Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

App with ghost mode

• 12-01-2020 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I run a regular route close to where I live. I would like to be able to take that run and track it and then use that run or subsequent runs as a barometer for the next run. Would love to be able to see clearly where I was at my best run vs this run each time I go out. What is the best app for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Faze11 wrote: »
    I run a regular route close to where I live. I would like to be able to take that run and track it and then use that run or subsequent runs as a barometer for the next run. Would love to be able to see clearly where I was at my best run vs this run each time I go out. What is the best app for this?
    Strava. Create a segment of the route and set it to private. Although trying to out run yourself probably isn't the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You don't need to create a segment, it'll compare the same route even if there's none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I get the impression by the use of the word ghost that it's an app that gives 'in run' info that's being looked for.....something like the red WR line that can be seen during swimming coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I get the impression by the use of the word ghost that it's an app that gives 'in run' info that's being looked for.....something like the red WR line that can be seen during swimming coverage?

Don’t think watch GPS accuracy is good enough though to give you anything more than a guide. The margin of error is too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

My old Garmin watch had a virtual runner feature where you could see if you were ahead or behind a virtual runner but that was working off average pace, not actual previous run data.

Having said that, it is a really bad idea to try and beat you personal best at every run. It's a 100% bullet proof way to get injured very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Isn't it possible to use the follow route option to show the pacing that you did on a previous run as well?

But as others said, don't worry about how long the training runs are taking. It's the races where time matters.

Advertisement