Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stevob7

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    Districts are allocated as per operational demand.

You will get a list of available districts in your induction pack.

You have up to 4 choices. Equally weighted.

Thanks. So is it the case where you are presented with 4 districts where there is operational demand and you get deployed to whichever one of these you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gm9962

You will have a list of all districts available you will then select 4 that you would like to work in but you are not guaranteed to get one of your choices. You could get posted anywhere depending on operational needs.
    stevob7 wrote: »
    Thanks. So is it the case where you are presented with 4 districts where there is operational demand and you get deployed to whichever one of these you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stevob7

Gm9962 wrote: »
    You will have a list of all districts available you will then select 4 that you would like to work in but you are not guaranteed to get one of your choices. You could get posted anywhere depending on operational needs.

Understood. And if you don't receive your most ideal district are transfers possible at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Anyone know of anyone just choosing one choice or 2 choices in their available districts ? i know it says you can choose up to 4 equal weighing, but do you think thats an incentive to choose 4 so that you will get at least one of your choices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Nb1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anyone just choosing one choice or 2 choices in their available districts ? i know it says you can choose up to 4 equal weighing, but do you think thats an incentive to choose 4 so that you will get at least one of your choices ?

As stated... it says “you can choose upto 4 districts”

I am aware of some people who have chosen 1 district and got it.... im also aware of cases that people have chosen 4 districts and not got any of them.

Some districts may also not be available when it comes to that stage.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Does anybody have any information on applicants applying from the Republic with regards to education criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

stevob7 wrote: »
    Understood. And if you don't receive your most ideal district are transfers possible at all?

Nope. When we applied we ticked a box saying we are willing to work anywhere in NI. So it's tough luck

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

back at it again, 3rd time lucky for me i hope. lord willing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

KN1231999 wrote: »
    back at it again, 3rd time lucky for me i hope. lord willing.

Good job, can I ask what you failed on the other 2 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Here we go again folks, 3rd time lucky for myself and second force. Lets make this our year!

• Advertisement

Also, not a 9am application opening for the first time in a few years

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Also, not a 9am application opening for the first time in a few years

I thought it would have been! Aww well we have waited this long.

penutzimes wrote: »
    I thought it would have been! Aww well we have waited this long.

It has been for the last few years, 9am on the dot it opened but this year it seems to not be open yet.

Lockie101 wrote: »
    It has been for the last few years, 9am on the dot it opened but this year it seems to not be open yet.

Yea that's true, we will just have to be patient

Open now folks - Mine is already away

Yes I see it now, can't apply till I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

Mines is away, Any ideas what the new uniform will look like come the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Think it's more combat based trousers , kinda like TSG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Martykel3

I’m back after missing the 2018 IST by 1 mark. Application is now flying - finger crossed.

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Good job, can I ask what you failed on the other 2 times?
    firs time, got to the AC and was let down, second time my IST crashed and ultimately failed it. lord willing this year is smooth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'm on my second try, failed first one at IST by 5 marks and now I'm currently at the PCA stage. I applied again for 2020 just as a backup, hopefully I don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I'm on my second try, failed first one at IST by 5 marks and now I'm currently at the PCA stage. I applied again for 2020 just as a backup, hopefully I don't need it.

Have you tips for the IST stage?

Has anyone got an email acknowledgement for submitting an application?

No email confirmation here! Applied yesterday morning 0900hrs.

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Have you tips for the IST stage?

Just find as many situational judgement and verbal reasoning questions online and just keep practicing. I just got the pass mark for the IST in the last campaign so progressed by the skin of my teeth. Also there are some people that run classes to help with the IST, I didn't use any of them so can't comment on how helpful they are.

It may take a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

I have applied twice, 1st time done the classes and failed the IST.. 2018 done it again and passed, just waiting on my medical now, situational judgement I found easy enough, verbal reason tough as it can come down to one word to what your answer should be.

Is there anywhere that does private coaching for the IST test?

I have Applied roughly 6times now and I struggle with it. The 2018 campaign I missed the pass mark by 1 which was heartbreaking.

Would just love some guidance to help me through the IST stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Many from the ROI apply? I’m not gonna wait for AGS to launch a recruitment further on this year. I’ve applied to PSNI yesterday, still no confirmation, is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Many from the ROI apply? I’m not gonna wait for AGS to launch a recruitment further on this year. I’ve applied to PSNI yesterday, still no confirmation, is this normal?

I've applied first day and no conformation as of yet.

Advertisement