Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ace combat 7

Options
  • 02-09-2019 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone playing Ace combat 7 on PS4, if so what do you think of it ?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played and beaten it on PC. Pretty much my favourite game of the year. You won't find another game that gives the player such thrilling minute to minute action. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

Finished it and liked it but I think it has some of the worst missions of any Ace Combat I've played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's my first Ace combat game so can't comment on that.

Squadron Leader/Unsung War is the best one. It even has a story that makes some sense and the best music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought this,played the first few missions,i feel the only difference between this and the old games is graphics which is a bit disappointing.

I played AC 1 + 2 back in the day and loved them but i was expecting a bit more iteration from the devs

Game of the year my arse....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Evade wrote: »
    Squadron Leader/Unsung War is the best one. It even has a story that makes some sense and the best music.

God I remember Squadron Leader. Razgriz was the call sign I think? Was my first AC. Haven't bought one in years though. I was tempted to get AC7 during the Steam Winter sale, decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Damien360

I got to the mission where you have to defend the general in the slow moving transporter aircraft from Sam sites and aircraft (think it’s the tenth mission). I got so frustrated with it that I put it down and haven’t returned to it. Your mission teammates are fcuking useless.

Overall I found it very same over and over again. Even if I passed that mission above, I don’t think I could give it more time.

jaxxx wrote: »
    God I remember Squadron Leader. Razgriz was the call sign I think? Was my first AC. Haven't bought one in years though. I was tempted to get AC7 during the Steam Winter sale, decided against it.
    Yeah Wardog, then Razgriz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I have Fires Of Liberation for the Xbox 360 on order. This will be my first Ace Combat game.

Should I get Assault Horizon?

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I have Fires Of Liberation for the Xbox 360 on order. This will be my first Ace Combat game.

Should I get Assault Horizon?

God no. Assault horizon isnt bad! They tried to call of duty it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Assault Horizon is even set in a different "real world" time line.

All the rest of the Ace Combats are all related on a fictional "Strange Real World" with it's own history and storyline.

Acecombat 4,5 and Zero are the best of the lot with 5 and Zero being closely related with the later acting as it's prequal backdrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m playing 7 and I still can’t make out what side I’m actually on.
    Christ it’s even worse than 5 trying to figure out the storyline.

It's a very simple story.... Told in the most confusing way possible.

Advertisement