Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Society South Dublin starting next month

Options
  • 14-02-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I run a small society based in South Dublin/Wicklow and are always looking for new people to join in.

We're into our fourth year now and play on a Sunday once a month and have nine outings booked for this coming season, with the first starting in Grange Castle on the 15th March.

It's a casual society so no GUI or experience needed to enjoy a round. A lot of us only get out once a month and a few would play a bit more regularly so we have a decent mix of golfers involved.

Membership for the year is €30 with each course having it's own green fee. Prize for the winner of each outing as well as spot prizes for closest to the pin and longest drive. The more members we have the better the prize pool will be.

The courses we have booked from March-November are as follows:
    Grange Castle, Rathsallagh, Tulfarris, Luttrellstown, Kilcock, City West, Woodenbridge, Charlesland, Stackstown.

Guests are welcome at each course too but cannot play for the prizes each outing.

If you have any interest in playing a few rounds with us, drop me a private message and I'll send you on the full info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

L.S.F wrote: »
    I run a small society based in South Dublin/Wicklow and are always looking for new people to join in.

We're into our fourth year now and play on a Sunday once a month and have nine outings booked for this coming season, with the first starting in Grange Castle on the 15th March.

It's a casual society so no GUI or experience needed to enjoy a round. A lot of us only get out once a month and a few would play a bit more regularly so we have a decent mix of golfers involved.

Membership for the year is €30 with each course having it's own green fee. Prize for the winner of each outing as well as spot prizes for closest to the pin and longest drive. The more members we have the better the prize pool will be.

The courses we have booked from March-November are as follows:
    Grange Castle, Rathsallagh, Tulfarris, Luttrellstown, Kilcock, City West, Woodenbridge, Charlesland, Stackstown.

Guests are welcome at each course too but cannot play for the prizes each outing.

If you have any interest in playing a few rounds with us, drop me a private message and I'll send you on the full info

Good range of courses and best of luck but if you are on this forum you will realise that we ourselves have a strong society going but I do think it will suit the (looking for cheap golf,time poor brigade)..and this might be your best target market

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Good range of courses and best of luck but if you are on this forum you will realise that we ourselves have a strong society going but I do think it will suit the (looking for cheap golf,time poor brigade)..and this might be your best target market

Cheers Golfhead. I am aware of the boards society but as I was saying to the mods, it's hard enough for me to get out for a round of golf let alone be traveling around the country to play (as much as I would like to do so!).

Our furthest course is Woodenbridge which is one hour away, and as you said we're catering to golfers who mightn't have more than the few hours to get out, play and then home.

Advertisement