Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

Howard100 wrote: »
    Hilarious. As it stands 96fms breakfast show is killing them on everything that makes a successful show.

Depends on how you would define killing I suppose. I haven't heard him in years but it seems to me that "KC" disappeared when he moved stations. There doesn't seem to be the same interest anymore.

Foley was in Cork this morning anyway judging by the podcast and his instagram, he had a very funny train video on his story. Maybe he does the remotes when he has to do TV in Dublin? I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who’s working hard earning a living driving up and down with a wife and two young kids doing two jobs in two cities. Fair play to him. Some of the banter on here seems a bit mean spirited.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/1180207827970863106?s=19

The lads back together at the IMRO's. Foley picked up Bronze in Music Broadcaster of the Year.

For any former NTN fans check out Muireann's instagram, said to Foley 'tell them about the podcast' and said it's coming next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Christ just let it go, what's Foley's deal with the same Black/navy shirt for every event?
    Does he think he's Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs or something.
    Clearly trying to draw attention to himself once again when everyone else was in black tie & he was trying to let in that he couldn't care less when it actually looked like pure desperation

Christ just let it go, what's Foley's deal with the same Black/navy shirt for every event?
    Does he think he's Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs or something.
    Clearly trying to draw attention to himself once again when everyone else was in black tie & he was trying to let in that he couldn't care less when it actually looked like pure desperation

Jesus you are pathetic. Get off this thread.

IUA14 wrote: »

Haven't I broken any rules or are you backseat moderating?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Seems some of you need a reminder of the forum charter:
    Both pro- and anti- show opinions are equally welcome. Therefore, anyone who greets a post praising [Presenter X] with "Hi [Presenter X]" or similar or in any form implying a poster is somehow connected to a specific show or station is not allowed.
    Take a step back and be civil to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/1180207827970863106?s=19

The lads back together at the IMRO's. Foley picked up Bronze in Music Broadcaster of the Year.

For any former NTN fans check out Muireann's instagram, said to Foley 'tell them about the podcast' and said it's coming next week!

I don't see it, have you a link? Is the ntn making a return or is this a new podcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ignore button is great. Except when people quote the nonsense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I don't see it, have you a link? Is the ntn making a return or is this a new podcast?

It's in her Instagram stories. There's no more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Any news on this podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Any news on this podcast?

No, I asked Ray last week about it, he said he said nothing about a podcast ask Muireann. She just replied with Yeah Ray where is the podcast? :D
    I think it was all just late night drink talk…. But you never know…

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Dose any one know how ray got on in jnlrs last week compared to kc . Last book kc was claiming number 1. Are their any figures for cotk i saw none this time. Also be good to see the niel v pj numbers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

vince wrote: »
    Dose any one know how ray got on in jnlrs last week compared to kc . Last book kc was claiming number 1. Are their any figures for cotk i saw none this time. Also be good to see the niel v pj numbers.

RedFM and Ray were claiming they were number 1 but were keeping it quiet enough this time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Who's the female presenter on the Breakfast show with the lads? She doesn't seem to be a co-presenter but she seems to be interjecting alot lately... kinda like Ray's old TodayFM and 98fm show when he had the producers and news readers interact.

Actually he said her name was Ciara.... where did she come from? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭ofcork

From Neil prendiville show I'd say Brenda came back Ciara was there while she was AWOL also has her own show 8 to 10 Saturday morning

Jay is leaving...I guess Ciara will be the new co-host then?

KC and Ross have been cracking jokes about Jay leaving for the last week

Haven't listened in a good while. It's a pain we can't get it on the radio in Dublin.

Why's he leaving?

That makes sense, handover period! :P
    Synode wrote: »
    Haven't listened in a good while. It's a pain we can't get it on the radio in Dublin.

Why's he leaving?

Get the podcast it's still great radio and only 40mins long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Early mornings finally catch up with jay? Wonder will they rebrand it The Ray Foley show now again?

• Advertisement

Early mornings finally catch up with jay? Wonder will they rebrand it The Ray Foley show now again?

I say they will have to rebrand it.

Shame as Ray and Jay really found their rhythm as a duo. In fairness Jay didn't start as early as Ray did every morning :P

Loughc wrote: »
    I say they will have to rebrand it.

Shame as Ray and Jay really found their rhythm as a duo. In fairness Jay didn't start as early as Ray did every morning :P

Ya Jay really found his rhythm of laughing like a giddy school girl at anything at all that came out of Ray Foley's mouth for 2 hours.
    Thinking back to past Ray Foley shows that's really all he requires, he's got really low self esteem so needs this canned laughter as an ego booster and gauge as to how well he's doing.
    It really showed the mornings Jay was off or when he had his solo Sunday morning show in red, bleak.

Ya Jay really found his rhythm of laughing like a giddy school girl at anything at all that came out of Ray Foley's mouth for 2 hours.
    Thinking back to past Ray Foley shows that's really all he requires, he's got really low self esteem so needs this canned laughter as an ego booster and gauge as to how well he's doing.
    It really showed the mornings Jay was off or when he had his solo Sunday morning show in red, bleak.

Oh look it's Ray Foley's number 1 fan, at least by listening every morning you're contributing to the ratings and keeping Ray in a job. Good job Flangey. :)

Oh look it's Ray Foley's number 1 fan, at least by listening every morning you're contributing to the ratings and keeping Ray in a job. Good job Flangey. :)

It's nice of him really.

Anyways, Jay seemingly has set up a new business with his mate and wants to spend more time with the kids. Will be interesting to see what they do with the show moving forward tho.

Can't have been easy on Jay though, laughing all the way from Cork 6 months of the year while Ray was broadcasting from his bedroom in Dublin desperately hoping to get back into Virgin media's good books and get a full time gig up there like the good auld take me out days.
    Shame at least the fanboys can still watch him nervously playing with his fringe on his insta stories on a regular basis.

That makes sense, handover period! :P

Get the podcast it's still great radio and only 40mins long.

It's awkward going from radio to online for me at the moment

[translation:] I'm really lazy

Can't have been easy on Jay though, laughing all the way from Cork 6 months of the year while Ray was broadcasting from his bedroom in Dublin desperately hoping to get back into Virgin media's good books and get a full time gig up there like the good auld take me out days.
    Shame at least the fanboys can still watch him nervously playing with his fringe on his insta stories on a regular basis.

You keep listening my good friend. Mr.Foley appreciates the custom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Jay got a good sendoff from the gang.

Ray Foley has done a great job on Red Fm and I cant fault him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ray is class should be on national radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jay didn't really do much other than laugh at Ray's jokes so not sure if he's much of a loss. Ray is great but the play list is awful, it's one of the worst play lists on any radio station

Advertisement