Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 24 - Captain Poll

• 20-01-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

I only have two of these but I decided on TAA a few weeks back

GW 24 Captain 195 votes

Bobby
    58% 114 votes
    Bobby TC
    1% 2 votes
    Mane
    0% 1 vote
    Mane TC
    5% 11 votes
    Salah
    5% 11 votes
    Salah TC
    7% 14 votes
    TAA
    13% 26 votes
    TAA TC
    3% 6 votes
    Other - WTF is wrong with you?
    5% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Used my TC in GW1 so it’s Mane as single captain for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Playing TC but cant decide on TAA, Mane or Salah!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah not sure on TC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah not sure on TC

I wasn’t myself but there was a spread shared in the General Chat thread & some interesting scores of all Liverpool 2 games where combined to make Double Weeks.

Would you consider 10-14 as an acceptable score for your TC?

Wasn’t there something done previous to show what the chip was worth?

Looking at the graph now, I think a TC is a very good chance of hitting a 10+ score regardless who you pick for Liverpool (famous last words)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I wasn’t myself but there was a spread shared in the General Chat thread & some interesting scores of all Liverpool 2 games where combined to make Double Weeks.

Would you consider 10-14 as an acceptable score for your TC?

Wasn’t there something done previous to show what the chip was worth?

Looking at the graph now, I think a TC is a very good chance of hitting a 10+ score regardless who you pick for Liverpool (famous last words)

I opted to WC instead of a TC on Mane or TAA. Liverpool won't rest any players unless they're coming off around 60-70th minute because they're 2/3 up.

I'll likely be sticking with TAA as Captain or VVD as both will get 180 minutes. Where as the others score depending may only get 160 or 140.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah TC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Accidentally voted TAA captain but I'll likely Salah TC. Have to watch yesterdays game first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Used the TC on Aguero last GW (:cool:) so going Mane this GW - he's bound to rip it up in one or both matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mane's form has dripped off a bit of late and Salah is very unpredictable. TAA seems the safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mané, though i'm not overly confident. Form would suggest a defender is a better bet, but it's two away games and i'd fancy Wolves to score in that game. Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Salah gets the triple armband :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

No one worried about rests/rotation? They are 16 points clear now.

Not really. Remaining unbeaten for the season is extra motivation. FA cup will see players rested. Then there's the international break after gw25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

8 days between Spurs and Man U, 5 to Wolves and 6 to West Ham (most won't play the cup).

They also have the mid season break coming up in 2 weeks.

Can't see there being much resting of the key assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

Is bobby TC the logical choice? I see salah and mane being rested. Think bobby will play both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's MoMoMo for me too.

He's due a mega haul sometime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They'll rest when they're dead. Or when they've won the league at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

All Mo and no Mo make Mo a Mo Mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Decided to TC. Have Mane, TAA, and Gomez.

So, between Mane and TAA. Currently on TAA, but expecting that to change many times before the deadline.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mane for me.

BB so no TC, going to hold the TC until I find a suitable CB in a crap team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wolves are 8/15 to score a goal in that game. West Ham are 8/13 to.

Trent has 45 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has 70 points from attacking returns.
    Mane has has 79 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has played a game less than Mane. Trent one more than Mane again.

This is an overly simplistic view of things, admittedly, and Trent is more likely to pick up bonus points if he does get returns, but I’m a lot more worried about a 4 point score from Trent than I am the other 2, and I wouldn’t say I’m especially more confident about a 20 plus score from him than I am the other 2 (Mane is the one who rules the roost with 6 double digit scores).

Milner remains injured and Salah is gonna get to take a penalty (-6 for a miss impending) at some stage soon right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

scotchy wrote: »
    Decided to TC. Have Mane, TAA, and Gomez.

So, between Mane and TAA. Currently on TAA, but expecting that to change many times before the deadline.

If you've got double pool defence I think you've really got to go Mane here - you're already really well covered for cleanies with two defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »
    Wolves are 8/15 to score a goal in that game. West Ham are 8/13 to.

Trent has 45 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has 70 points from attacking returns.
    Mane has has 79 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has played a game less than Mane. Trent one more than Mane again.

This is an overly simplistic view of things, admittedly, and Trent is more likely to pick up bonus points if he does get returns, but I’m a lot more worried about a 4 point score from Trent than I am the other 2, and I wouldn’t say I’m especially more confident about a 20 plus score from him than I am the other 2 (Mane is the one who rules the roost with 6 double digit scores).

Milner remains injured and Salah is gonna get to take a penalty (-6 for a miss impending) at some stage soon right?

The odds for a Liverpool clean sheet are very similar to Mane or Salah scoring a goal anytime. So little difference. Can only get one clean sheet of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Petrified

• Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dsmythy wrote: »
    The odds for a Liverpool clean sheet are very similar to Mane or Salah scoring a goal anytime. So little difference. Can only get one clean sheet of course.

Would be fairly certain Salah and Mane will both be odds on for a goal against West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hmm tempted by TAA TC but currently on salah. have mane too

Not a single vote for Bobby is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

shineon23 wrote: »
    Petrified

4 days between the game sunday and the first one Thursday. None of the first team will start against Shrewsbury at the weekend so that means 6 days rest before playing west ham.

And klopp isn't pep, so theres no reason to rotate. If he does, he does. Nothing you can do about.

I'd be far more petrified of leaving it till end of the season when full rotation might be in full effect when everything is over. I cant see klopp taking his foot off the pedal until they mathematically cannot lose. Not after last season. They are making sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

Voted team captain Mane but am going to change to triple captain Mane. Too much risk of Liverpool having the league wrapped up before the next double game week and this could be the best time to play the chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

manual_man wrote: »
    Not a single vote for Bobby is interesting

I am doing it. I feel it in my waters that it’s his week.

Advertisement