Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Explosions in the Sky

• 22-01-2020 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

13th Febuary Vicar Street

Astonishing and moving band so good live.

Real treat seeing them.

Looking forward to it!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Might not get to see this. Would like to. Saw them in a tiny venue in Limerick around 2002 or 2003. Saw them at the main stage at EP in 2012. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Exciiiiiiiiited

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Anyone want to swap two standing for two seating? As in I have two standing I'd like to swap.

Because I'm old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Anyone want to swap two standing for two seating? As in I have two standing I'd like to swap.

Because I'm old.

If you don't find anyone, there's free seating around the standing area, just get there early to get a good one (side on, I'd recommend, you can't see over people from the back)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

If you don't find anyone, there's free seating around the standing area, just get there early to get a good one (side on, I'd recommend, you can't see over people from the back)

Nice one, I always forget about that seating.

Haven't seen any stage times yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Support act AA Williams 8pm
    Explosions 9pm
    Via twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Quartzy99

A great gig, they didn't disappoint!
    Loved the lighting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Best of the 4 I've seen them at, such great energy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Absolutely amazing.. enjoyed every minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

They are an an amazing live band.

Real experience seeing them.

Think alot of the crowd didn't know them several songs people were clapping halfway through it you know when it slows down.
    Happened few times.
    They aren't that kind of band for the instagram/selfie generation.
    It's an experience to be enjoyed!.

They sounded amazing and great lights. Floor moving with the bass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

They aren't that kind of band for the instagram/selfie generation.
    !

Plenty of Instagram posts about them today ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Plenty of Instagram posts about them today ha

Well thankfully I was at the front soaking it in and didn't see loads with cameras.

It's one of those gigs that's an experience no need for the mindless selfies!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

It's one of those gigs that's an experience no need for the mindless selfies!.

Theres a few selfies up alright. Anyway looks like they managed it without bothering you. So everyone had a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

I was at the gig in tripod 10 odd years ago and there was loads of chatter and clapping at wrong times so that's definitely not a new thing.

Advertisement