Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Matthews bus query

Options
  • 27-01-2020 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

i have a query regarding the Matthews bus from Dundalk to Dublin, they have a 10 journey deal for the leap card for €60, once you pay with your leap card are you able to use it for other journeys with lets say Dublin bus without affecting the 10 journeys? Has anyone used the bus before, does anyone know how it works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

If you want to use the "purse" on the Leap card with Dublin Bus, that should work fine at least as tickets like the 10 journeys are loaded separately. I guess you could load other Dublin Bus tickets too.

Haven't tried Matthews coaches myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

dave 27 wrote: »
    Hi all,

i have a query regarding the Matthews bus from Dundalk to Dublin, they have a 10 journey deal for the leap card for €60, once you pay with your leap card are you able to use it for other journeys with lets say Dublin bus without affecting the 10 journeys? Has anyone used the bus before, does anyone know how it works?

Multi Operator use is one of the cornerstones of the LEAP scheme.

Each card can hold up to 6 live products,one of which MUST be a Purse (Not necessarily containing any credit).

So you can have up to 5 different "Ticket Products" each from a different operator,and each one independently useable.

It is highly desireable to maintain a Float on the purse of c.€10 (Maximum of €150 allowed) for those single journeys made on Dublin Bus/DART/LUAS in the City.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement