Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBM Express Bus

• 15-01-2020 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Anyone by any chance get this bus? I am going to start using it but I hear that it doesn't stop at all the stops listed on the website. For instance it says it stops the Londis Store next to central bank on Dame st but apparently it stops before central bank?

I'm specifically looking to get on at the Navan Rd stop before the roundabout, but want to be sure I'm waiting at the right spot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Anyone? :(

Is it the express bus service for IBM/Damastown your referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What city is this alleged bus route in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Erik Flat Pub

The same city that IBM are located

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

So, Cork airport business park yeah?

• Advertisement

So there's a bus to the IDA business park in Dangan, Galway that I've never heard of? Yeah, sure there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The OP is obviously referring to the Express Bus Route 870 which is known as the "IBM Express Bus".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So, Cork airport business park yeah?
    So there's a bus to the IDA business park in Dangan, Galway that I've never heard of? Yeah, sure there is.

Ah come on folks! The OP is obviously talking about Dublin (Dame Street, Central Bank, Navan Rd)

Enough of the inferiority complexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Anyone by any chance get this bus? I am going to start using it but I hear that it doesn't stop at all the stops listed on the website. For instance it says it stops the Londis Store next to central bank on Dame st but apparently it stops before central bank?

I'm specifically looking to get on at the Navan Rd stop before the roundabout, but want to be sure I'm waiting at the right spot!

I haven’t used this route but I have used the express bus to Ballycoolin(not sure of the route no).. that normally stops at the roundabout on the Navan rd(halfway house), as it is quite a busy stop.. but it doesn’t stop at every DB stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

You are welcome to check if Express Bus, a Dublin 15 company, have a route that is suitable for you too.

https://expressbus.ie/routes-and-fares/

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ah come on folks! The OP is obviously talking about Dublin (Dame Street, Central Bank, Navan Rd)

Enough of the inferiority complexes.

Obviously? You realise that 50% of the country don't live in Dublin, and have never heard of Express bus and an express bus being different things?

Seriously, if you want to ask about something, be specific enough so people can know what you're talking about. It's really not that difficult.

Obviously? You realise that 50% of the country don't live in Dublin, and have never heard of Express bus and an express bus being different things?

Seriously, if you want to ask about something, be specific enough so people can know what you're talking about. It's really not that difficult.

He was specific..you just need it explained a lot more .Is there a central bank on a dame street in cork and Galway aswell as a navan road??

I was more than specific enough for people who are in a position to answer my question. If you finished reading the OP with a confused look on your face then chances are you can't answer the question.

I haven’t used this route but I have used the express bus to Ballycoolin(not sure of the route no).. that normally stops at the roundabout on the Navan rd(halfway house), as it is quite a busy stop.. but it doesn’t stop at every DB stop!
    Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

FWIW i also agree that Dublin should have been specified. And I work in Dublin

This is why I never post on boards anymore. The same old inane bickering shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Also there's the 38D which pretty much goes direct to Damastown from the Ashtown roundabout.. at around 8:15am probably? (Leaves 07:40 from Burlington Road).

Advertisement