Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Square strike Wedge

• 12-01-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

https://youtu.be/8gwwqCpVMow

Seen this pop up alot when im watching golf videos on YouTube.
    Anyone bought one of these??? And if so was it of any use. Rick Shiels gives it a good recommendation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Anyone bought one of these??? And if so was it of any use. Rick Shiels gives it a good recommendation

I'd consider myself as having a half decent shortgame but I have to say I've been tempted to get one of these and pop it in the bag, what I would say is,if you are struggling with your chipping then definitely get one

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Before you decide,check out Mazel Wedge on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think I'd much rather spend my money on a couple of chipping lessons from a Pro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Click youtube link.. BOOM.
    "C3i Exclusive Autoglyde Extreme 2.0 sole" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Do you have a spare space in your bag? From what I've heard, it's a very limited club. You can basically play a low bump chip, but cant do much else.

If you only play 13 clubs & are in really bad shape, you could give it a try. It basically looks like a fancy version of a jigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Rick Shiels only recommended it for certain types of chips.
    He did not recommend it for high flighted chips or flops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Add for it is constantly popping up on youtube when searching anything golf related. Sick of waiting 5 seconds for it to finish..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Add for it is constantly popping up on youtube when searching anything golf related. Sick of waiting 5 seconds for it to finish..

yeah, between the Square Strike, C3i and the Moon Wood, you could put together an interesting bag of clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

I picked this up in the end. Iv only had 3 or 4 practice sessions with it so far.
    It's worth mentioning I'm terrible at Chipping actually got to the stage where I feared standing over a chip shot.
    Long story short I find this a easier club to chip with and have abit of confidence with it and it can be played from 70 yards and in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Its definitely a very inconsistent part of my game so I have watched a few of the videos.

There's a Youtube channel called "Stacked Golf" where a couple go to thrift shops and yard sales buying second hand clubs and usually hit them at the end of the video and he hits full shots nicely but hes the type who can pick up just about any club and hit it well.

While Rick Shiels said it was more suited to certain types of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

tvercetti wrote: »
    Its definitely a very inconsistent part of my game so I have watched a few of the videos.

There's a Youtube channel called "Stacked Golf" where a couple go to thrift shops and yard sales buying second hand clubs and usually hit them at the end of the video and he hits full shots nicely but hes the type who can pick up just about any club and hit it well.

While Rick Shiels said it was more suited to certain types of chips.

Have a look at Rick shiels 36 club challenge if you get a chance. A real eye opener regarding this club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

It's a chipper - no sure I agree about the good review. If you can't chip for toffee there are better chippers out there like the odyssey one

Advertisement