Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ideas for upgrading a conservatory

• 07-02-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

We've just bought our first family home and would like to modernise/upgrade the conservatory. In our dreams we would convert it to a proper extension but I assume that would require redoing the foundations which would be out of our budget for now anyway. Is there any way of upgrading the conservatory in the short term - i guess we coule re do the flooring to something more modern. Is it possible to upgrade the glass so it looks less plasticky and and a bit more contemporary? Just looking for some ideas and inspiration really.

And if by some miracle someone has ever come across a conservatory that could be turned into a proper extension fairly easily please do give me some hope (I know we would need a structural engineer to confirm foundations).

Photos of conservatory attached. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭bemak

knock it and give the light back to the room that it extends from!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

Owlet wrote: »
    We've just bought our first family home and would like to modernise/upgrade the conservatory. In our dreams we would convert it to a proper extension but I assume that would require redoing the foundations which would be out of our budget for now anyway. Is there any way of upgrading the conservatory in the short term - i guess we coule re do the flooring to something more modern. Is it possible to upgrade the glass so it looks less plasticky and and a bit more contemporary? Just looking for some ideas and inspiration really.

And if by some miracle someone has ever come across a conservatory that could be turned into a proper extension fairly easily please do give me some hope (I know we would need a structural engineer to confirm foundations).

Photos of conservatory attached. Thanks.

curious what did you go ahead with? we are buying our first family home and the home has a conservatory / sunroom that the sellers used as a family room. we are thinking of what to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

I would say that is very cold in winter and way too hot in the summer. A lightweight warm roof with insulation and plastered ceiling and 2 velux windows is a good option. It would cost about 8k

Advertisement