Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Many from the ROI apply? I’m not gonna wait for AGS to launch a recruitment further on this year. I’ve applied to PSNI yesterday, still no confirmation, is this normal?

How can anyone live on AGS training pay? By design their payscales are aimed at young people who are still at home and do not have mortgages, families etc

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Same as myself cian this recruitment for psni seems much more appealing if I'm honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Pecks123 wrote: »
    I've applied first day and no conformation as of yet.

I applied the first day and got confirmation on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Many from the ROI apply? I’m not gonna wait for AGS to launch a recruitment further on this year. I’ve applied to PSNI yesterday, still no confirmation, is this normal?

From Past campaigns you will get an application acknowledgement email in due time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭NaDeise92

Applying from ROI - applied twice over the past 4 or 5 years failing the IST by one mark the last time.
    I've gone for AGS 3 or 4 times aswell - again not passing numerical reasoning by only a few marks each time although I am getting closer to passing.

I genuinely think I just panic in exam situations - always do fine in the pre tests and online tests but once I get into a hall I freeze.

Found the PSNI testing a lot more challenging than AGS but PSNI is a way more attractive position imo.

Has anyone any tips or advice for when I go to do the PSNI IST again?

I think this will be my last time applying, there is only so many times you can take reading that you haven't been successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Applying from ROI - applied twice over the past 4 or 5 years failing the IST by one mark the last time.
    I've gone for AGS 3 or 4 times aswell - again not passing numerical reasoning by only a few marks each time although I am getting closer to passing.

I genuinely think I just panic in exam situations - always do fine in the pre tests and online tests but once I get into a hall I freeze.

Found the PSNI testing a lot more challenging than AGS but PSNI is a way more attractive position imo.

Has anyone any tips or advice for when I go to do the PSNI IST again?

I think this will be my last time applying, there is only so many times you can take reading that you haven't been successful.
    Get onto careerservices.ie they have great prep courses I wouldn't have passed the stages without them very helpful I know how ya feel I failed previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

hi, first time poster. i have completed and passed all stages for police in england and declined the offer to move back home and apply here. does anyone know if it is a very different AC and IST than the mainland?

hi, first time poster. i have completed and passed all stages for police in england and declined the offer to move back home and apply here. does anyone know if it is a very different AC and IST than the mainland?

Yip very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Got my confirmation e-mail.. just waiting now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Dolotte definitely like to leave things to the last minute no email yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

penutzimes wrote: »
    Dolotte definitely like to leave things to the last minute no email yet

Mine just arrived, I'm sure yours won't be long!

FN2593 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived, I'm sure yours won't be long!

Yea I got mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Am I right in saying deloitte are accepting photographs of education evidence?

I had it in my head they would be stricter and require pdfs only.
    If so, I'm delighted, saves alot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying deloitte are accepting photographs of education evidence?

I had it in my head they would be stricter and require pdfs only.
    If so, I'm delighted, saves alot of hassle.

Spot on, that's my understanding anyway. As long as they are clear and include everything you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

that me done and uploaded, now for the IST.

All very quiet on here, anybody done the IST yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

penutzimes wrote: »
    All very quiet on here, anybody done the IST yet?

Did mine on Tuesday, think it went well but fingers crossed!

I found it easy in some aspects but harder in others very hard to know how it went will just have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Done mine Wednesday night, again easy in some but harder in others as in the situational judgement there could be two correct answers! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Just a quick question. I went today for an eye test at spec savers. I have a lazy left eye. It’s 100% cosmetically (no squint etc)

My left eye corrected was 6/22 uncorrected was 6/60
    My right eye was 100% 20/20 uncorrected

Reading the requirements I believe I don’t meet the criteria - can anyone shed any light??

Glasses won’t help/fix my lazy eye and laser eye surgery is not an option for it either as it’s an issue with the Brian sending signals to the eye.

I have my name forward for both police and prison service. I’m feeling absolutely gutted that this will hold me back

• Advertisement

Belfast86 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I went today for an eye test at spec savers. I have a lazy left eye. It’s 100% cosmetically (no squint etc)

My left eye corrected was 6/22 uncorrected was 6/60
    My right eye was 100% 20/20 uncorrected

Reading the requirements I believe I don’t meet the criteria - can anyone shed any light??

Glasses won’t help/fix my lazy eye and laser eye surgery is not an option for it either as it’s an issue with the Brian sending signals to the eye.

I have my name forward for both police and prison service. I’m feeling absolutely gutted that this will hold me back

I sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Just finished the IST there. As Sharon1986 mentioned, there very well could be 2 potential answers to some of those questions. I'm nervous to get results now. Don't want to fall at the first hurdle.

I fell at the IST stage on 3 occasions, took me 5 times to get in.

If you want it enough you will get it, just a matter of when. If the IST hasn't went well don't be disheartened so much so that you don't come back

I was fortunate that I only failed the IST once, failed by 5 marks in 1710 then got the pass mark in 1810 and now I'm just waiting on smt and vetting. I have heard of ones that their number of tries were in the double digits, not giving up when you are knocked down is a good trait to have for the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Hey guys.
    Hope all is well.
    Juts a quick one. I’m so far behind with this recruitment. I only just forwarded my educational results now . Am I right I’m just attaching the photo until the photo is fully uploaded then just exiting off. There’s no button to click to submit so kinda on edge. I’m hoping to sit the Online assessments this after noon. It’s my 2nd time, Any advice.

Hey guys.
    Hope all is well.
    Juts a quick one. I’m so far behind with this recruitment. I only just forwarded my educational results now . Am I right I’m just attaching the photo until the photo is fully uploaded then just exiting off. There’s no button to click to submit so kinda on edge. I’m hoping to sit the Online assessments this after noon. It’s my 2nd time, Any advice.

Yeap I think that's it all uploaded that what I did anyway

Hey guys.
    Hope all is well.

Yes just make sure the photo is uploaded and then exit out, that's what I did.
    "Once you successfully upload your file(s) and are happy that you have included all relevant documents, you may close your browser and your file(s) will be securely stored against your record."

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

That’s me done wit IST and Evidence uploader.

This is my 6th attempt at this! The last IST I missed by one mark.

With the help from the guys at ‘notomato’ I’m hoping for some good news for once!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Treddy

Hello everyone, new guy here, first time applying for the PSNI. Done my IST and everything else, now just waiting on my results. I'll be honest, I found the test more challenging than I would have liked. The Verbal reasoning was dead easy in my opinion, but the SJT was quite tough. A fair amount of the questions were not as straight forward as the practice questions would have you expect, and as previously mentioned there were sometimes two answers which seemed like the best or worst option. I've done my best, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

Help!!

Anybody able to help, received my IST on the 10th and have gone back earlier this evening and to now I have been unable to find the email, have gone through everything junk, other, focused and rubbish to no avail.

Advertisement