Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing 92 vs Munster, Sun 12th Jan 3:15pm, BT Sport

• 11-01-2020 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

RACING 92
    15. Brice Dulin, 14. Teddy Thomas, 13. Virimi Vakatawa, 12. Henry Chavancy (c), 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Finn Russell, 9. Teddy Iribaren,
    1. Eddy Ben Arous, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Ben Tameifuna, 4. Boris Palu, 5. Dominic Bird, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Bernard Le Roux, 8. Antonie Claassen.

Replacements:
    16. Teddy Baubigny, 17. Hassane Kolingar, 18. Cedate Gomes Sa, 19. Donnacha Ryan, 20. Fabien Sanconnie, 21. Maxime Machenaud, 22. Ben Volavola, 23. Olivier Klemenczak,

MUNSTER RUGBY
    15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. JJ Hanrahan, 9. Conor Murray,
    1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. Stephen Archer, 4. Jean Kleyn, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Jack O'Donoghue, 8. CJ Stander.

Replacements:
    16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. Jeremy Loughman, 18. John Ryan, 19. Arno Botha, 20. Chris Cloete, 21. Craig Casey, 22. Dan Goggin, 23. Shane Daly,

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)

AR1: Christophe Ridley (England)

AR2: Paul Dix (England)

TMO: Rowan Kitt (England)

Pool 4 standings:
    Racing 17
    Saracens 14
    Munster 11
    Ospreys 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Real look of knife to a gunfight off that Munster backrow. O'Donoghue is a fine 6/8 but doesn't appear to have the instincts of an openside. O'Mahony doesn't possess the physical tools for blindside. It would be much better in my opinion to put him at 7 and ask him to use his reading of the game to support play. Stander is such a hard worker, and can pull out inspirational moments, but he's not really a footballer, which is a problem from your number 8. Putting him in at blindside would be a better fit. He could get to work without having to make too many decisions.

Winning the backrow battle is almost invariably key to any Irish success on the rugby field. I'm not sure this unit, in this configuration, has it in them to have enough positive influence. For me, 6. Stander, 7. POM, 8. Botha was the combination to go for, especially on this fast, fake pitch, where ball-carrying and winning momentum has heightened importance. You'd have another carrier to take the pressure off Stander (he's always better with another backrow carrier alongside him), and having two brutes with him would free up O'Mahony to concentrate on the cerebral stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Would rather CJ 6, POM or Cloete 7 and JOD 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hate to say it but Munster could get absolutely hockeyed here.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mfceiling wrote: »
    Hate to say it but Munster could get absolutely hockeyed here.

That's how I see it currently.

Munster aren't playing well, finding it hard to score tries (7 so far versus Ospreys 11 is embarrassing)

If racing open up it could be very ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Will require a massive performance from Munster to keep this a close game. Bench isn't exactly the strongest either if things start to go pear-shaped, the decision to go without a lock could turn out to be a big one.

I think they have it in them but will need everything to go right and bank on their defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Would rather CJ 6, POM or Cloete 7 and JOD 8.

Personally I don't want cloete anywhere near a medium important game, let alone a season defining one.

For some reason I feel like a win is on the cards today, even given the clear disadvantage in terms of teams named.

Probably just supporter mist, but still, I'm calling a Munster win now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Munster by 3. Racing as expected with the named teams to have all the eye catching moments etc but munster with their defence to cling on. Racing brilliant yet flaky and Munster to pick off their inevitable mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I'll believe JJ is starting when I see him on the field at kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Donnacha Ryan out.

Big loss to not have him out there starting.

• Advertisement

Donnacha Ryan out.

Big loss to not have him out there starting.

Great news

Nervous about this one but a win isn't beyond Munster. Intensity needs to be there for 80 minutes and the pack need to give JJ some time on the ball and breathing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Benjamin Kaysar has strikingly good English for a Frenchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Benjamin Kaysar has strikingly good English for a Frenchie.

He played for Leicester for a few season.

Buer wrote: »
    He played for Leicester for a few season.

Yeah, I think it is more the lack of a strong french accent maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭swiwi_

LOL. Barnes trying to make the scrum mark with his studs. Welcome to artificial turf Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My missus just goes "Dulin, du Vin, du Boursin"

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There was zero need for Russell to take that quickly. Was also a poor pass. Died a death just before it reached the recipient.

Clegg wrote: »
    There was zero need for Russell to take that quickly. Was also a poor pass. Died a death just before it reached the recipient.

Ah, it was into his hands and he didn't have to reach. Player was looking downfield as ball reached him.

Munster have started just how they need. Strangle this for a bit with a couple of three pointers and Racing will Racing.

Exactly the start Munster needed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Murray is an awful weak point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Strange to hear a French crowd go quiet for a kicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

0-6..keep grinding...I'll take a tight game all day long!!

Murray is an awful weak point.

He's not. He put in a poor kick. Before that he had a very good opening 10 minutes and ran the show for Munster's drive leading to the first score.

Buer wrote: »
    He's not. He put in a poor kick. Before that he had a very good opening 10 minutes and ran the show for Munster's drive leading to the first score.
    This!

Munster get the next score and I don't see Racing really getting into the game.

Munster doing what Ulster should have done yesterday.

If JJs hamstrung is ok after some of the tackles he's been involved in he's the finest.

That's garbage from Kleyn.

Idiot.

• Advertisement

Idiotic from Kleyn

Advertisement