Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Year...... New TV series

• 01-01-2020 3:31pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Now that Christmas season is coming to a close, new tv shows and previous seasons of shows are coming back to our screens.

Any recommendations of tv shows let us know.

Coming back this week are;

1st Jan

The great festive bake-off - Channel 4
    Dracula - BBC One
    Messiah - Netflix

2nd Jan

Big Fat Quiz of the decade - Channel 4

4th Jan

Dancing on ice - VM1/ITV
    The Greatest Dancer - BBC One
    Ninja Warrior UK - VM2
    First & Last (New Quiz Show) - BBC One
    The Voice UK - VM1/ITV

5th Jan

SAS: Who Dares Wins - Channel 4
    Room to Improve - Dermot’s house - Rte One
    Call The Midwife - BBC one

13th Jan

The outsider - Sky Atlantic

Anything to add let us know :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Call the Midwife is back on Sunday. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Call the Midwife is back on Sunday. :)

Added to the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Vera ITV season 10 starting on the 12th of January at 8 PM.

Best Home Cook with Mary Berry BBC1 Jan 2nd at 8PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Call the Midwife is back on Sunday.

Yes, you can't beat a bit of Call the Midwife.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New series of Operation Transformation starts on Wednesday night on Rte one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The outsider, based on the Stephen king novel starts on sky Atlantic on jan 13th. Am looking forward to this as the book wasnt bad.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    The outsider, based on the Stephen king novel starts on sky Atlantic on jan 13th. Am looking forward to this as the book wasnt bad.

Great shout. I read the book on holidays last year so really looking forward to this :)

The Dancing on ice launch show tonight was very Christmassy. Which was a nice surprise.

New series of first dates Ireland back on thursday at 9.30 on rte2
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Advertisement

New Series of Love Island starting back this Sunday VM1 9pm, I make no bones about it, I love it :D

Loughc wrote: »
    New Series of Love Island starting back this Sunday VM1 9pm, I make no bones about it, I love it :D

I though it would at least the summer before that was back on :(

Guess its NFL on the ipad for me then!

TRS30 wrote: »
    I though it would at least the summer before that was back on :(

Guess its NFL on the ipad for me then!

It's on twice a year now. Similar to the way Big Brother went before the end, milk the cash cow as much as possible before it dries out.

Deadwater Fell, the new David Tennant Series starts tonight on Channel 4. Been looking forward to watching this.

Me too! He is usually pretty good. :)

All episodes of The Heist: Million Pound Bank Job are on Sky on Demand.

Series one is there too it's a great watch and very binge-able.
    Nine law-abiding people team up to pull off a raid. A life-changing stash of cash is theirs if they succeed. But against a crack team of detectives, have they got what it takes to be a master criminal?

You watching the outsider loughc?

You watching the outsider loughc?

I am indeed. It’s so good I read the book last summer and it’s exactly how I pictured it. I love seeing the book come to life.

Started into Snowfall on BBC, couple of episodes in and is good so far.

Also have Righteous Gemstones to start as soon as get some free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

If you haven't seen Cheer on Netflix, it's worth a watch.

• Advertisement

Godfather of Harlem has started with rave reviews also.

Wasn't mad on that one myself TBH. Too many gangster cliche's all rolled into one. I love a good gangster show, Boardwalk Empire being my personal favourite, but this just seemed a bit too 'by the numbers', alright at a push but wouldn't have my dying to see the next episode.

Started watching White House Farm last night, mostly because Stephen Graham is in it, hadn't copped it was a true story and am fascinated now to see how it develops.

Disappointed that I only discovered this last night when it was the last two episodes of the series, but yeah I liked the two i saw anyway.

Anyone else think that 'The stranger' was pretty poor fare? My mrs thought it decent enough but I thought the acting and holes in the plot so bad I struggled to get anything from it.

White house farm was the opposite,really enjoyed it and would thoroughly recommend.

Special forces hell week on rte started on Monday just gone. It’s amazing. Don’t know why it’s so funny.

Special forces hell week on rte started on Monday just gone. It’s amazing. Don’t know why it’s so funny.

My mrs hates it, but I like it. A friend is a retired ranger and his take on it is fantastic. Great to get some inside knowledge from someone who's been there and done that and more.

Anyone else think that 'The stranger' was pretty poor fare? My mrs thought it decent enough but I thought the acting and holes in the plot so bad I struggled to get anything from it.

White house farm was the opposite,really enjoyed it and would thoroughly recommend.
    I thought 'The Stranger' was alright, but didn't enjoy it as much as 'Safe' which I thought was very good.
    I stopped watching Whitehouse Farm after 2 episodes- just couldn't get into it.

I think Sunday will be the last Call the Midwife; that was a quick January/February after all!

New series of Gogglebox UK back on Friday. :)

Posy wrote: »
    I thought 'The Stranger' was alright, but didn't enjoy it as much as 'Safe' which I thought was very good.
    I stopped watching Whitehouse Farm after 2 episodes- just couldn't get into it.

I think Sunday will be the last Call the Midwife; that was a quick January/February after all!

New series of Gogglebox UK back on Friday. :)

Love call the midwife, but yeah think its run is usually 8 episodes so this week should be the last. Love the fact it comes back straight after christmas & brings us through the dreary months. My Mrs will be glad to see the back of it until Christmas though, every single episode has her in tears :)

Love gogglebox, but much prefer the Irish one if I'm honest, there's something a bit more 'homely' about it that I like. The 4 girls in cabra are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Love gogglebox, but much prefer the Irish one if I'm honest, there's something a bit more 'homely' about it that I like. The 4 girls in cabra are brilliant.

Love Googlebox too - those lads up in Cooley are hilarious! And the two brothers in Cavan!

The UK one is also good, was particularly interesting in the run up to Brexit to see their opinions on it

• Advertisement

I love Googlebox too, both versions. can never understand why the Irish one doesn't get a longer season, like the UK.

The Uk one, i've never liked Pete & Sophie, i know they have a big fan base, and have laughted at them jumping with fright, but just their arrogant attitude at times when watching people and the way they constantly ridicule a person calling them names.

Advertisement