Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Certificate Delivery

• 04-01-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi, im wondering if its possible to take delivery of an actual share cert of a company, in particular Fist Majestic Silver. anybody out there got any ideas of how i could take delivery?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Buy the shares and ask the broker to register the shares in your name rather than the usual nominee account. Pay the required fees.

Ask the broker to deliver the physical certificates to you, pay the fees and you'll receive the certificates.

However it is most likely to cost a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 maca007755

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Buy the shares and ask the broker to register the shares in your name rather than the usual nominee account. Pay the required fees.

Ask the broker to deliver the physical certificates to you, pay the fees and you'll receive the certificates.

However it is most likely to cost a fair bit.

Thanks for the reply.
    Any idea which broker facilitates this kind of request? The online brokers such as plus 500 or degiro don't do this. Goodbodys also said they could not deliver a share certificate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Sorry, no. I'm not familiar with Irish broker operations, but it seems Davy does:

https://www.davyselect.ie/share-certificates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14 maca007755

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Sorry, no. I'm not familiar with Irish broker operations, but it seems Davy does:

https://www.davyselect.ie/share-certificates.html

Sound out. Thanks

Advertisement