Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height of one storey

• 20-01-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello.

Neighbours building an extension which to me looks in excess of one storey high.
    Totally take away view to the side.

Any idea how high one storey is?

House is a semi D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Hello.

Neighbours building an extension which to me looks in excess of one storey high.

House is a semi D

Thanks

Typical (and minimum) floor to ceiling height is 2.4m. If it has a flat roof, the build up would be typically 0.4m above that. So 2.8m min follow to top of roof but might be a bit higher depending on ceiling height

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Hello.

House is a semi D

Thanks

Depends. The planning exemption allows them to build right up to the roof gutter once it’s single storey. So in theory they can build a huge box up to the roof and just have a very ,large floor to ceiling height inside.

Have you any pics?
    Are they building on foot of. A granted planning application or exempted development.

Advertisement