Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinbase fee's

• 14-01-2020 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice on coinbase and the fees they're charging for buying and selling coin.

I'm finding it very difficult to make profit on an investment as the fees for buying and selling are making it tough. Is it the fact that my investment was too small and a bigger one would work out better? Or is it just luck that stock haven't risen enough?

Might be a silly question but I'm relatively new to this so I'm hoping for some advice from the more experienced ones who have made profit on it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

E46Dream wrote: »
    Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice on coinbase and the fees they're charging for buying and selling coin.

I'm finding it very difficult to make profit on an investment as the fees for buying and selling are making it tough. Is it the fact that my investment was too small and a bigger one would work out better? Or is it just luck that stock haven't risen enough?

Might be a silly question but I'm relatively new to this so I'm hoping for some advice from the more experienced ones who have made profit on it. Thanks
    Are you trading on coinbase or coinbase pro, the pro version has better trading rates using limit orders, trading was free up to about 12 months ago, now they charge a fee, not sure how much but much less than coinbase , same login for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

august12 wrote: »
    Are you trading on coinbase or coinbase pro, the pro version has better trading rates using limit orders, trading was free up to about 12 months ago, now they charge a fee, not sure how much but much less than coinbase , same login for both.

Ah I was using the original app just downloaded the coinbase pro app and logged in, seems a little more complicated but that's probably for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Are they fixed fees or % based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Last time I traded which is over a year, it was a fixed fee I think, not sure what the structure is, it's on the site as far as I know if you check under the account tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SauNewb

Join Binance.
    I have used it for a while now and it is great in terms of cost.
    Looks secure as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Coinbase pro fees are %-based, 0.5% at the entry-level (up to $10k of trades in a rolling 30-day period)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Coinbase charge a fee as well as charging a higher price for the bitcoin.

Move it to pro and it is much cheaper. You do pay a fee but it is much lower.

Advertisement