Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Megathread

• 14-12-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Currently playing Resi 1 remake and Resi 4 HD, thought might be handy to have a mega thread as there's so many games in the series.

For 1, did anyone lose saves on ps4? I was half way through my game with Jill last time i played but booting it up, looks like I'm an hour into a playthrough with Chris. Checked my trophies and my jill playthrough was in 2015. Ah ****, got my pro since then, probably never uploaded my saves to the cloud which i i actually did but this must haves been missed. Want to do a speed run with jill before Resi 3.

Bought 4 for 8 dollars (feck off Gamestop with your 40 euro for a used copy!). Instantly felt like i wouldn't play much because of the horrendous controls but just started chapter 1-2 and ****ing loving it. Forgot it was all about the stun to roundhouse kick combo :)

Also wasn't to get Resi 2 again as i never played there 2nd route with Claire.

Anyone have Resi plans for over Christmas. Buzzing for Resi 3 and Resi 8 looks like it might be next gen with how late it's getting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to give Resident Evil 7 for PSVR a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Would absolutely love to try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I disconnected my PSVR last year and it is gathering dust since. I bought a new copy of RE7 to replay as when I first played it in VR it was one of the most intense gaming experience I've ever had. Thoughts of all those wires though means I procrastinate rather than set up again. Off work for two weeks from next Friday though so hopefully can get round to it.

I absolutely love RE1 remake. I have the origins collection there. I've started and stopped RE0 a few times. Hasn't grabbed me like the others. Would like to finish it though.

I was the same as you zero with RE4. Bought the HD collection but really struggled with the controls initially. Didn't think I'd be able to play but eventually got used to them. It's a good game but I honestly prefer the earlier Survival Horror entries in the series.

Now to contradict myself on that last point. I played RE6 a few months back and had an absolute blast playing it. Yes, it's as far away from the series roots as it gets but the over the top set pieces had me grinning from ear to ear. Absolutely insane boss battles in it. It has a bad rep, probably deserved, but I loved it.

My favourites are probably RE2 and RE1 remakes. Looking forward to 3 remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cant wait for RE3 remake, Nemesis was my favourite game back in the day. Been waiting a long time for this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,556 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Despite loving 1-5, i could never bring myself to play through 6 on the 360.

Should I bother getting it on Switch, now that i've played every inch of 4 again? (as if it's not the best thing ever).

Really want to do the 3d RE7, but can't justify splashing out right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Resi 7 is a fiver in the Microsoft store atm welyk worth a pop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Despite loving 1-5, i could never bring myself to play through 6 on the 360.

Should I bother getting it on Switch, now that i've played every inch of 4 again? (as if it's not the best thing ever).

Really want to do the 3d RE7, but can't justify splashing out right now.

Resi 6 is just an awful awful game. Don't bother.

I forgot how annoying it was too mind Ashley :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played the first part of RE6 with Leon and liked that it was kinda old school horror.

Then the sh1t started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1207036612254654464?s=19

Can I just put this here in the hope they remake these games too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

this would be brilliant, recently replayed this on my psclassic, forgot how tough it was

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

My favorite RE spin off games are Outbreak File #1 and Outbreak File #2. I'd love to dust them off and play them again. Leech Man from 1 and the zombie elephant from 2 *shudder*

My favorite RE spin off games are Outbreak File #1 and Outbreak File #2. I'd love to dust them off and play them again. Leech Man from 1 and the zombie elephant from 2 *shudder*

I was really hoping the project resistance was more like Outbreak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1207036612254654464?s=19

Can I just put this here in the hope they remake these games too

Jill's hidden costume in RE3 was Regina from DC1 if I recall. I wasn't mad about DC1 to be honest but I really enjoyed 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't know there was so much depth to the Mercenaries mode. It's got the same amount of crazy depth as a DMC game.

But then most people wouldn't be interested in Mercenaries and would just play the campaign which is not only a miserable experience but also a totally broken one.

I'll go so far as to say that Chris's campaign was the worst gaming experience I had all of last gen. It barely works and is so badly balanced I just found myself struggling for ammo which just totally broke the game.

RE5 has issues but it's more that the lack of distinct set pieces and bland level design but it's not utterly broken like RE6 can be.

And Chris punching a boulder is way better than Chris punching a shark.

As for the films, i saw I'd say the first half of the 1st film before realising they were going off the rails in a very **** direction. This clip popped up on my recommended list on YouTube. It's completely stupid and brilliant at the same time. Anyone watch all the films?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭Evade

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As for the films, i saw I'd say the first half of the 1st film before realising they were going off the rails in a very **** direction. This clip popped up on my recommended list on YouTube. It's completely stupid and brilliant at the same time. Anyone watch all the films?
    I think I've seen all of them. They're bonkers but good in an over the top kind of way. The funniest thing is how they try to incorporate new things from the games just because like Jill's heart control device from the RE5 game.

Apocalypse was the best of them, it was actually enjoyable in a very OTT way! The series went completely downhill from there, especially with the depiction of Wesker

I think the movie introduced Nemesis' minigun, he had it in other games after the movie (for example ORC) but before that all he had was his rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've seen all the films. Liked the first 1 but they went downhill from there.
    I've only played REMake and Resi 2 on gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm not much into speedrunning/AGDQ scene but this REMake 2 run was pretty fun to watch - the commentary & runner had good synergy.

• Advertisement

The actress who originally played Rebecca Chambers in RE 1 was only credited as Linda. Some lad actually tracked her down for an interview. She never saw her performance in the game, had no idea how popular the game had become and didn't even remember doing the gig until the guy interviewed her about it.

Bizarre resi news over the holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Can anybody recommend me a Resident Evil game to play so I can fill the time waiting for Resident Evil 3 remake to be released. I already played Resident Evil 2 remake last year. It was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭Evade

RE 1 Remake and RE7 if you haven't played them. They're a little different the RE2 Remake. RE1 is still like the old games, fixed camera etc, and RE7 is first person.

Zero isn't bad either, I enjoyed it

Zero isn't bad either, I enjoyed it

I'm currently playing this. It would be great if they hadn't changed the inventory management system. Finding that part frustrating. Other than that it's good old Survival Horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I managed to take advantage of a mis-price on the MS store and pick up all the RE games up as far as 6 for something like 18 euro last year. Out of that batch the only ones I made a stab at were RE1 and 4. Enjoyed 4 but the controls got the better of me, think I might have been expecting to be able to run and gun too much which I've since found out isn't what the controls were designed to do.

I've since bought 7 and RE2 Remake. RE2 Remake was the first one I finished and I think it gave me a real appreciation for the good aspects of a RE game, which I found out are more about puzzle solving than zombie blasting. Must get back and play 7 now and then maybe make a decent run at the first one again with a new perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I have the Origins Collection (0 & 1) enroute to me via base.com (fyi - £12 including postage). Any recommendations on whether it's best to play in order (i.e. play 0 first then 1) or not?

Just play 1. It's a much, much better game. Resident Evil 0 isn't that great but it will be there if you want a bit more resident evil fun.

Agree with Retro, play 1 first. It's absolutely brilliant. Playing 0 first could possibly turn you off trying 1.This is my third time starting to play 0. It's good but some of the changes they made lead to more frustration than anything. I'm going to persevere though. Think I'm further now than previous attempts.

• Advertisement

Wish I could play Resi 1 fresh. I bought a Gamecube back in the day just to play the remake.

Think it's worth also playing the original Resi as the Remake is such a big change over the original that they both compliment each other and the original is still great.

Advertisement