Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock Against Homelessness - Fontaines DC and more at Olympia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

managed to get standing tickets for this this morning. Looking forward to it. Great lineup of Irish artists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just about nabbed an upper circle. Brilliant line up. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very strong lineup. Fontaines and Murder Capital are everywhere at the moment, deservedly.

Any ideas of stage times, lads? Can't find them anywhere. They've a lot to get through, don't want to miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Any ideas of stage times, lads? Can't find them anywhere. They've a lot to get through, don't want to miss anything.

Olympia website says doors at 7, show at 8

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/rock-against-homelessness/

• Advertisement

bkrangle wrote: »
    Olympia website says doors at 7, show at 8

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/rock-against-homelessness/

Thanks, actually says doors 7, show soon after, no running order to be published. Fair enough, in early I guess. Enjoy it, folks.

Damn - will have to get in early

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Thanks, actually says doors 7, show soon after, no running order to be published. Fair enough, in early I guess. Enjoy it, folks.

Ah, it said 8 this morning, it must've been updated!

Will need to get in early so, should be a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I’ve a few spares, drop me a pm if interested

Well Jaysus. That was some night. Nearly 4 and a half hours, brilliant stuff altogether. Everyone good but the last 4 acts were electric. Just Mustard sounded incredible. They've really honed that sound, sounded much more together than 12 months ago. Never saw Kneecap before and that's not really my bag but they were brilliant, so confident. Lyrics, songs, really slick. I thought they were a shower of loveable chancers but I was way off. Owned a full Olympia. Murder Capital and Fontaines blew the roof off. Melts have a great sound going on there, will look out for that album. Fantastic night, fantastic cause, well done to all concerned.

• Advertisement

Here here Still - a great night was had. Fontaines left the stage at 11:50. Big shoutouts to Altered Hours and Just Mustard who were sensational. Kneecap are headbangers altogether. Great gig for a great cause. Felt like being at a musical festival you love to see it

Here here Still - a great night was had. Fontaines left the stage at 11:50. Big shoutouts to Altered Hours and Just Mustard who were sensational. Kneecap are headbangers altogether. Great gig for a great cause. Felt like being at a musical festival you love to see it

Exactly, that was like a good day at the Picnic. Between the 4 acts at Murder Capital last Thursday and the 8 last night, I've had a right whack of value for money in the last week. Exhausted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Highlight of the night for me was when some lady standing wibbly-ingly beside me asked what i thought of Kneecaps performance.

I told her that i really enjoyed it - and so did she apparently except she found them to be a bit racist?

Only having the cupla focal myself I thought that I may have missed something in the lads as gaelige flow so i asked her to elaborate on what part of their performance she found to be racist

The Brits Out chanting was her reply

i kindly pointed out to her that it's not racist, xenophobic if anything and if there were any victims of discrimination in the scenario it was more likely to be the poor wee hoods from West Belfast

A few blank nods later and off she stumbled....

Advertisement