Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review my page.

• 16-01-2020 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

Hi. Can I ask You guys to tell me all what do You think about my page??, Bad and good opinion, can You figure out what is about?, if not what will be Your suggestions??. I'm working on this for over year. www.sendit.ie is the link. I understand there is loads to do.

Thank You for all bad and good opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

404 not found for me

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

404 not found for me

https://sendit.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ Keyla Enough Software

chrabo wrote: »
    I think it's great. On the main page, maybe a clearer synopsis of what users can do on the site in a more prominent place.

That's if you twisted my arm for a criticism, I just had to click around to figure out what exactly the purpose of the site was. So someone less intelligent than your average person might have a hard time figuring out what it does.

Cool service though and very tidy formatting.

Thank You for Your time and review

Sorry last question, where did You get 404, soon as You click in www link??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

there is a typo in the opening paragraph

This place was established to provide finest package service

this is not good english.

should read

this service was established to provide the finest package service

Will fix it now.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

Also I'd suggest you add in your address & phone number. many dodgy sites don't & not having it puts people off

Edit- this is on assumption this is a live business and not a test site.

good point. Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

good point. Thank You

Looking at it on mobile view, looks good. Clear and easy to navigate. Haven't registered or checked through the jobs, but if those pages are similar standard then you have a good site

• Advertisement

Yes, it's live now since Saturday, We will work hard in next 2-3 days to mark 90% score on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

I'm a linguist not a technie, just landed on your post and had a v quick look. I suggest following (home page):

We provide a two-way communication -> We provide two-way communication

You are in the best place, to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches it's destination. -> You are in the best place to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches its destination.

needs your help to deliver his package to another destination -> needs your help to deliver his or her package to another destination

FWIW the website reads clearly and is straightforward. Best of luck with it!

Hi.
    Thank You for your review, can You please explain it again, as We can't understand :)

I'm a linguist not a technie, just landed on your post and had a v quick look. I suggest following (home page):

We provide a two-way communication -> We provide two-way communication

You are in the best place, to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches it's destination. -> You are in the best place to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches its destination.

needs your help to deliver his package to another destination -> needs your help to deliver his or her package to another destination

FWIW the website reads clearly and is straightforward. Best of luck with it!

Hi.
    Thank You for your review, can You please explain it again, as We can't understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just a randome internet user here, nit a techie or business person.

Looks very neat and tidy on mobile.

If I was a potential customer and read "Forward the package to the carrier." I'd probably wonder why the courier can't pick it up from me.

Also don't.know about the pop-up asking me if I need help. I'd prefer to just get into the site myself.

Just a randome internet user here, nit a techie or business person.

Looks very neat and tidy on mobile.

If I was a potential customer and read "Forward the package to the carrier." I'd probably wonder why the courier can't pick it up from me.

Also don't.know about the pop-up asking me if I need help. I'd prefer to just get into the site myself.

Yes good point, We working now with copywriter to get fix all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Why no HTTPS?

hgfj wrote: »
    Why no HTTPS?

Hi it is HTTPS :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hi.

the part after the arrow -> is their suggestion of the new text you should have to read better than what is there before it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

SEND person should be on the left, DELIVER on the right, perhaps with a right pointing arrow between them and another right pointing arrow to the right of that (to the destination).
    You have a nice red arrow in the SENDIT logo. Use that again between the sender and carrier, but bigger.
    You could bring everything up the screen a little. I do not see the ankles and shoes.

This bit reads as a continuous line.
    "As a Carrier, pick a job, post your offer and deliver the package! As a Customer, post a job, receive offers and pick the cheapest!"
    You need to split it to show each bit of text with each image.
    If possible I would like it split and shown in an arc above each image.
    Change this
    "As a Customer, post a job, receive offers, and pick the cheapest!" As a Carrier, pick a job, post your offer, and deliver the package!
    (You need to put the customer first. The delivery person does not request a customer to provide a package. It starts with the sender.)

