Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Mod/ Staff Appreciation thread pt 2 : Steve

• 01-02-2020 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Just wanted to start a thread to thank Steve, a great mod. We all have our best recollections of his mod skills but I’ll personally always remember the near heroic work he put in to save the Rescue 116 thread in the Aviation forum. While not an expert himself he was called in and brought a calm and steady hand and pretty much stopped a full scale calamity on the forum.

Thanks for all you do Steve !

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Why thank you. It's odd that you remember it as it was before your account was created on boards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Thanks to Steve and all the other mods for keeping us on the straight and narrow and keeping this forum in such a respectful and fun state. Really appreciate your work folks. Can't be easy and must be difficult at times. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Just wanted to start a thread to thank Steve, a great mod. We all have our best recollections of his mod skills but I’ll personally always remember the near heroic work he put in to save the Rescue 116 thread in the Aviation forum. While not an expert himself he was called in and brought a calm and steady hand and pretty much stopped a full scale calamity on the forum.

Thanks for all you do Steve !

Well said Rashers and well remembered. Steve has been all of those things and a fount of knowledge which I have always enjoyed.

Thank you Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Steve wrote: »
    Why thank you. It's odd that you remember it as it was before your account was created on boards. :)

Long time lurker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

That thread, if I recall correctly was a text book use of mod’ing in a discussion forum online. Thread blows up, panic ensues, original lower ranked mods get swamped and possibly panic. Finally boards.ie parachutes in a Special Ops style mod with bags of experience to steady the ship, ban the trolls and people speculating. Tough decisions had to made and I remember actual experienced pilots getting nuked or leaving boards altogether. People don’t realise, moderating a forum is an entirely different skill set to say flying a plane. Different but no less high pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That thread, if I recall correctly was a text book use of mod’ing in a discussion forum online. Thread blows up, panic ensues, original lower ranked mods get swamped and possibly panic. Finally boards.ie parachutes in a Special Ops style mod with bags of experience to steady the ship, ban the trolls and people speculating. Tough decisions had to made and I remember actual experienced pilots getting nuked or leaving boards altogether. People don’t realise, moderating a forum is an entirely different skill set to say flying a plane. Different but no less high pressure.

Let's not get carried away now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement