Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grange golf club Rathfarnham

Options
  • 19-10-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys

I am thinking about getting golf lessons at the grange golf club in rathfarnham. I have a high handicap as I am only playing a year or so. Has anyone got lessons at the club before? Or another club around Rathfarnham as I have moved into the area. Any information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Hi Dermottio,

I have never got lessons at the grange as it is pretty high end, expensive green fees and the like,
    but a really smashing course there's no doubt,
    I think they still do lessons up in spawell in the driving range which i would imagine would be cheaper.
    Edmonstown and Stackstown are other great courses in the area with professionals who do lessons, so worth ringing around, you'll get good value on teetimes.ie or under the hot deals section of golfnow.com for green fees.
    Happy golfing

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (thought it better than creating a new one).

Does anyone on here know if the Grange is open to new members? (appreciate it would be pricey), just the convenience of its location may make it just about worthwhile and I have heard it's a fabulous course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (thought it better than creating a new one).

Does anyone on here know if the Grange is open to new members? (appreciate it would be pricey), just the convenience of its location may make it just about worthwhile and I have heard it's a fabulous course

I played an open there a few months ago with a 5 day member and he said it is technically open to new members but you need to be proposed and seconded I believe. Also the joining fee is 10 or maybe 15k. The impression I got from the member was they encourage potential new members to start with 5 day for a few years then go for full if they want. Some portion of the 5 day yearly membership fees can be put towards the joining fee up to a certain limit.

In my opinion the course is fine but nothing special. I went in with high expectations but then realised as I was playing that the demand is just down to location and facilities. Don't get me wrong though, if there was no joining fee I'd become a member there tomorrow and happily play it year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

I played an open there a few months ago with a 5 day member and he said it is technically open to new members but you need to be proposed and seconded I believe. Also the joining fee is 10 or maybe 15k. The impression I got from the member was they encourage potential new members to start with 5 day for a few years then go for full if they want. Some portion of the 5 day yearly membership fees can be put towards the joining fee up to a certain limit.

In my opinion the course is fine but nothing special. I went in with high expectations but then realised as I was playing that the demand is just down to location and facilities. Don't get me wrong though, if there was no joining fee I'd become a member there tomorrow and happily play it year round.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

DId you get the lessons there in the end? Were they any good?

As I said on the Carton House thread
    I think it generally closes in Jan for the year (best to give them a ring) You will need 2 people to propose you. Due to its location (near the city) though it is expensive and there is a joining fee. Intermediate membership is reasonable enough which I think is up to 32.
    I know alot of people come in through the Pavillion membership, you get a GUI, All year access to back 6/Facilities (which are good) reduced rates on main courses plus quite a few comps. It is a good way to see if you like the place plus I think whatever you pay for Pavillion membership comes off any joining fee if you do decide to become a full member. A few of friends have done this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ Pretty sure pavillion membership is open year round also (assuming that category isnt full)

Advertisement