Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deadwater Fell (Channel 4) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Looking forward to this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

David Tennant can do very little wrong!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Took a moment before I recognised Cush Jumbo, aka Luca Quinn from the Good Wife / Fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Took a moment before I recognised Cush Jumbo, aka Luca Quinn from the Good Wife / Fight.

Oh I love her in the those. Have high hopes for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    David Tennant can do very little wrong!

He seems to be in everything now like Olivia Colman :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pixelburp wrote: »
    Love her!
    Totally forget she is English her accent in the good fight is fantastic

gmisk wrote: »
    Love her!
    Totally forget she is English her accent in the good fight is fantastic

I saw her in Vera, had to double look hearing her speak in that accent

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone give this a look? I recorded the first ep. Wondering was it any use.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Anyone give this a look? I recorded the first ep. Wondering was it any use.
    I am on same boat...have it taped gonna give it a spin tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Jeez, haunting stuff. Lots going on - intriguing.

• Advertisement

I thought it was good. Was pleased I taped it because there were a good few ad breaks. Set things up nicely for next week's episode.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Pretty good first episode, a little predictable maybe...but we will see how it goes in next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enjoyed the first episode but the
    affair with the friend's wife was all a bit out of nowhere!

Really? I thought the total opposite it was seriously telegraphed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

gmisk wrote: »
    Really? I thought the total opposite it was seriously telegraphed
    Ya when she was holding his hand in the hospital, I kinda wondered
    . Decent opening episode I thought.

I was surprised by that considering she is trying to conceive, wonder did their partners know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Good solid opener.

I'm enjoying this so far. Liked the second episode.

Thinking atm that the culprit is:
    The copper. He knew about the affair before his partner told him and in a drunken rage set the place on fire. Reckon the padlock on the door was to stop one of the kids from sleepwalking, which explains why the mother was out there that night and got the girl - padlock was used after that to stop a repeat occurrence. Think the copper told the junkie chap to change his story in order to frame Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm enjoying this so far. Liked the second episode.

Thinking atm that the culprit is:
    The copper. He knew about the affair before his partner told him and in a drunken rage set the place on fire. Reckon the padlock on the door was to stop one of the kids from sleepwalking, which explains why the mother was out there that night and got the girl - padlock was used after that to stop a repeat occurrence. Think the copper told the junkie chap to change his story in order to frame Tom.

Liking it so far too. Didn't realise the teacher was Cush Jumbo until the credits of episode one.
    Interesting theory: his kids woke scared of a "robber" that night - could have been him coming back in.

Decent episode last night. Been pondering what it's all about ahead of the final episode. Some of the key questions would be:
    Why did Kate buy the padlock, as seen on CCTV? Why was the little girl out in the forest? Did Steve learn about the affair the night Jess told him or did he find out earlier? Why did Steve ask the junkie chap to lie? We learned last night Tom is having financial difficulties - what effect, if any, did this have on the events of the night? Tom's mother seemed sympathetic to Kate's plight - is she involved?

Still thinking it's Steve the cop that's the culprit, although the episode last night did veer much more towards him, which usually means a swerve to someone else. Not convinced it's Tom even though he is a total arse.

Starting to think Tom or Kate may have had some dealings with the drug dealers; the former perhaps to pay off debts, or the latter as a way to deal with her depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Enjoyable show.
    Reminds me a lot of Broadchurch, which also had DT in.

Slightly uneasy watching it last night as the news of the 3 kids being found dead in Dublin broke.

Final episode tonight. Looking forward to some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Why was Tom cutting his cuticles until they bled in the final episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I couldn’t understand that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I take it that Tom never intended to survive the fire?

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Why was Tom cutting his cuticles until they bled in the final episode?

I took it to mean that he was feeling pain inside despite the front he was putting on, much like the kid who was self-harming.

And Tom intended to die. He said earlier in the episode that he was supposed to die and the call to his mother was a goodbye of sorts.

Overall, thought it was a bit of an underwhelming end. The twist was that:
    there was no twist.

Thought it was a very grim way to wrap up. They didn't even have Steve and his partner become pregnant, which I thought was an obvious uplifting conclusion. Everyone ended up miserable.

Thought it was a very grim way to wrap up. They didn't even have Steve and his partner become pregnant, which I thought was an obvious uplifting conclusion. Everyone ended up miserable.

Yes it was a bit of a damp squib ending, I thought she would end up preggers not knowing if Steve or Tom was the father

David Tennant was very good in the role of Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I really enjoyed it. Lots of twists and turns and interesting characters. I was happy with the ending, it makes a nice change to see something work out the way it most probably would in the real world instead of with some forced happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

I really enjoyed it. Lots of twists and turns and interesting characters. I was happy with the ending, it makes a nice change to see something work out the way it most probably would in the real world instead of with some forced happy ending.

You’re probably right re the ending, but it just felt to me as though it faded out. Possibly I was expecting ‘the twist’, or some resolution. I did enjoy the earlier episodes. But I found my attention wandering in the concluding episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

qwerty13 wrote: »
    You’re probably right re the ending, but it just felt to me as though it faded out. Possibly I was expecting ‘the twist’, or some resolution. I did enjoy the earlier episodes. But I found my attention wandering in the concluding episode.
    I had recorded the first 3 episodes and was about to delete them as I wasn't sure I could be bothered to watch it since I had lots of other stuff recorded but I ended up binge watching the episodes back to back one evening and I don't usually like David Tenant in things.

Advertisement