Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone else's internet been really patchy lately?

• 05-02-2020 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I know there's a lot of works going on around the city, but for the last while the internet's awful, drops out every few minutes. I'm with vodafone, but I have a feeling that's not the issue. It got worse after this road got rewired, so I think it's probably related to that, but wondering if other people have been having the same issue, and who do I complain to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Your contract is with Vodafone, so it's up to them to keep your connection running. If it's Eir's lines (as they are the broadband infrastructure providers for themselves, Vodafone and Sky) that are the problem then it's up to Vodafone or Sky to get on Eir's case. Not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

JohnsKite wrote: »
    I know there's a lot of works going on around the city, but for the last while the internet's awful, drops out every few minutes. I'm with vodafone, but I have a feeling that's not the issue. It got worse after this road got rewired, so I think it's probably related to that, but wondering if other people have been having the same issue, and who do I complain to?

Yes , with vodafone gigabit v poor got a new modem but still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭testtech05

JohnsKite wrote: »

Ive actually been noticing the last couple of weeks on my phone the wifi disconnecting and briefly and reconnecting every now and again. It sounds like I might not be the only one so. Must look into it more.

What part of the city are you in? We are on the headford road.

Edit: I'm on Vodafone aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

thats interesting -was applying inline with galway university online system & their system kept dropping -total nightmare & wasted days of my life. I assumed it was storm Brendans fault but it was over 3 or 4 days. No problem otherwheres.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

Well seems it isn't just me so, hopefully when they're finished working all over the city it'll stop. I also occurred to me that they might be doing a lot of the fiddly technical bits at night, making it worse then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

Same here on VF Gigabit. Dropping out sometime and slow to retrieve pages. Has improved again in the last day or so. Wonder if it has anything to do with all that fibre that is being put down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Not being funny but have ye tried contacting Vodafone about it? Everyone saying they have issues is saying they are on Vodafone. I'm on Virgin and it's been fine. SIRO uses new cables on ESB infastructure so in theory they shouldn't interfere, but who knows. Universities are on their own backbone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

xckjoo wrote: »
    Not being funny but have ye tried contacting Vodafone about it? Everyone saying they have issues is saying they are on Vodafone. I'm on Virgin and it's been fine. SIRO uses new cables on ESB infastructure so in theory they shouldn't interfere, but who knows. Universities are on their own backbone

Yes, new modem came out but it's the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

gally74 wrote: »
    Yes, new modem came out but it's the same

It's still sounding like a Vodafone issue. Even if it's an infrastructure issue (think they piggy back on Eir lines), it's Vodafone that you need to talk to and then they get onto Eir

Advertisement