Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 transfer thread - Tripool up time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Keep Jimi or take a hit to get rid and hope it gets repaid over the next few games? I'm getting jealous of the Tosun train tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Abraham to Bobby done with 1ft plan is masuaku in for rico with the other and depending on news tomorrow may look at antonio in for ozil too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Abraham to Bobby done with 1ft plan is masuaku in for rico with the other and depending on news tomorrow may look at antonio in for ozil too

Are these for hits?

Mental to be bringing in a Hammers defender on a hit imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any West Ham defender will be doing well to get more than 3 points, would you not get Williams instead if you don't have him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Richarlison and Wilson out. Grealish and firmino in but Zaha has great looking fixtures for the next 7 games. So Grealish or Zaha gents? Have Salah martial KDB and traore already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Are these for hits?

I'm on the fence about bringing in a west ham defender with my 1 FT.

I'll likely do it and can move them on to someone else cheap in near future.

I already have 3 liverpool players and don't think I'd change any of my front 8 for a west ham attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about bringing in a west ham defender with my 1 FT.

I'll likely do it and can move them on to someone else cheap in near future.

I already have 3 liverpool players and don't think I'd change any of my front 8 for a west ham attacker.

Debated a West ham player myself but a quick look at the next ten fixtures put me off. Horrible run including Liverpool twice, Leicester, City, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Debated a West ham player myself but a quick look at the next ten fixtures put me off. Horrible run including Liverpool twice, Leicester, City, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and wolves

I'm looking at Cresswell (in hope of taking some set pieces) and Ogbonna (on hope of being on the end of some set piece).

I'd need the WHU defender to outscore Chilwell, Rico or Kelly.
    and
    If I bank the transfer I can get Aguero in as part of a -4 next GW.
    while holding-Mane, Salah, TAA, KDB, Martial, Grealish and Ings.

Think I've talked myself out of a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

To get Salah in I need to sacrifice 1 of Maddison or Abraham.

Can do Tettey/Abraham to Salah/Ayew?
    Or Maddison to Salah and keep Tettey who is really a bench player.

Front 8 currently is:
    Maddison KdB Mane (Tettey Douglas)
    Vardy Ings Abraham

With Ayew I'd play him most weeks and 3 defs.
    Currently playing 4-3-3

Defs are Robertson Soyuncu Rico (Kelly Lundy)

Are these for hits?

siblers wrote: »
    Any West Ham defender will be doing well to get more than 3 points, would you not get Williams instead if you don't have him yet

Well yeah if I do the 3 itll cost me 4 points taking it as a bit of a flying punt on masuaku hes a better option than rico going forward as moyes has a bit of a soft spot for him and he will predominantly be playing as a wing back or winger with another injury or 2

• Advertisement

Well yeah if I do the 3 itll cost me 4 points taking it as a bit of a flying punt on masuaku hes a better option than rico going forward as moyes has a bit of a soft spot for him and he will predominantly be playing as a wing back or winger with another injury or 2

Could you not just make the Masuaku transfer afterwards? Realistically what point haul are you expecting from him? He could genuinely end on zero or 2 this DGW depending on what mood Liverpool are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is Aguero to Firminio for a hit madness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

rekluse wrote: »
    Is Aguero to Firminio for a hit madness ?

If you can wait til deadline time tonight. You might get news if Aguero is rested or not. I’d hang on til then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1219561384985399296?s=20

Greenwood is owned by plenty in the game already at 13% but looks likely to get more and more game time.

Great enabler at 4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Rashford and Alli to Noble and Kun.

Have TAA, Salah and Firminio.

Fairly sure i will be going TC on Firminio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Had TAA, Mane & Salah but a gut feeling about Firmino wouldn't go away. Ended up dropping TAA for him and gave him the TC

He is just a different player away from home and I need a differential to make up ground in my leagues. When figuring out which other two to hold onto I figure keeping both Mane & Salah limits my risk as they're more likely to score big over TAA but also if one of them is rested at least I've got the other one

Saying that now watch TAA have another Leicester game performance

The stress of it all :o

Could you not just make the Masuaku transfer afterwards? Realistically what point haul are you expecting from him? He could genuinely end on zero or 2 this DGW depending on what mood Liverpool are in.

