Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul 2022

• 11-02-2020 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Just seen on there instagram story that the line-up is out this evening. Think it'll be similar to what they did last year and announce them very slowly one by one on there socials
    Post edited by Mr.S on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hopefully they have a decent lineup this year, they have been very active on social media but have felt their lineups gradually get worse each year for the past few years. Great festival all the same but rarely does the lineup give me an urge to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭dav09

Last year was still very enjoyable, hard lineup to predict each year. Loved more of the hip hop approach last year and found many new very enjoyable alternate acts at it (as usual)! Really hoping it's a good announcement, I feel there might be 1 big headliner this year and probably some changes coming with less focus on EP now, although hopefully not too many changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Always enjoy the B&S announcement...

"Is this really a headliner" type act
    Odd act you never heard of.
    Irish Hip Hop act.
    Left of centre dance act.
    Americana act you never heard of.
    One massive pleasant surprise act.
    Well known among trad fans act
    Weird theatrical act you never heard of.
    Another left of centre dance act
    Afro beat act you never heard of.
    Mother DJs
    Irish Hip Hop act you never heard of.
    Quirky weird out singer songwriter
    African Reggae act you never heard of
    Irish DJ
    Irish DJ
    Irish DJ
    Irish DJ

...and then its always one of the best weekends of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DanielSwords

Always look forward to the announcement, followed by my bemusement at much of the lineup followed by discovering some fantastic acts I'd have never discovered otherwise.

Suspect RÜFÜS DU SOL are returning this year. My girlfriend tweeted a while ago saying she hoped they'd appear on the lineup. They liked the tweet at a time where they hadn't liked any other tweets in a good while prior.

Personal wish list would include Slaves and Fontaines DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Have been the last two years and really enjoyed it...not going this year :(.

If the age profile was slightly younger I would consider going again. Felt a bit ould fellaish last year.....probably just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DanielSwords

lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Well I'm sold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looks like some of the lineup from a few years ago.

502569.jpeg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Decent headliners, bit heavy on Irish hip hop which I'm not big on and light on electronic music which I am big on. I'm sure there will be more added but like I said earlier.. Doesn't make me want to take out the bank card and spend €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Decent headliners, bit heavy on Irish hip hop which I'm not big on and light on electronic music which I am big on. I'm sure there will be more added but like I said earlier.. Doesn't make me want to take out the bank card and spend €200.

What I really like

Marc Rebillet (best act)
    Metronomy
    Sampa The Great
    Khruangbin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wasn't expecting to know many acts there but very impressed with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Mango x mathman
    Thumper
    Marc Ribillet
    Metronomy
    Thumper

And of course

KING KONG COMPANY

Watching the stream here (just before it cut!) and they said that they are turning the festival on it's head this year and it will be completely different than in previous years.

Edit: soda blonde there too, dont think they are listed on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not much there I'm bothered about, bar a few decent irish acts. Will give it a miss I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

+soda blonde (instagram vid)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

If last few years are anything to go by, big acts will "cancel' and line up will be less impressive. Never saw a festival like it for cancellations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Absolutely delighted with this announcement. So many acts I want to see. Honestly much better than I expected.

Got the early bird already as I don't go to B&S for the line-up, but this has me really excited.

Kojaque was the performance of ATN last year.

Nialler9 posted an article here, had a couple more acts that weren't originally included like Aoife Nessa Frances, Daithí, Kitt Philippa Kynsy, Nealo, Powpig. Also says in the article that "It’s the festival’s eleventh year, which they are billing as “going back to where it all began” and promising to be “smaller, smarter, cosier, shinier, glitzier”. Would be a bit skeptical about that last bit.

What was it like last year compared to previous years for anyone who went? The Absolut stage was gone which is usually somewhere I spend a bit of time. Any other changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Nialler9 posted an article here, had a couple more acts that weren't originally included like Aoife Nessa Frances, Daithí, Kitt Philippa Kynsy, Nealo, Powpig. Also says in the article that "It’s the festival’s eleventh year, which they are billing as “going back to where it all began” and promising to be “smaller, smarter, cosier, shinier, glitzier”. Would be a bit skeptical about that last bit.

What was it like last year compared to previous years for anyone who went? The Absolut stage was gone which is usually somewhere I spend a bit of time. Any other changes?

Reckless In Love was brought back into the arena
    Worked better in the arena for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Peterd66 wrote: »
    If last few years are anything to go by, big acts will "cancel' and line up will be less impressive. Never saw a festival like it for cancellations!

Examples please?

Looks very meh to me, it was empty last year. ATN defo stole the customer base.

• Advertisement

Reckless in love inside. Absolute gone. Dancewise it was fairly soft I have to say. Good but nothing to write home about.

Place was empty. Good because you had space to walk around in and space and space and more space to camp. I would love to know if they took a massive loss.

ATN absolutely battered it regards dance music.

JG009 wrote: »
    Reckless in love inside. Absolute gone. Dancewise it was fairly soft I have to say. Good but nothing to write home about.

Place was empty. Good because you had space to walk around in and space and space and more space to camp. I would love to know if they took a massive loss.

ATN absolutely battered it regards dance music.

Where was Reckless in Love moved to if ye don't mind me asking? I saw Mother DJs tweet they will be taking over the Woodlands stage on the Saturday this year, wonder if thats a hint that Reckless in Love will be gone?

What was the Hennessy bar like that replaced Absolut? Was it a similar type of idea? Heard it was packed to the brim one night and they stopped letting people in, maybe the night it rained.

ATN definitely gets better dance acts than B&S no doubt about it, but something about B&S is more fun or something, very light on electronic acts in the announcement tonight mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well you'd imagine they would need to get a good crowd this year seen as they are by themselves having gone from EP.

endainoz wrote: »
    Well you'd imagine they would need to get a good crowd this year seen as they are by themselves having gone from EP.

curious if they left themselves or weren't wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Where was Reckless in Love moved to if ye don't mind me asking? I saw Mother DJs tweet they will be taking over the Woodlands stage on the Saturday this year, wonder if thats a hint that Reckless in Love will be gone?

What was the Hennessy bar like that replaced Absolut? Was it a similar type of idea? Heard it was packed to the brim one night and they stopped letting people in, maybe the night it rained.

ATN definitely gets better dance acts than B&S no doubt about it, but something about B&S is more fun or something, very light on electronic acts in the announcement tonight mind.

Reckless in Love was basically in the same spot as where Absolut used to be, except a bit further down the clearing and kind of on the other side of it, if that makes sense.

If they’re moving back into the woodlands, that would be great because I loved the years they were in there.

Hmm it was near where absolute used to be if I remember correctly. That sort of area.

I dont know about the Hennessy bar, couldnt even tell you if I was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

JG009 wrote: »
    curious if they left themselves or weren't wanted?

The announcements at the time were very much that they didn’t see themselves fitting into that festival anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

JG009 wrote:
    Examples please?

JG009 wrote:
    Examples please?

Santigold, princess Nokia , songbhoy blues, off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Santigold, princess Nokia , songbhoy blues, off the top of my head.

Both Santigold and Princess Nokia cancelled because of a family bereavements. You can't really complain about that.

I'm happy with the line up so far, it's better than I expected and I'm glad that we got the early bird tickets this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Interesting lineup. Marc Ribillet really caught my eye. Metronomy always good live. A fair few in there that I don't know as usual. Will probably go for Marc Ribillet alone. Sure its always a good weekend*.

Apart from the year it rained badly.

Advertisement