You do not need to use the word "First" in "First transport marketplace in Ireland" ... perhaps "IRELAND'S TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE"
    I think "IRELAND'S TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE" should be on the top line after the SENDIT logo.

Why has the sender one eye closed? What are the two things projecting upwards from his parcel?
    ................................................................................
    "About Sendit
    This place was created to join carriers and package senders. We provide a two-way communication between those groups, which makes package sending and delivery easier than ever before. You are in the best place, to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches it's destination.
    That's not all!
    If you're a carrier, with the help of our service, you can quickly find a customer, who needs your help to deliver his package to another destination." – 85 words

"Sendit joins senders and carriers."
    – 5 words

Golden Rule - remove unnecessary words
    And get rid of all exclamation marks (!)

................................................................................
    I am reading the biography of Ian Fleming, the writer of the James Bond books.
    He says "Don't be depressed if the first draft seems a bit raw, all first drafts do. Don't worry about what you put in, it can always be cut out."

• Advertisement

SEND person should be on the left, DELIVER on the right, perhaps with a right pointing arrow between them and another right pointing arrow to the right of that (to the destination).
    You have a nice red arrow in the SENDIT logo. Use that again between the sender and carrier, but bigger.
    You could bring everything up the screen a little. I do not see the ankles and shoes.

This bit reads as a continuous line.
    "As a Carrier, pick a job, post your offer and deliver the package! As a Customer, post a job, receive offers and pick the cheapest!"
    You need to split it to show each bit of text with each image.
    If possible I would like it split and shown in an arc above each image.
    Change this
    "As a Customer, post a job, receive offers, and pick the cheapest!" As a Carrier, pick a job, post your offer, and deliver the package!
    (You need to put the customer first. The delivery person does not request a customer to provide a package. It starts with the sender.)

You do not need to use the word "First" in "First transport marketplace in Ireland" ... perhaps "IRELAND'S TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE"
    I think "IRELAND'S TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE" should be on the top line after the SENDIT logo.

Why has the sender one eye closed? What are the two things projecting upwards from his parcel?
    "About Sendit
    This place was created to join carriers and package senders. We provide a two-way communication between those groups, which makes package sending and delivery easier than ever before. You are in the best place, to find a carrier, who will take care of your package and make sure it safely reaches it's destination.
    That's not all!
    If you're a carrier, with the help of our service, you can quickly find a customer, who needs your help to deliver his package to another destination." – 85 words

"Sendit joins senders and carriers."
    – 5 words

Golden Rule - remove unnecessary words
    And get rid of all exclamation marks (!)

I am reading the biography of Ian Fleming, the writer of the James Bond books.
    He says "Don't be depressed if the first draft seems a bit raw, all first drafts do. Don't worry about what you put in, it can always be cut out."

Thank Very much !

it strikes me that english is not your first language?

Wesser wrote: »
    it strikes me that english is not your first language?

Yes it's not. But we got copywriter to get this sorted.

The english on your website.... and in all your communications.... needs to be perfect.

It would put me off if i saw typos in a website.

I hope you did not pay someone to write that website in english. it is littered with mistakes.

Hi all

We did a lot changes in last few day's, Please visit site again
    www.sendit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Nice clean site , easy to follow and understand.

I would change this line ……

"your precious things will go straight from your doors to the receiver’s place"

to:

"your precious items will go straight from your door to the receiver"

Other that that all seems ok to me anyway.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It is improving. I suggest these changes:

About Sendit
    Sendit was created to make a package delivery as simple as possible. We
    provide a platform where Senders and Carriers can easily communicate with each other to land the best deals.

Sendit makes delivery as simple as possible.
    Senders and Carriers communicate with each other to agree the best deal.
    ......................................................................................................
    As a Carrier, here on Sendit you don’t have to share your profit with a company you work for.
    Carriers don’t share their profits with other companies.
    ......................................................................................................
    I do not understand this comment. Are you telling carriers to overcharge senders?
    See how much you can get!

Thank You everyone for help.

We did a lot work on it also We open a blog to help with contact with customers

https://blog.sendit.ie/

Advertisement