Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Shells doesn’t really do it for me either. It’s a bit grubby. And as for the fish (which i thought was Panga,no?), selling that should be a crime considering what’s available instead.

It's the same thing just a different name for it. The cheapest fish going, not to mention how it is farmed. It's disgusting and then shipped half way across the world and labelled sustainable

A seafront restaurant and they won’t use locally sourced fish! The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

What’s the story with the draft house, is that still empty or re-opening? Haven’t been out in Strandhill in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What’s the story with the draft house, is that still empty or re-opening? Haven’t been out in Strandhill in ages.
    Closed last year unfortunately.

Drumanilra Farm Kitchen opening there around Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Reopening Thursday February 20th at 10am
    We are excited, and a little nervous, to share that Sweet Beat Café will reopen tomorrow morning, Thursday February 20th, from 10am.

good to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Reopening Thursday February 20th at 10am
    We are excited, and a little nervous, to share that Sweet Beat Café will reopen tomorrow morning, Thursday February 20th, from 10am.

good to see
    hopefully with the same staff and that they didn’t leave any local suppliers high and dry when they shut up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Well revenue were the reason it closed they seized items hence the closure.
    I do hope no suppliers got left short.but it's a sure sign that the cafe/coffee bussiness is very much a false dawn in sligo town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

sligono1 wrote: »
    it's a sure sign that the cafe/coffee bussiness is very much a false dawn in sligo town

They have their own niche in the market, I think the problem is they overestimated the size of it when they opened the second outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Restaurant opening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Restaurant opening.....

Any idea where that is ?

• Advertisement

the restaurant across from the train station.

Is that car wash on Burton Street closed,where the Toyota garage used to be? I called there at 9 to get my car washed before my NCT this morning and the gates were locked despite stating that they opened at 8.30!

Is that car wash on Burton Street closed,where the Toyota garage used to be? I called there at 9 to get my car washed before my NCT this morning and the gates were locked despite stating that they opened at 8.30!
    They've weird opening hours to be honest..

.. seen a queue of cars going in there a week or two back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

I see work going on in McHughs. Also Walkers (old McGarrigles) due to open next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Anyone know who bought the old Awear unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

Chipper on Mail Coach Road about to reopen as 'Sligo Fish and Chips'

Not sure if its a rename or new owners!

Walkers 1791 has a lot of work to be done to open this weekend but there was plenty of activity today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

https://instagram.com/burgerkingsligo?igshid=1c44xnvfalior

A post 5 days ago saying they’re opening end of the month - anyone know anything about it?

^ "Hope of the whopper!"

.. it's fake..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Shame :(

when all this covid is over we need this in sligo - a food court housing KFC and BK and McDonalds all under one roof - the a couple of floors for the tables and chairs. - people can just go up and choose whatever they want and then just take their tray over to the tables , so if someone wanted KFC but their mates wanted a BK or McD then can take it over to same table and eat - they have them up in Dublin (in st.stephens street i think it is) .

then top floor (or top 2 floors) of amusements , fruit machines, grabby machines pinball machines snooker and other things like that

and seeing as I think the building has a drinks licence (well it did when it was source) maybe a bar?

ad then also a creche on the lower floor with ball play and other things for the youngsters to do

sligo-food-court.jpg

wonder if JSYK and harvey norman will still go ahead and open here given whats happened in the last few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

shanec1928 wrote: »
    wonder if JSYK and harvey norman will still go ahead and open here given whats happened in the last few months

Some work going on in units that Harvey Norman is supposed to occupy.

Shame :(

when all this covid is over we need this in sligo - a food court housing KFC and BK and McDonalds all under one roof - the a couple of floors for the tables and chairs. - people can just go up and choose whatever they want and then just take their tray over to the tables , so if someone wanted KFC but their mates wanted a BK or McD then can take it over to same table and eat - they have them up in Dublin (in st.stephens street i think it is) .

then top floor (or top 2 floors) of amusements , fruit machines, grabby machines pinball machines snooker and other things like that

and seeing as I think the building has a drinks licence (well it did when it was source) maybe a bar?

ad then also a creche on the lower floor with ball play and other things for the youngsters to do

sligo-food-court.jpg

Just what we need more crap food to further fuel the obesity epidemic so that when the next new pandemic emerges we will have even more people in an at risk category.

Just what we need more crap food to further fuel the obesity epidemic so that when the next new pandemic emerges we will have even more people in an at risk category.

bet your great at parties :D ....

Joking aside though if people are going to be obese they are going to get obese whether the fast food places exist or not .. well I think anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, you're a barrel of laughs too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Joking aside though if people are going to be obese they are going to get obese whether the fast food places exist or not .. well I think anyway....

I get what you're saying but an exercise I do with students is ask them to name 5 brands of fast food, 5 brands of soft drinks, 5 brands of chocolate, 5 brands of pizza, etc. Usually the responses fly off the tongue.
    Then ask for 5 brands of fruit and 5 brands of vegetable, brands not types.
    Most usually struggle.
    We are one of the most obese Countries in the world and there are several reasons for it. Very low on the list imho is people can't/don't have willpower.

The deck is fairly well stacked against us at the outset.

Source Sligo had such a good view down O’Connell Street that I’d hate for it to be used for a food court/amusement arcade where people would stare into their trays of food / fruit machines.

Remember going to a gig during the Jazz Festival there.. obviously when it was still open.. and was a lovely building with so much promise.

Shame!

Would love a thriving restaurant / bar to go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Jalan Jalan on castle st re-opening on 1st June for takeaway. (From their facebook page)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Basq wrote: »
    Source Sligo had such a good view down O’Connell Street that I’d hate for it to be used for a food court/amusement arcade where people would stare into their trays of food / fruit machines.

Remember going to a gig during the Jazz Festival there.. obviously when it was still open.. and was a lovely building with so much promise.

Shame!

Would love a thriving restaurant / bar to go in there.

well if a Thriving Restaurant was not interested in it in years pre-covid ....

the rent (or is it rent and rates) are supposed to be astronomical for that building isnt it ? - maybe for that reason you need one (or more) of the big players / well known brands to actually operate in their with their big takings to keep it afloat

Sure we'll just ignore the mountain of scientific research and data which shows how unhealthy diets, processed and fast foods leads to increase in obesity. Should also ignore the large amount of data showing increase in litter around fat food places.

Anyway this is not what this thread is for and I dont want to drag it off topic so that's all I'll comment on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks folks. I think we can get back now to posting about "stores opening or re-opening"

Advertisement