Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COBRA (Sky One) [** Spoilers **]

• 28-11-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/11/sky-one-sets-premiere-date-for-cobra-releases-first-look-trailer-images/

Sky One’s new political thriller COBRA will premiere on Friday January 17th

COBRA deals with an unfolding national emergency that threatens to engulf the country as the COBRA committee – a team comprised of Britain’s leading experts, crisis contingency planners and most senior politicians – fights to ensure the protection of the people of Great Britain Prime Minister Robert Sutherland, his Chief of Staff Anna Marshall, Contingency Planner Fraser Walker and Home Secretary Archie Glover-Morgan must contend with impossible political decisions, whilst also wrestling with ferociously pressured personal lives.

The six episode drama series stars Robert Carlyle, Victoria Hamilton, Richard Dormer, David Haig, Marsha Thomason and Lucy Cohu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms A.

Got to love that acronym.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This starts on Friday. John Fardy on Newstalk just said he had seen the first two episodes and they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just watched the first two...it’s gripping stuff.
    Really enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Have Virgin media with sky 1. where can I see episode 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Blanco100 wrote: »

Not until next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

All six episodes are up on NowTV. Premise sounds interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭moby2101

Blanco100 wrote: »
    All the episodes are there on your On Demand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭moby2101

Its pretty ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: Interesting premise and the episode had a spark to it..

BUT..

it has that feel of it might be one of those just-too-plain shows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm finding it a bit plodding and unbelievable -.just watched the 2nd episode is there something else going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I think its rubbish. I've given it two episodes and I've had enough. Not investing any more in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Watched them all yesterday. Twas ok. Kinda noddy stuff which you can have on but not fully paying attention while doing a bit of web browsing at the same time.

I like that kind of show though so I am probably biased. Can understand well why people others would not bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I watched Episode 3 despite not really liking it -
    I just find it hard to believe that things escalated into a Zombie Armageddon type situation just because of no power - I mean why was there a load of people in tents?
    Surely even without power the home would be warmer - they haven't really explained that and then the lynching etc, it's a bit Mad Max but just mad and really bad dialogue - the worst line "He isn't Freckles!" - the most unscary nickname ever! - Not for me but the other half likes it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Pretty boring, had to turn it off.

It's very flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Pretty boring, had to turn it off.

It's very flat.

Ah, well. Doctors differ and patients die. I've watched the first 5 and am really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Enjoyed this, silly as it is in places. Not the most brilliant TV but a fairly decent example of its genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched episode 1...I usually love this type of trash...but this was cliched and feels cheap.
    Waste of a decent cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I actually really enjoyed this. Some nice twists in it.

Has anyone watched all the episodes On Demand?

I was watching episode 6 last night and after the last ad break it started playing a previous episode (2, I think). I thought it was going to show an alternative ending that the solar flare went to the North Pole but it just showed what I already had seen and then went to final credits!

I’m very confused.

Edit: I can take away the spoilers. Just googled my problem and it appears there’s been a glitch in the Sky system. What I watched in the final quarter was an earlier episode :D Also, some people saying episodes on demand are not in order. This only affects those who downloaded and it may be resolved by deleting downloads and starting again. I’ll check this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Has anyone watched all the episodes On Demand?

Yes, I downloaded each episode one at a time. No problems.
    Also, some people saying episodes on demand are not in order. This only affects those who downloaded and it may be resolved by deleting downloads and starting again. I’ll check this tonight.

They were all in order for me. I watched the final episode on the evening of the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Half way through it, and fairly average and formulaic so far.

Kind of show I could stop watching now and I wouldn't be least bit concerned.

5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A damp squib of an effort, and the most far-fetched thing that I noticed was that the Tories seemed to care what happened to those "ruffians" up North.

It must have been a "propaganda" special commissioned by Murdoch himself. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Finally got to watch this yesterday. Watched the first two episodes. Thought it was very good. Had a longer post wrote but deleted it by mistake maybe for the best. Thought some parts could have been better namely the big crash but the fire at the hotel and the part with the drugs. How the fire started was well done if nasty the way it happened. Poor fecker. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Renewed for a 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Not sure what they'll do with a second season.

Thought the political stuff was a bit pedestrian, prefered the focus on the impact up North. With the way
    it ended it would look like it would be mainly political season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really enjoyed it! Looking forward to season 2.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-02-12/cobra-season-2-sky-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The last three episodes were much better. The part with the transformer and the bridge was a bit cringy do. I enjoyed most of it. Be interesting to see what they do for season 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just started and finished watching it this weekend, even though most episodes were gripping I thought it fizzled out at the end.

But I thought it was good at capturing the whole "left/right/elites/establishment/entitlement/diversity/Twitter/echo chamber/filter bubble" world we live in, in the sense that neither side has a monopoly on being correct or doing the correct thing.

It's a bit scary too, seeing as we are in an international crisis like no other we have known and how law and order can breakdown if things get out of hand.

Just watched this over the week and while not the greatest however seeing what is happening in the US this weekend with protests and civil uprising they actually got the effects of that right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Series 2 out on October 15th on Sky.

Advertisement