Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peter Rabbit

• 17-03-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi all, has anyone with children seen the Peter Rabbit film? Did you enjoy it and what would you score it on a scale of 1 to 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I saw it a few weekends ago. It was probably a 2.5 out of 5. It was more entertaining than I expected and the kids in the audience definitely seemed to enjoy it. But it isnt a masterpiece by any means. There were some laughs though, and I thought Domhnall Gleeson in particular was quite good in his role. He has a very expressive face and seems well-suited for physical comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I saw it a few weekends ago. It was probably a 2.5 out of 5. It was more entertaining than I expected and the kids in the audience definitely seemed to enjoy it. But it isnt a masterpiece by any means. There were some laughs though, and I thought Domhnall Gleeson in particular was quite good in his role. He has a very expressive face and seems well-suited for physical comedy.

Meta, that seems to be the general consensus of the film critics I've listened to on the radio, but I'm sure the kids will enjoy it more than us. Especially since I believe that this Peter is a more naughty rabbit than the historic one I knew as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Don't have kids but I enjoyed it. Vastly different from the original stories but that's to be expected as they're over 100 years old.

I gave it 3.5 out of 5 which equates to "I liked it".

Subverted plenty of tropes which sets it apart from other 'by the numbers' live action/animation kids movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Meta, that seems to be the general consensus of the film critics I've listened to on the radio, but I'm sure the kids will enjoy it more than us. Especially since I believe that this Peter is a more naughty rabbit than the historic one I knew as a child.

He is a much more naughty rabbit than in the source material, and the kids in audience really responded to that. But there's also some heart to it as well. I think the kids will enjoy it and the adults will probably be entertained too.

Thanks Meta. I appreciate your responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Went with our two over the weekend (both 7yo) & they loved it. Thought Domnall Gleeson was very good in it I have to say. 3/5 for me & a 4/5 for the kids:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Seen this today with the kids. Have to say I really enjoyed it. Lots of kids getting a good laugh out of it too. Better then the usual hurry up & be over kids crap they normally roll out.

I saw Domhnall Gleeson around town last week. He's very tall and seems like a really nice lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,805 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gleeson is good, would rate it 3 out of 5, not as good as Paddington

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
Advertisement