Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry McMahon and John Connors are the two most underrated talents in Ireland

• 12-02-2020 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bees Tea

I’d love to see these 2 team up on a big project. Charlie Casanova was the best Irish film of all time IMO and Connors was Oscar level in Cardboard Gangsters, really had to reach out of his comfort zone to play that part. Why aren’t they getting more projects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,746 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bees Tea wrote: »
    I’d love to see these 2 team up on a big project. Charlie Casanova was the best Irish film of all time IMO and Connors was Oscar level in Cardboard Gangsters, really had to reach out of his comfort zone to play that part. Why aren’t they getting more projects?
    Oscar level?
    I think you need to watch more films.

Charlie Casanova the best film of all time?
    Just no a bloody awful mess of a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Connors is unwatchable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭ Madison Fit Graphics

hahaha
    gmisk wrote: »
    Oscar level?
    I think you need to watch more films.

Charlie Casanova the best film of all time?
    Just no a bloody awful mess of a film.

It only took 9 minutes to get a bite - well played:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This has to be a p#ss take...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

Donald Clarke agrees.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Charlie Casanova?

giphy.gif

Hello to you too Mr. McMahon, good to see you're up and about ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not quite sure about the level of sincerity in the first post, but...

I have no love whatsoever for Terry McMahon, think Charlie Casanova is woeful ****e and the less said about his various media / social media proclamations, controversies and 'takes' the better. But I do have to say few filmmakers have ever surprised me as much as he did with Patrick's Day - a genuinely sweet and well-made film with some really great performances. As he disappears further down his rabbit hole of nonsense public provocations (apparently driven off Twitter by his latest mini-scandal, in which his bizarre comments about his own daughter were apparently everyone's fault but his own), it's endlessly surprising that the same man made such an empathetic and thoughtful film.

John Connors playing a role of a fat travellerthat happens to be one.... Even playing a role of himself and his culture he couldn't act to save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Curious as to who would win in a fight, John Connors or Edward Furlong?

Curious as to who would win in a fight, John Connors or Edward Furlong?

John wouldn't get off the couch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

John wouldn't get off the couch

Fair point, if Eddie could make it through the hail of empty cans, he would be victorious.

Fair point, if Eddie could make it through the hail of empty cans, he would be victorious.

Does he recycle?

Yeah you have a point...

Could he use these to his advantage and slice and dice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Don't forget another Irish purveyor of astonishing cinema originality, Graham Cantwell.

Advertisement