Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost in Space (Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, it feels like more than a year since this came out; there was so little news on a season 2, I'd kinda just assumed Netflix quietly killed the show. Not like they don't have form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looking forward to it, was a very underrated show first time around, which knowing Netflix means it'll probably get cancelled after this run, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm going to have to rewatch the first season before Christmas to remind myself what happened.

Another trailer, and it looks epic; some spectacular FX that wouldn't look out of place in a movie. Given how few waves season 1 made though, I'm presuming this will be the last season TBH:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given how few waves season 1 made though, I'm presuming this will be the last season TBH:

Hope not, I loved the first season, would be great if this lasted a couple more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks better than Disney Star Wars

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

The new season of this has dropped today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Blooper in episode 2 -
    they show the broken ladder scattered on the alien ship before it gets broken

"7 months later", aka, how the production gets around a growth spurt :D

• Advertisement

Only on to episode 7 but it's a lot slower paced and lots of melodrama (the flashbacks meh) and missing the robot, in fact
    having all the other crew just distracts from the story. Also the suddenly metal dissolving 'bacteria' that only suddenly started to do its stuff? Lazy writing for a predicament story line

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Only watched 2 episodes so far but have to say it has still been very good. If you are into it then might be best to watch the first episode anytime over the next couple of days as it might feel weird watching it in the New Year. You will see why after watching. Of the two episodes the second one is definatly the best but the first episode builds up to it. I have to say the cgi and scale of the ship in this is really good and the detail too.

Up to episode 5 now as thy are linked and alll very good so far. I have to say that episode 5 is very emotional episode. Be ready with the tissues. Lots of backstory in this episode too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

fritzelly wrote: »
    Only on to episode 7 but it's a lot slower paced and lots of melodrama (the flashbacks meh) and missing the robot, in fact
    having all the other crew just distracts from the story. Also the suddenly metal dissolving 'bacteria' that only suddenly started to do its stuff? Lazy writing for a predicament story line

[/QUOTE]
    I had no problem with that, They obviosly disturbed something on the planet at that stage maybe when drilling that made that happen

I just finished watching all the episodes there now. I have to say I really enjoyed it but from the last quater of the 8th episode on the the writing and story seemed to be all over the place.
    First of all the captain barely appeared in episode 8 at all. What the hell like. Hastings seemed to have full control when he should not be anywhere near the bridge. The man was a selfish shi. Concerned about nothing but himself. Meanwhile the Captain was no where to be seen till near the end and she suddenly pops up. There was other parts too that either seemed rushed or just badly joined up. Parts to do with the work pods and getting back to the ship when at one stage they were way of course. It did make up for all this do with a very interesting ending to the season. Going to be interesting to see what happens in season 3.

So overall Excluding the bad parts of the last two episodes I would give the season 8 out of 10.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Only watched two episodes so far but I find it atrocious, first season had some charm but not bothering with the rest of this one. Visually it's very good to be fair, but very little else going for it.

It was very good but not really spectacular in my view. Maybe aimed a little too young.
    I'd rate it's chances at getting a season 3 50/50 at best.

I like how it's a relatively non violent show where characters have to use their wits to win the day. If nothing else it makes a change from the usual formula where the main cast use their brains - even if decisions aren't always the best ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

As a family show for watching with a family I think it's great.

Last couple of episodes in the be season might have been a bit ott.

Ms

Homelander wrote: »
    Only watched two episodes so far but I find it atrocious, first season had some charm but not bothering with the rest of this one. Visually it's very good to be fair, but very little else going for it.

There is some really good episodes in this season. Stick with it. It is a family show after all. I thought the 2nd season better than the first.

Maybe but I liked it. Be interesting to see what they do now with no Resolute.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    There is some really good episodes in this season. Stick with it. It is a family show after all. I thought the 2nd season better than the first.

Maybe but I liked it. Be interesting to see what they do now with no Resolute.

You tell someone to keep watching and then drop in a massive spoiler. SMH

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    You tell someone to keep watching and then drop in a massive spoiler. SMH

I did not mean that. I should have spoilerd it your right.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

flazio wrote: »
    It was very good but not really spectacular in my view. Maybe aimed a little too young.
    I'd rate it's chances at getting a season 3 50/50 at best.

It is one of the few shows these days you can watch with all the family. Not all shows have to have OTT sex and violence. I hope it does get a new series.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I got bored of the first season but went back and binged it up to the end of the new season. It’s fine, formulaic bits where some brainwave bit of pseudoscience is used to solve every problem is to be expected. The villains are more three dimensional at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

When I look at the streaming services the vast majority of decent movies and series are 15+ so we've really enjoyed Lost in Space for family watching. The problems has been keeping us all in Synch.

Yeah, there's a race to follow HBO's pattern of explicitly adult (in all meanings of the word) entertainment that has meant simple family, all ages shows have fallen by the wayside. Even those still broadcasting have even become more adult as they've run, Stranger Things was borderline in season 1 but the third just gone ramped up the gore big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Very solid season 2. I thought things got a bit repetitive for the first few episodes but then things kick up a notch and it escalate fairly quickly around episode 4/5.

I thought they did a great job with Dr. Smith as well. The character was very annoying in the first season, but here, she’s more complex, they leaned more into Poseys comedic chops with some very funny lines, great timing and facial expressions, all while maintaining her ruthless streak.

The last few episodes were epic. It had a very cinematic feel and look.

I really like this show. It’s got a good heart. Proper big budget spectacle with some nice core values and great cast. I hope it gets another season.

It got renewed for Season 3.
    But that's where it ends.
    https://twitter.com/lostinspacetv/status/1237091338425749504?s=19

Good to hear, though never imagined it'd be one to run and run. Always looked very expensive, with the season just gone featuring action that wouldn't look out of place in a blockbuster. It wasn't ever a stellar hit so must have been one circling the drain. I've enjoyed it throughout though, a functional, boilerplate show that always entertained

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Good stuff.
    I think 3 seasons is fair enough. Seems to be the standard for Netflix these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Final season drops December 1st

• Advertisement

Someone is becoming a man...

Advertisement