Ok I'll listen to reason and leave Arthur where he is. Knew the risks attached thought he may be a fun one to own but I'll bin the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to wait on early team news later but Im looking at either cantwell to snodgrass or mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

carnie wrote: »
    Wasn't gonna bother too much with WH players but Sarr has made me reconsider this. Probably pop in Snoddy for the GW.

Other than that I'mmagonna pop out Jimmy for Bobby for the week.

Exact same boat, and that's my move.

Ok I'll listen to reason and leave Arthur where he is. Knew the risks attached thought he may be a fun one to own but I'll bin the idea
    Incoming Hat trick Masuku :pac:

• Advertisement

Still can't decide on sacrificing Maddison or Abraham to get Salah in

Maddison, Salah, Greenwood
    Or
    Salah, Abraham, Tettey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The Cenk Tosun train leaves at 7:30pm.

12,560 Got on board this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Still can't decide on sacrificing Maddison or Abraham to get Salah in

Maddison, Salah, Greenwood
    Or
    Salah, Abraham, Tettey?

Much prefer the first one, especially with the Rashford injury.

Maddison got into some great positions last weekend and had some decent shots

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

After a lot of procrastinating I've gone with Sarr > Trossard and Rico > Williams.

Jimenez earns a stay of execution unless I get tempted by a -4 for Deeney or Delofeu later.

It feels good to no longer own Rico though tempted to put money on a Bournemouth clean sheet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Vardy -> Bobby F
    Cantwell -> Snodgrass

Alternative transfer option was Maddison -> Salah

I'm looking forward to the world of pain I'm going to be in by captaining Bobby too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mane currently my only DGW player. I currently have 2 FTs so thinking of either:
    Aguero, Dele & Soy -> Deeney, Salah & TAA
    or
    Martial, Dele & Soy -> Salah, Snodgrass & Gomez

I know people are rushing to get Aguero in after his last two GWs. Thankfully I had his as captain and thinking the Blades could end his run (or Pep doing Pep things and dropping him).

McCarty Button
    Soy Aurier Lord Targett Kelly
    Mane Dele Martial Grealish Dendoncker
    Aguero Vardy Jimenez

Thoughts?

Martial (BUR)
    TAA (wol,whu)
    Deeney (avl)
    vs
    Snodgrass (lei,LIV)
    Gomez (wol,whu)
    Aguero (shu)

Edit - If we find out Aguero is not starting it makes it easier.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Mane currently my only DGW player. I currently have 2 FTs so thinking of either:
    Aguero, Dele & Soy -> Deeney, Salah & TAA
    or
    Martial, Dele & Soy -> Salah, Snodgrass & Gomez

I know people are rushing to get Aguero in after his last two GWs. Thankfully I had his as captain and thinking the Blades could end his run (or Pep doing Pep things and dropping him).

McCarty Button
    Soy Aurier Lord Targett Kelly
    Mane Dele Martial Grealish Dendoncker
    Aguero Vardy Jimenez

Thoughts?

Martial (BUR)
    TAA (wol,whu)
    Deeney (avl)
    vs
    Snodgrass (lei,LIV)
    Gomez (wol,whu)
    Aguero (shu)

Edit - If we find out Aguero is not starting it makes it easier.

Salah, TAA and Tosun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

2 FT. Was all set up to just use one to go William to Mane but with Rashford crocked I've gone for Deeney over Jimenez and DCL also to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wonder will KDB be rested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

siblers wrote: »
    I wonder will KDB be rested?

Could take weekend off. Don't want to be messing around playing Sheffield Utd. As strange as that feels to type .

Advertisement