Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season Ticket 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

dobman88 wrote: »
    What's the difference between renewing and buying a ticket for the first time? Why would they be devastated they couldn't renew when they can just buy some

They are Mayo season ticket so are only available for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

Got my Dublin ticket renewed today. I’ve ironed out a few bugs in the application.

They’ve been prompt in emails and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

Is this still available? When I try to register here https://seasonticket.gaa.ie/register the page just refreshes and clears my details

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

h2005 wrote: »
    Is this still available? When I try to register here https://seasonticket.gaa.ie/register the page just refreshes and clears my details

Try here....
    https://seasonticket.matchbox.ie/register

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

kaizersoze wrote: »

Brilliant thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So I have 2 season tickets on my account, 1 in my name, the other is my brothers.

Yesterday I received 4 cards, 2 for each of us. 4 unique card numbers.

No explanation, any idea why there are 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Be careful they don’t start taking double money once championship starts

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

Trying to renew my Mayo Season Ticket the last couple of days and its not giving me an option to do this
    ive reset my password and logged in and just displays a blank dashboard
    originally was trying on phone, so tried laptop and same issue
    also now tried in work with Chrome and internet explorer and same issue

have clicked on following link
    https://seasonticket.gaa.ie/renew-ticket
    and just displays a blank dashboard

ive emailed seasonticket@gaa.ie
    is that the best contact method for them
    or is there a phone number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Trying to renew my Mayo Season Ticket the last couple of days and its not giving me an option to do this
    ive reset my password and logged in and just displays a blank dashboard
    originally was trying on phone, so tried laptop and same issue
    also now tried in work with Chrome and internet explorer and same issue

have clicked on following link
    https://seasonticket.gaa.ie/renew-ticket
    and just displays a blank dashboard

ive emailed seasonticket@gaa.ie
    is that the best contact method for them
    or is there a phone number for them?

Its only email they respond to.

Try this url instead, it could make a difference.
    https://seasonticket.matchbox.ie/login

If you get sorted, please reply here incase anyone else is having problems.

thanks for the help
    still have the same issue with that link unfortunately, the site is very slow, so i dont know if they are having issues with it.
    Just need to hope they get back to me before tuesday so i can get it renewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

thanks for the help
    still have the same issue with that link unfortunately, the site is very slow, so i dont know if they are having issues with it.
    Just need to hope they get back to me before tuesday so i can get it renewed

Mine is the same for the last couple of days, I've been trying to renew but just keep seeing my dashboard greyed out in the background and eventually it will load up but if I click anything I'm just left waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

They recommend chrome

In end I had to give them my login details to and they had to reset my password to something else to allow me to renew.

I just tried there and site seems to have an issue.

Trampas wrote: »
    They recommend chrome

In end I had to give them my login details to and they had to reset my password to something else to allow me to renew.

I just tried there and site seems to have an issue.

yeah My dad renewed his last week and had to use Chrome, IE wouldnt work

Ive just reset my password again, site extremely slow loading,

can now see renew ticket option and was able to renew

took about 5 mins for page to load and process after resetting the password

Just got this reply to my email this morning to season ticket office

Thanks for your email.
    Our application is back up now after a short Christmas hiatus.
    You can proceed with your purchase if you have not already done so.
    Nollaig shona duit,
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Quick question on the season ticket if anyone can tell me. I assume for championship games you can only buy a ticket for yourself or any accounts linked? As in if I get one I would also need one for the young lad to get him in beside me where seats are allocated?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

rpurfield wrote: »
    Quick question on the season ticket if anyone can tell me. I assume for championship games you can only buy a ticket for yourself or any accounts linked? As in if I get one I would also need one for the young lad to get him in beside me where seats are allocated?

For some championship games with allocated seating, there is a “Bring a Friend” option. That way you can purchase a ticket next to yours but you’ll get a less favourable ticket. For example in Croke Park you as a season ticket holder could be getting 306 but for bring a friend you are likely to be moved to 310 etc. It all depends on what county you are buying for and the demand for tickets. If you intend bring your child with you to most games, I’d get him his own ticket as it’s far more straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭rpurfield

glack wrote: »
    For some championship games with allocated seating, there is a “Bring a Friend” option. That way you can purchase a ticket next to yours but you’ll get a less favourable ticket. For example in Croke Park you as a season ticket holder could be getting 306 but for bring a friend you are likely to be moved to 310 etc. It all depends on what county you are buying for and the demand for tickets. If you intend bring your child with you to most games, I’d get him his own ticket as it’s far more straightforward.

Cheers Glack

The 'bring a friend' option also seems to depend on your county and code.
    Last season I don't ever recall an option to bring a friend to any game for Galway Hurling season ticket. Open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The 'bring a friend' option also seems to depend on your county and code.
    Last season I don't ever recall an option to bring a friend to any game for Galway Hurling season ticket. Open to correction though.

You're right but bring a friend in my experience so far has only been for Croker and Thurles. I don't even know if it was there for Nowlan this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

big_drive wrote: »
    Be careful they don’t start taking double money once championship starts

So they contacted me and asked me to post the tickets issued in error back to them.

I have asked them to refund me the postage cost they charged me to cover my costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So they contacted me and asked me to post the tickets issued in error back to them.

I have asked them to refund me the postage cost they charged me to cover my costs.

They change €3 to post out ours so I’d be asking for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

They change €3 to post out ours so I’d be asking for that.

They do and charge it twice if you want cards for both codes, they will send the two of them together in the one letter

Not complaining its excellent especially the club plus card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Any emails about Club Final tickets for the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Would the 2020 ticket entitle you to entry for the finals this year or are they still on the 2019 ticket since the competition started last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

dobman88 wrote: »
    Would the 2020 ticket entitle you to entry for the finals this year or are they still on the 2019 ticket since the competition started last year?

They're always on the year of the ST, so this years Club Finals will be on your 2020ST.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    This option has appeared in the 'My Match Tickets' section for me. Default option is YES
    499406.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This option has appeared in the 'My Match Tickets' section for me. Default option is YES
    499406.JPG

I was wondering why people were even bringing this up so early. Completely forgot they mullered the calendar.

EDIT: Checked mine and nothing in there.

I was wondering why people were even bringing this up so early. Completely forgot they mullered the calendar.

EDIT: Checked mine and nothing in there.

Is it only an option if one of your County clubs are involved, or Club+ STs or is it open to all ST holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Should be for all season ticket holders, was definitely the case past few seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tickets are there in my account also.

Advertisement