Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Murder Capital -When I have fears

• 16-08-2019 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

The long awaited debut album from The Murder Capital is here.
    Just having my first listen and it sounds mighty impressive so far.
    Don't Cling to life and For Everything the opener sounds like the standouts so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I saw them at EP by pure chance and was blown away. It wouldn't even be a genre I really would have enjoyed.

Also extremely impressed. They appear to be getting 5/5 reviews so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

I saw them at EP by pure chance and was blown away. It wouldn't even be a genre I really would have enjoyed.

Also extremely impressed. They appear to be getting 5/5 reviews so far!

Seen them in soundhouse previously they were Immense say the gig tonight will be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seen them in soundhouse previously they were Immense say the gig tonight will be unreal!

Bought the special edition vinyl today and just got a free ticket for tonight, will be my fifth or sixth time seeing them. Can't wait

sweetie wrote: »
    Bought the special edition vinyl today and just got a free ticket for tonight, will be my fifth or sixth time seeing them. Can't wait

Lucky You, Have a meetup running for this event if you interested in a few pre- show drinks sign up.

https://www.meetup.com/gigonometry/events/261736922/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I will listen to this. Seen them twice and they were truly excellent.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I will listen to this. Seen them twice and they were truly excellent.

Not tonite they weren't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Not tonite they weren't

Did you not enjoy it? Thought it was a great gig myself.

D.Q wrote: »
    Did you not enjoy it? Thought it was a great gig myself.

Was ok but lacking the intensity these guys are capable of ..very little crowd surfing or moshing apart from the end song also an encore is never a bad thing.
    How did this song not get on the album?By far the best song I have heard from this band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I'm on my first listen of the album and I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I’ve listened to it a couple of times and I think it’s excellent.

• Advertisement

I Think the album's pretty good. One criticism I could have is that the production is a bit gutless on a few songs - not that it's desperate or anything, but that it doesn't really truly convey the force of them live. That's what impressed me the most about them when I saw them: their songs had real power, a wall of noise feel. I suppose the live sound of a band is a different beast.

Very promising debut, glad to see them getting a lot of good press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

2019 is turning into a landmark year for Irish alternative music with this album, Dogrel, and the forthcoming Girl Band album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Have it on now, very joy divisiony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

2019 is turning into a landmark year for Irish alternative music with this album, Dogrel, and the forthcoming Girl Band album.

The released song from Girl Band album is very much samey as before. It kinda fades to nothing away about 4 minutes - goes on for another 2 minutes of bit of noise.
    Maybe it's a grower.

I see that the album charted at number two over here and number eighteen in the UK. Mad to think that I saw them play to a crowd of about five people less than a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Saw them on Tommy Tiernan the other week. Just don't get it. From image which looked forced to shapes on stage etc. Best of luck to them though. They're doing ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

TMC will be at this, from Hot Press:

"Fontaines DC, The Murder Capital, KNEECAP and Just Mustard have all been announced to perform on the night.
    Rock Against Homelessness returns to the Olympia Theatre on March 3, with a special night curated by Fontaines D.C.
    The Dublin band have enlisted some of the country's finest acts to join them on the night, including The Murder Capital, Kneecap, Just Mustard, The Altered Hours, Melts, Stefan Murphy, The Mary Wallopers – while Paul McLoone will be on MC duties. The annual Rock Against Homelessness raises funds in aid of Focus Ireland, which works tirelessly to combat homelessness in Ireland."

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/rock-against-homelessness/

Advertisement