Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs Connacht, Sat 4th Jan, 17:30 Eir

• 03-01-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭

QmwDnWA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    EHcnQsb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I think we all know how this one is going to go.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm just thankful for small mercies. Like Noel Reid not playing for Leinster anymore. And not making the trip this year. That's how desperate it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leinster's squad management over the festive period has been superb. At the same time, I would love to see Connacht make a battle of it, it would do both sides the world of good ahead of Rds 5 and 6 in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Connacht won’t come and role over, I’m sure Leinster will win but they won’t make it easy. I’d be surprised if the spread was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Agreed! Connacht could not be as poor as last week! I think it will be a close match.
    Delighted to see Frawley get the nod! Hope he goes well.
    It's doubtful that Stephen Fitz could be as poor as T.O.H was last week!
    Thornbury makes the l/o a lot harder for us also.
    I think Leinster by 7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Connacht won't roll over and will give it a lash but Leinster are going to get ball on a conveyor belt for the first 30 minutes if they're interested. Furlong, Dooley, Ryan, Ruddock and Molony should be getting the ball on a plate to the halfbacks and I can see Deegan and Cronin punching a few massive holes on a quick recycle off McGrath.

I'd say Leinster by 18. They'll ease off once the game is won.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The bookmakers saying Leinster by 28. Connacht are usually game in this fixture unlike Ulster but that lineup...

If it's a similar deal to the farcical Ulster game I wouldn't be too surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The real focal point of the match is whether Friendy hates Horwitz so much that he won't bring him on, even if Baby Fitz loses a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The real focal point of the match is whether Friendy hates Horwitz so much that he won't bring him on, even if Baby Fitz loses a leg.

fairness, he has been average any time he has being on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Tickets still available for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Tickets still available for this?

Corner seats in the Anglesea still going on Ticketmaster, doesn't look like there's many though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Hopefully we see some moments of brilliance from Frawley. Connacht are throwing in the towel with that selection considering it’s their cup final every year. Hopefully we see some creativity from the backs and try to unlock their defence rather than running them ragged and running in overlaps or pummelling them on their line.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Granny15 wrote: »
    Hopefully we see some moments of brilliance from Frawley. Connacht are throwing in the towel with that selection considering it’s their cup final every year. Hopefully we see some creativity from the backs and try to unlock their defence rather than running them ragged and running in overlaps or pummelling them on their line.

Throwing in the towel?!
    They have barely enough players fit. This isn't Ulster.

Throwing in the towel?!
    They have barely enough players fit. This isn't Ulster.

They literally had 24 players at training the other day. Including academy lads. They ended up having to bring in a couple of ail players to make up the numbers apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Hardly Connachts cup final, wtf. Connacht won the league a few years ago. Long gone past the days when season was defined by one game. One plus of not being in the rds tomorrow will be not hearing guff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Hardly Connachts cup final, wtf. Connacht won the league a few years ago. Long gone past the days when season was defined by one game. One plus of not being in the rds tomorrow will be not hearing guff like that.

Next time you're up you should join us on the terrace. Totally different guff there. We're great craic! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

molloyjh wrote: »
    Next time you're up you should join us on the terrace. Totally different guff there. We're great craic! :p

Are you referring to the boys who chant dross “Leinster Leinster. “ Yeah great craic. Make me want to put a bullet in my head

ClanofLams wrote: »
    molloyjh wrote: »

You'll be absolutely sending it in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, aren't we a delight this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Are you referring to the boys who chant dross “Leinster Leinster. “ Yeah great craic. Make me want to put a bullet in my head

If it's great craic why would you want to put a bullet in your head?? :/

Feel free to pm man if you're having a tough time. Can't stand to see someone having demons in their thoughts like that

• Advertisement

Only the greatest horseplay of all time on the terrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Connacht are throwing in the towel with that selection considering it’s their cup final every year.

That's without doubt the best side we could put out in probably the most injury-ridden provincial season of any side in recent memory. Doesn't help there's no hope of emergency loans for whatever reason.

Absolute Kearnage with the lads

Nothing better than a flat deece with the BMs on the terrace

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nothing better than a flat deece with the BMs on the terrace

You all joke, but I was on the terrace at the RDS for the Ulster game and this is how terrace people really talk.

awec wrote: »
    You all joke, but I was on the terrace at the RDS for the Ulster game and this is how terrace people really talk.

Awec please say "how now brown cow"

Pretty please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »

That was just Thomond...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Connacht are throwing in the towel with that selection considering it’s their cup final every year.

Hardly throwing in the towel - that suggests more that they know they cant win whatever. They could of course have picked a better team, and indeed had the feel of a cup final tilt at the top team. But it was planned by the through the IRFU that they throw this game, like the Ulster one. The Munster game was they one they were planning to win, but blew. As the weakest of the four thats always a risk for Connacht with this effective hobbling of the Christmas games.

These 6 games - more heavy training sessions than matches with results that matter - have become a critical strategy, and strength, of Irelands 6N preparations. Its a wonder it wasnt put in place years before it was. The crowds still go even though they arent real games - its holiday time, its a social outing, good atmos given that the results dont really have consequence, yet an interest in how various players are going in the manner of the Final Trial of old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't make match tonight. 4 free tickets for Grandstand if any fans want them. PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Connacht always put up a good fight against Leinster but the team sheets don't bode well. Given Leinsters current form you'd have to expect an all mighty hammering.

Advertisement