Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Crown Victoria

• 29-01-2020 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Seen this just now on ClassiccarsUK
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. It’s far from a classic car. It is rare/niche for Ireland.

Yes, i know its an automatic (unfortunately), it most likely weighs the same as a tank and would cost you just as much to run, but you can’t deny that it looks pretty smart with Irish licence plates on front.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1195756

If not for the automatic transmission, I’d love to own one of these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

"Vehicle has been inspected and serviced. However, it is declared off road at present. This Interceptor is available to rent for display purposes in your showroom or any similar arrangements. I am open to offers. Long term rent would be my preference. In case of longer term, vehicle should be kept indoor."

It isn't even for sale.

Open to offers to keep it garaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

wonski wrote: »
    "Vehicle has been inspected and serviced. However, it is declared off road at present. This Interceptor is available to rent for display purposes in your showroom or any similar arrangements. I am open to offers. Long term rent would be my preference. In case of longer term, vehicle should be kept indoor."

It isn't even for sale.

Open to offers to keep it garaged.

It’d be very hard to sell it here never mind hiring it out. I don’t know if there’s any other Crown Vics in Ireland. There’s one up the north alright, but it’s a former NYC cab.

In the USA these are as cheap as chips on forecourts. I seen some lovely stuff over there that I’d love to see for sale in Ireland. 2008 year Ford Taurus for example.

Funnily enough the NYPD is now buying the Ford Fusion (Mondeo) An Garda Síochána would’ve been almost identical to them if the kept buying the Mondeos instead of those awful Hyundai’s

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It’d be very hard to sell it here never mind hiring it out. I don’t know if there’s any other Crown Vics in Ireland. There’s one up the north alright, but it’s a former NYC cab.

In the USA these are as cheap as chips on forecourts. I seen some lovely stuff over there that I’d love to see for sale in Ireland. 2008 year Ford Taurus for example.

Funnily enough the NYPD is now buying the Ford Fusion (Mondeo) An Garda Síochána would’ve been almost identical to them if the kept buying the Mondeos instead of those awful Hyundai’s

They've had them since 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

That NYPD Crown Vic has been around along time I remember seeing it around the mid to late 2000's if its the same one.
    It was owned by a security firm, they used to park it up at motorway construction sites and the like.
    They also had a CHP one in black and white as well if my memory serves me correctly.
    American cars like that and automatic transmissions go hand in hand IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Americans can't drive stick as they call it....

Everything will be automatic such as hybrid and electric....

• Advertisement
Advertisement