Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help!

• 05-02-2020 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭

So there's glimmer of a book plot lodged in my memory, and I can't for the life of me figure out which book it is.

I remember that it's definitely YA or fantasy. It's got a secret sect of riders of some form of flying beast. The main character is female but from what I can remember, is not part of the sect. They are hidden in caves in mountains.

Three scenes are pretty vivid: one of the main character freezing on a mountain ledge with the main male character and his flying beast, one of them fighting in ruins, that has steps leading to something important downstairs, and the last near the end of what I can remember of the main characters running through the forest being chased by some evil as I think they are seeking to rescue eggs (maybe?).

I know it's pretty vague, and there's not much to go on based on that, but if anyone has any idea what it could be, I'd really appreciate the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Skyward? (Brandon Sanderson)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Skyward? (Brandon Sanderson)

I haven't read that yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I haven't read that yet!

Darn, sounded quite similar. Will keep thinking!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Emperor's Blade by Brian Staveley, part of the Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne series? There's a sect of griffin riders, although they're elite as opposed to secret.

Darn, sounded quite similar. Will keep thinking!

Thank you.

It's not Sci-Fi. The flying beasts are living, I just can't remember if they're dragons, or wyvern, or something else.

I've looked through my goodreads list (which has barely anything on it), I've looked at the books on the bookshelf in the sitting room, in the hallway, in my sister's room, and the overloaded bookshelf in my room, and nothing is jumping out.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    The Emperor's Blade by Brian Staveley, part of the Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne series? There's a sect of griffin riders, although they're elite as opposed to secret.

Nope, but I can see where you're coming from.

Ohhh! Sorry! I got it!

After a bizarre series of flashbacks (my memory is getting weird), I remembered it was from a book called Tower of Dawn from the Throne of Glass series. The book is pretty seperate from the rest of the series which is why it didn't automatically click. She wasn't the main character, but was a focus point for the book. The beasts were called Ruk.

I have no idea why it popped into my head, but I wasn't gonna be able to sleep until I figured it out. Sorry, and thanks ye who tried to help!

Advertisement