Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible ROI FPL Team - 19/20

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Probably would have got rid of Parrott for Obafemi instead or were you limited with funds?

:D no limitation on funds with this shower of lumpers!

That's an interesting point actually, I had hoped Parrott might get a few minutes, but doesn't look good so far. Will think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ScummyMan wrote: »
    :D no limitation on funds with this shower of lumpers!

That's an interesting point actually, I had hoped Parrott might get a few minutes, but doesn't look good so far. Will think about it

I think Long looks a better bet for gametime over the next while based on him starting the last game.

Goal for Shane Duffy today, keeps me ticking along nicely :D

Callum Robinson is having a tough run of it at the moment unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

How are we faring at the half way mark? It seems to have been a good couple of game weeks for the boys in green.

New wildcard is available. Might be worth canvassing the collection wisdom. Drop Coleman? Give up on Parrott for this season? Connolly, Long and Martins up front? We could with another midfielder. I reckon Jack Grealish still counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I reckon Jack Grealish still counts

Let it go man, let it go.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I reckon Jack Grealish still counts.

Let’s not forget the true Irish Gaels that are Mark Noble and Nathan Redmond too.

Posting in here to remind myself to have a look at this after this weekend! Adam Idah looks like he's going to get a few games for Norwich now.

Just over the half way point of the season seems like a good point to take stock.

England : 869
    Ireland : 602 + (22*12) = 866

Incredibly we were almost spot on with our handicap guess, meaning that it's still all to play for after GW22.
    England have had a strong couple of weeks, with TAA as captain doing most of the heavy lifting.

Just a reminder of my current squad:

Travers (Kelleher)
    Stevens Duffy Coleman Doherty(C) Egan
    Robinson Hourihane Hendrick (McCarthy Brady)
    Obafemi Connolly (Long)

Positives so far:
    - Travers finally getting a game! Albeit through injury to Ramsdale, and only for one point, and he made a poor mistake, but baby steps! :P
    - Defence as predicted is the backbone of my team, two Sheffield United lads have been stars for me.
    - James McCarthy starting to get a good few games for Palace (4 starts out of last 5), might have to move him into the starting XI.
    - Plenty of young strikers starting to knock on the door.

Negatives:
    - No long term playing keeper leaving me with 10 each week
    - Coleman looks to be losing his place
    - No regular starting striker

Would appreciate harnessing the collective knowledge of FSA on how to push on and win this title! I am musing a wildcard:
    - Callum Robinson seems to have lost his way, is McGoldrick a better use of my third SHU spot? Problem is I'm stuck a bit for options in midfield.
    - Adam Idah? Tricky to predict which of the strikers are going to get the most time from here on out.
    - Is Coleman in trouble? Potential to switch to Ciaran Clark, although he hasn't been getting his game recently either.
    - Anyone else I've forgotten? As it's so tight I'd like to stay away from the likes of Grealish and Rice for the time being, I'd like to prove the point that we don't need 'em!!

Cheers, coybig

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I also came here to remind you of Darren Randolph. :pac:

Disaster! Callum Robinson joins West Bromwich till the end of the season.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0129/1111644-callum-robinson-west-brom-loan/

Only 4 Irish midfielders in the Premier League, though he’ll still be listed in the game. Any sign of another Irish qualified midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Disaster! Callum Robinson joins West Bromwich till the end of the season.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0129/1111644-callum-robinson-west-brom-loan/

Only 4 Irish midfielders in the Premier League, though he’ll still be listed in the game. Any sign of another Irish qualified midfielder?

Can Grealish still do a u-turn to reverse his previous u-turn??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Gavin Kilkenny? Yet to make an appearance for Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Can Grealish still do a u-turn to reverse his previous u-turn??

I assume the fella in charge of the English team already has Grealish.

steve_r wrote: »
    Gavin Kilkenny? Yet to make an appearance for Bournemouth.
    Good call. Kilkenny and Smallbone (Southampton) are both listed as £4.5 midfielders.

Allows McGoldrick to be brought back in to the squad for the inevitable glut of goals which he's due.

Super shout with Gavin Kilkenny

Wildy is active now to let me get Randolph in also

EDIT: Unless I am going blind, Kilkenny is not in the game. (Proper order, they win enough all Ireland's already :P ) . Will have to go with young Smallbone

Pick 3 from:

McGoldrick, Long, Obafemi, Connolly...........Idah, Parrott?

Leaning towards Obafemi missing out from the first 4 but it's a close one

Kilkenny is listed. Page 2 on whatever view you're looking at maybe?

Wouldn't know who has a greater chance of making an appearance. When does the transfer window close for loan moves?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ScummyMan wrote: »
    EDIT: Unless I am going blind, Kilkenny is not in the game. (Proper order, they win enough all Ireland's already :P ) . Will have to go with young Smallbone

Sorry to hear you're going blind. :P :pac:

In other words, Kilkenny's there, but he's on the second page of Bournmouth players along with Dobre (whoever he is!)

• Advertisement

So how did we finish up? It felt like a bit of a break out season for a lot of Irish players in the Premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭remoteboy

One of the lads in our work league did it for the craic. He finished on 1016 points. Just outside the top 7m.

Thanks for checking back in!

Final scores on the doors were:

ROI : 1125 + (38*12) = 1581
    England : 1599

A couple of big scores for TAA as England captain snuck it in the last few weeks :(

Irish team contributed as follows:
    Randolph (3)
    Stevens (142) Egan (133) Doherty Captain (167*2) Coleman (55)
    Hourihane (83) Smallbone (24) McCarthy (41) Brady (32)
    Long (62) Connolly (61)

Travers (0) Duffy (44) Hendrick (67) McGoldrick (65)

Defense as expected did most of the heavy lifting. Not having a keeper for the majority of the season ended up costing me.

We got the handicap about right I think, which made for an exciting end to the season. I followed this just as much if not more than my actual team :D

Will definitely be doing one again for the upcoming season, so I will be asking for help again in here in identifying lads with Irish grannies once the game goes live!

Advertisement