Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

wilser wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere around Naas to get a massage? Thanks
    Killaahee

Had one a few years ago

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭beertons

wilser wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere around Naas to get a massage? Thanks

There's a place between the moat and the credit union, on that little road. Is it called Residence or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

beertons wrote: »
    There's a place between the moat and the credit union, on that little road. Is it called Residence or something like that.

My Mrs was in there with her mother... they didn't rate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just had the Naasville Thaiger on Wolfetone. Excellent food and portions size

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davey85

Hi, can anyone recommend a drain unblocking service in Naas?

There's a blockage in the external drain that I need cleared.

Any info on prices etc would be great, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

davey85 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a drain unblocking service in Naas?

There's a blockage in the external drain that I need cleared.

Any info on prices etc would be great, thanks

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Suggestions for a roofer to fix a leak? There was one mentioned on here previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭jasonb

Suggestions for a roofer to fix a leak? There was one mentioned on here previously.

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Anyone have a recommendation for a painter? Would be a small enough job so happy to just pay cash or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Anyone have a recommendation for a painter? Would be a small enough job so happy to just pay cash or whatever.

Eamon Molloy is excellent - 086 358 6089 or eamon@dialadecor.ie

• Advertisement

Kavanaghs Off licence having a closing down sale, no price on that lonely bottle of Midleton.

Polonez closed and stripped, taking in its expansion into the Well Read shop. Always felt it was a little cramped.

For Foot Sake gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

the 'For Foot Sake' guy was a bit bitter closing down. He mentioned something about hte people of Naas not being ready for high quality fashionable shoes. Sure we are in a recession, the country is on its knees and he wants us to fork out 200 euro for a pair of shoes. good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the 'For Foot Sake' guy was a bit bitter closing down. He mentioned something about hte people of Naas not being ready for high quality fashionable shoes. Sure we are in a recession, the country is on its knees and he wants us to fork out 200 euro for a pair of shoes. good riddance.
    I’m quite happy with the selection of Bugatti that Whelan’s has to offer

These multi coloured shoes were not for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Eh, Tutty’s have been open since 1946. The stock in the place that closed down seems a little off the wall going by google images.

Statistically I think Ireland hasn’t been in recession since 2010 though.

Yeah, his stock didn't really appeal to me. Whelan's Ecco slip on does me. Ain't got time for laces.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The country hasn't been in recession for years and years. There is a very specific definition for that term, it is not perception based.

Seems Fletchers have a Kerry and Dublin flag hanging outside their front today. Presumably because they play each other in the league. Like...frankly ..**** off

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Seems Fletchers have a Kerry and Dublin flag hanging outside their front today. Presumably because they play each other in the league. Like...frankly ..**** off

I was in there a few weeks ago for the first time .... couldn’t help feeling I was in a cold church and they have the smell of one aswell

Anyone else think same?

Looking to get some storage built in for the utility room...looking for a carpenter recommended by anyone locally to contact

Thanks

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Looking to get some storage built in for the utility room...looking for a carpenter recommended by anyone locally to contact

Thanks

There's a guy 2 houses up from me in number 6 who can do what ever you need.

• Advertisement

Where is there free parking on a Monday nearest the lemongrass? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Where is there free parking on a Monday nearest the lemongrass? Thanks.

I think lemongrass have parking behind their restaurant. If that’s where you’re going

I think lemongrass have parking behind their restaurant. If that’s where you’re going

Can’t say I’ve noticed it. I’ll ask if we can leave till 11 am. Thanks.

L1011 wrote: »
    The country hasn't been in recession for years and years. There is a very specific definition for that term, it is not perception based.

you know what i mean when I say recession. The English language is dynamic. when someone refers to a mobile phone, do you ask them if they mean 'cell phone' and that a mobile phone has a different meaning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

you know what i mean when I say recession. The English language is dynamic. when someone refers to a mobile phone, do you ask them if they mean 'cell phone' and that a mobile phone has a different meaning.

There's a difference between a different meaning and being completely and utterly wrong.

And no, I don't know what you mean as there are countless things someone could mean when they inaccurate use "recession". What specifically did you mean?

If you actually think there are signs of anything approaching a recession currently I suggest you need to pay a bit more attention!

There's a difference between a different meaning and being completely and utterly wrong.

And no, I don't know what you mean as there are countless things someone could mean when they inaccurate use "recession". What specifically did you mean?

If you actually think there are signs of anything approaching a recession currently I suggest you need to pay a bit more attention!

maybe you should start with some childrens ABC books to learn about words.

we have people who cant get a home in this country. or were YOU not paying ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you should start with some childrens ABC books to learn about words.

we have people who cant get a home in this country. or were YOU not paying ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you think that a recession is causing that? House prices are going up due to a continued contraction in the national economy? Because that is what 'recession' means, absolutely nothing else.

Please learn what the word means before trying to use it again. And possibly some basic anger management skills.

And you think that a recession is causing that?

Please learn what the word means before trying to use it again.

recession had a technical meaning originally. something about economy shrinking two quarters in a row, or something like that, based on specific ways to measure of an economy. Recession is one of hte most regularly used words in Ireland for last 12 years. And yet people dont use it to mean the technical definition cause they dont know the technical definition is. they mean it generally as economy on the downturn. i would have thought that is the meaning people take it to be.

Now you started this discussion on the definition of a recession. dont you think this discussion should be based on Naas???

recession had a technical meaning originally. something about economy shrinking two quarters in a row, or something like that, based on specific ways to measure of an economy. Recession is one of hte most regularly used words in Ireland for last 12 years. And yet people dont use it to mean the technical definition cause they dont know the technical definition is. they mean it generally as economy on the downturn. i would have thought that is the meaning people take it to be.

Now you started this discussion on the definition of a recession. dont you think this discussion should be based on Naas???

You think the economy is on the downturn? And that's causing house price rises?

You are the one who, insanely, brought up a recession - not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

This thread recently is the reason I'm happy to finally moved out of Naas

Advertisement