would have thought there was at least some kind of market for it.

I think it was very pricey. Would have been better maybe building to that in year 2 or three but could have done a weekend in some resort or town in ireland like Fota or Killarney etc. I would personally go to that as I have never got a place on the competition only competitions they have ran to date. This would have been far more accessible to most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

seems like a junket for the boys that they wanted people to sign up and fund. was way over priced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

slingerz wrote: »
    seems like a junket for the boys that they wanted people to sign up and fund. was way over priced

Agreed, absolutely mental money - no idea who they thought they were targetting and the "celebs" were laughable....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

They jumped the gun it’s 2 years too early the boom isn’t back quite that much yet.

I find that whole concept cringey. Few hundred Irish lads spending thousands on golf in the gulf for a few days. Going to attract either total bandits taking it way too seriously or a load of losers who feel they escaped their wives planning to hang off Kieran Donaghy for a few days.

Advertisement