Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What trainers are you wearing

Options
  • 31-01-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what trainers do you guys where for road runs 5k and up

Iv a pair of Pegasus that have seen better days so time for a change,

Are the 4% or next % worth the money ?

Do you guys change training shoes to race shoes ?

What are your favourite trainers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Currently rotate between the New Balance Beacon 1,Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit and Nike Pegasus Turbo 1.
    Also have a pair of Brooks Ghost 11 that are almost at the end of their life but use them on my treadmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Are the 4% or next % worth the money ?

Depends. There's a while other thread for that debate. No shoe is worth 275 quid if you're downing fifteen pints and eating a kebab after the pub every weekend. Plenty of gains to be made elsewhere. But reports are that people generally notice the difference.
    Do you guys change training shoes to race shoes ?

Yes absolutely. My easy running shoes are pegasus and dynaflyte. Session training shoes are now adizero adios (also used as racers) and Nike flex rn.

Racing shoes are zoomfly flyknit, Nike 4%.
    What are your favourite trainers

For all rounder pegasus. I'd happily wear them training or racing half marathon. I love dynaflyte for easy miles.for sessions zoomfly flyknit and adizero adios.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Currently running in Asics GT2000 7s and love them. Going between two different pairs at the moment. I also have a pair of Saucony Guide ISO but find they pinch me in the forefoot after about 5k which is pain in the arse. And foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pegasus and Pegasus Turbo are both a great every day shoe... If you are only planning to buy one pair to train and race in... Get turbos imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Mizuno Wave....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Brooks GTS 19.

For years I've had knee issues and they stopped it almost immediately couldn't believe it. Was a bit sceptical of the GuideRail system but was amazed the difference it made.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

Adidas Ultraboost - fluffy pillows for your feet.

I have a few pairs of Adizero Bostons that are a bit too light on the cushioning for my aging frame!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Brooks Adrenaline 19 here - unbelievably comfortable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Brooks GTS 19. Nice shoe. Moved from GT2000s which were good too. I saw some online complaints about the new GTS 20s so not sure where to next.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Myksyk wrote: »
    Brooks GTS 19. Nice shoe. Moved from GT2000s which were good too. I saw some online complaints about the new GTS 20s so not sure where to next.

Had seen the same. Think I might just get another pair of 19s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Most of the time I am in Brooks Ghost 11. For sessions/tempos Nike Pegasus Turbo 2. Race day is Next %.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Asics Glideride...probably the best ever easy run shoe.... particularly if you're a heel striker and like a wide shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

Just ordered a new pair of ASICS GT 2000 - the 8
    It is my 4th pair of GT 2000, currently on the 6, and before a 4 and 3 IIRC.

Happy enough even after Quite a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Asics Glideride...probably the best ever easy run shoe.... particularly if you're a heel striker and like a wide shoe

Not a patch on the Vaporflys.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Parkrun

Myksyk wrote: »
    I love my Brooks GTS19. They've been great so far with very nice stability. Im not hearing great things about the new 20s.
    So where to go next... for me its towards a pair of Altra road runners. I recently got a pair of Lone Peak 4 for the trails, and they are a game changer for me with my f**ked up big feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

OOnegative wrote: »
    Not a patch on the Vaporflys.......

Not at all. Just a comfortable shoe for a hobby jogger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Parkrun wrote: »
    I love my Brooks GTS19. They've been great so far with very nice stability. Im not hearing great things about the new 20s.
    So where to go next... for me its towards a pair of Altra road runners. I recently got a pair of Lone Peak 4 for the trails, and they are a game changer for me with my f**ked up big feet.

I'm a big fan of brooks. Love the Launch, asteria and hyperion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I just got a pair of these, as a change from my NB 1400s that I wear for races.

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/womens-fuelcell-rebel/WFCXV1-26269-W.html#style=WFCXBM

I've only worn them once (for a hill session last night), but I LOVE them already. I just felt like my feet were turning over faster. They feel reall snappy and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

GT2000 7 for training and long runs, €70 in sale on sportshoes.
    DS Trainer 24 for races up to 10k, €70 in sale asics.
    Zoom Structure 21 for around the house, €50 in Nike Black friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

New Balance 1080v10 I have been using since Christmas. Smashing shoe, cushioned but not too spongey like Ultra Boost for example. Really nice fit on the foot, bit on the pricey side but well worth it IMO.

For sessions etc I use the Nike Zoomfly 3. They are a very comfortable shoe again, they have a kind of sock type fit. They have a variation of the carbon plate but nothing like the ones that shall not be named... A bit heavier than most racing flats but find them really nice to run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I rotate 3 pairs Next % Turbo 2s and Zoom fly 3 all very comfortable and great shoes race in the Next and use for the fast long runs the other pairs for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I rotate 3 pairs Next % Turbo 2s and Zoom fly 3 all very comfortable and great shoes race in the Next and use for the fast long runs the other pairs for training.

I just splashed out on a pair of Pegasus Turbo 2s. 125 euro down from 180 on the Nike website. Are they more resilient than the Next%?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

GT2000 7 for training and long runs, €70 in sale on sportshoes.
    DS Trainer 24 for races up to 10k, €70 in sale asics.
    Zoom Structure 21 for around the house, €50 in Nike Black friday.

A fan of the GT2000 here , unfortunately only odd sizes left in the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Also wear GT 2000. Buy 2 pairs together and get a year out if them. Average about 50km a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Pegasus 35 have been my main pair which I got soon after their release which are starting to wear out. I have a 10k adventure race in 2 months that might be their send off.

At some point got some Nike Zoom fly flyknit for races half marathon and under which I got for €80.

I am defo looking at moving away from Nike so I wonder what can replace the Pegasus in my lineup. But Knowing my cheap self I will probably see the Pegasus 36 for cheap after the 37 is out and buy that,

Advertisement