Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite moments and characters from GTA IV

• 08-02-2020 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

So I recently picked up a PS3 Superslim and have just finished the storyline of GTA IV, I picked the Revenge ending as the Deal ending is just plain sad.

What should I do now after completing the storyline apart from other side missions and what are all your favourite moments and characters in the game.

Also,what's all the fuss about Roman asking Niko to go bowling. Roman hasn't called me once for bowling,he just calls for playing pool all the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thinking back, I can't recall a single good memory of Roman, and imo the reason I don't really have fond memories of that game...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Packie McReary and Johnny Klebitz are my favourites in the game. I like hanging out with Packie the most.

BTW OP, you should get The Lost And Damned expansion. It is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

What should I do now after completing the storyline apart from other side missions and what are all your favourite moments and characters in the game.

Why it has to be Three Leaf Clover of course.

In terms of what to do next, one thing I used to do to challenge myself (even while using regenerate health cheat) is to use a baseball bat to knock the gun out of a policeman's hand, keep doing this until none of the policemen have guns to shoot you and no more are spawned. Then stand on a car or anywhere out of reach and watch them scramble around like headless chickens!

Another sadistic thing I used to do was to park a car in the doorway of the strip club (this both prevents the occupants from leaving and also the police from entering) then try and punch the life out of everyone inside...

(I turned out ok in real life)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Thinking back, I can't recall a single good memory of Roman, and imo the reason I don't really have fond memories of that game...

Your probably the only one

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Packie McReary and Johnny Klebitz are my favourites in the game. I like hanging out with Packie the most.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    BTW OP, you should get The Lost And Damned expansion. It is excellent.

My favourites are Roman and Packie.

I bought the complete edition of GTA IV so I have the dlc,will be playing through that soon.

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote:
    Why it has to be Three Leaf Clover of course.

bfa1509 wrote:
    In terms of what to do next, one thing I used to do to challenge myself (even while using regenerate health cheat) is to use a baseball bat to knock the gun out of a policeman's hand, keep doing this until none of the policemen have guns to shoot you and no more are spawned. Then stand on a car or anywhere out of reach and watch them scramble around like headless chickens!

bfa1509 wrote:
    Another sadistic thing I used to do was to park a car in the doorway of the strip club (this both prevents the occupants from leaving and also the police from entering) then try and punch the life out of everyone inside...

bfa1509 wrote:
    (I turned out ok in real life)

Three Leaf Clover is an amazing mission, you get to utilise the combat system fully in that mission.

Thanks for the ideas,I'll give em a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Brucie never gets a mention in threads like these. Great character I thought. Must have come from the voice actor himself I'd say.

Smiles35 wrote:
    Brucie never gets a mention in threads like these. Great character I thought. Must have come from the voice actor himself I'd say.

Definitely, He adds humor into the dark game that GTA IV is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yeah, Brucie by far is my favourite charater! What a lovable douche! :p

IV was my favourite GTA. Fave moment was in the Gay Tony expansion the mission to frighten the reporter with a helicopter ride. At the end he ****s himself! :p

I played it for ages after the story ended just driving around doing stunts, races and chases. The driving mechanics were sublime. I couldnt love 5 because of the dumbed down mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

My favourites are Roman and Packie.

I bought the complete edition of GTA IV so I have the dlc,will be playing through that soon.

You're in for a treat with The Ballad of Gay Tony. It's a brilliant expansion. The Lost and Damned was great but Gay Tony beats it for me for the fun factor. I actually think the expansions for GTA IV were better than the main game. I might actually pick it up again

• Advertisement

The driving mechanics were sublime. I couldnt love 5 because of the dumbed down mechanics.
    Did you ever go out on the motorbikes? It's scary riding them around Liberty City.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You're in for a treat with The Ballad of Gay Tony. It's a brilliant expansion. The Lost and Damned was great but Gay Tony beats it for me for the fun factor. I actually think the expansions for GTA IV were better than the main game. I might actually pick it up again

Gay Tony was definitely great for the fun factor and variety, but The Lost And Damned was my favourite part of GTAIV. I loved the story, the characters, riding out with the gang keeping formation. I thought it was just damn near perfect throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Penn wrote: »
    Gay Tony was definitely great for the fun factor and variety, but The Lost And Damned was my favourite part of GTAIV. I loved the story, the characters, riding out with the gang keeping formation. I thought it was just damn near perfect throughout.

It's years since I played them but I have fonder memories of Gay Tony. I really enjoyed Lost and Damned as well but the missions in Gay Tony were so much more fun for me and, as you say, the variety in them made this my favourite GTA IV game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did you ever go out on the motorbikes? It's scary riding them around Liberty City.

The bikes were shocking altogether!! :p From memory I think they improved the mechanics for Lost and the Damned but I remember struggling big time with the first bike missions.

The bikes were shocking altogether!! :p From memory I think they improved the mechanics for Lost and the Damned but I remember struggling big time with the first bike missions.
    I still play the game and most of the time I use a bike to get around. I took Katie out on one, she went flying of it and wouldn't talk to me for days over it.

Same thing happened with a girl I met on a dating site. She went flying off and never spoke to me again.

Yeah, Brucie by far is my favourite charater! What a lovable douche!

IV was my favourite GTA. Fave moment was in the Gay Tony expansion the mission to frighten the reporter with a helicopter ride. At the end he ****s himself!

I played it for ages after the story ended just driving around doing stunts, races and chases. The driving mechanics were sublime. I couldnt love 5 because of the dumbed down mechanics.

I know what happens in the dlc but haven't started it yet, I just need to finish the optional Stevie missions and then I'll start the dlc.

5 wasn't worth the five year wait,the story wasn't great.

Yeah, TLAD is a bit of a serious expansion.

Jordan 199 wrote:

If you get the hang of it,then it's not scary. I hated that one mission for Dwayne where you have to chase Jayvon on a bike,I kept losing him,had to redo that a few times.

Penn wrote:

My favourite of the three is GTA IV itself as Niko seems to develop along the storyline unlike previous characters or the trio in GTA 5.

It's years since I played them but I have fonder memories of Gay Tony. I really enjoyed Lost and Damned as well but the missions in Gay Tony were so much more fun for me and, as you say, the variety in them made this my favourite GTA IV game.

They really should have remastered this for PS4,main reason I got a PS3 recently is because of GTA IV.

• Advertisement

The bikes were shocking altogether!! From memory I think they improved the mechanics for Lost and the Damned but I remember struggling big time with the first bike missions.

Bike missions in any GTA are a pain in the neck.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    I still play the game and most of the time I use a bike to get around. I took Katie out on one, she went flying of it and wouldn't talk to me for days over it.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Same thing happened with a girl I met on a dating site. She went flying off and never spoke to me again.

I ignored Brucie for a while and then he wouldn't go out to eat, eventually got him to come along for a show in Algonquin.

Advertisement